Memories of driving to Rocky Point with Dad

jerry

Well Known Member
Dean poisoned generations of American kids with such inventions as a sausage link on a stick, coated in blueberry pancake batter and then deep fried, corndog style. WTF!!!! I bet he killed more people than Hitler and Pol Pot combined with that crap. On the positive sidei think the first Muppet appeared on his variety show

playaperro

El Pirata
Not so fast amigo, He was a junk food vendor, but he did not buy the stuff for the kids, parents did, Now we have Guero Canelo and BJ's doing all the damage here in town.

PintoPoint

Well Known Member
Boy this thread took a strange turn. I still cherish the time I had with my Dad in Rocky Point before he passed away suddenly. He loved adventure and we had all kinds of them down there. A man who had a 180k motorhome but would spend a week with me living out of a garage with a porta potty and solar shower. He took pride in me and what we were building and he could figure out how to build of fix anything. We spent the 70's going to San Felipe and camping on the beach. Much of what I love about Rocky Point is the memories I had with my dad and now my grandkids.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Jerry proving he's an ass yet again. Killed more people than Hitler and Pol Pot combined? Get a grip, dude, before I ban you just for being an ass. Opinions are one thing, but that comment was way out of line for this thread. Did you cheer the day Ray Kroc died? Both of these people lived the American dream and contributed to American culture - from simple beginnings to becoming very successful corporations. Despite whatever goes on in that warped brain of yours, this is still America and you have the freedom to eat sausage or stuff three Big Macs in your face. Or not. If there was no demand for what they offer, capitalism at work would have taken care of that. Oh yeah, Ronald McDonald is personally responsible for every obese kid in America. There is no such thing as parental or personal responsibility anymore, is there? It's always somebody else's fault.

Pinto - Your father sounds like a great man. Cherish those memories! My father died suddenly about three years ago. We were estranged most of my adult life. There are so many things I wish I could of shared with him over the years.

jerry

Well Known Member
Processed meats can increase the risk of heart disease by 42 percent and diabetes by 19 percent, U.S. researchers said Monday in the latest study on dietary health risks.

However, unprocessed lamb, pork or beef did not increase those health risks, according to a Reuters report, suggesting that increased salt and chemical preservatives of processed foods may be the real culprits.
Catch more fish,eat less sausage..spend more time on earth!

"There is a substantial body of evidence indicating that red meat, and processed meats in particular, are associated with heart attack, diabetes and colorectal cancer," said Walter Willett, MD, chairman of the nutrition department at the Harvard School of Public Health. "The evidence is very clear that replacing sausage in our diets with some combination of fish, poultry, nuts and beans would be healthier."

By example, a single serving (3 links) of "Jimmy Dean Heat ‘N Serve" maple-flavored sausage Links provides 18 grams of fat, or 28 percent of the amount recommended for an entire day. One serving provides 6 grams of saturated fat, or 30 percent of the daily recommendation.

Another product, "Jimmy Dean Country Mild Sausage," provides 21 calories of total fat, or 32% of the amount the government recommends for an entire day.

jerry

Well Known Member
If I was ever unlucky enough to be put on dead row I'd begin my meal with a tube of Slim Jims (best commercials every...go bigfoot!)and end it with a Jimmy Dean sausage link dipped in Chocolate chip pancake batter,deap fried and smothered with maple surup....After a box of those microwavable wonders i wouldn't make it to the Electric Chair!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
:ham:For crying out loud, Jerry! Enough!:deadhorse: If people want to eat stuff that's not good for them, they will. You being the food police will not change any minds on here and is just annoying for the rest of us.:blah: Who pee pee'd in your Wheaties? Stuart, I really need my aagh smilie here!

ON EDIT: Here Chari. Just for you.:aagh:

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
For gawd's sake, Jerry, take it to Rants!

No one forces people to eat certain foods....why don't you rant about all the food companys...particularly the ones producing and marketing breakfast cereals....how many kids are being groomed for death from that junk?

I happened to like the man.....he wasn't in the limelight like some performers, there is very little info on the web about his private life, he helped many other performers get their start, and was a successful business man.

jerry

Well Known Member
"At the bottom of this mine lies a big, big man -- Big John."

I think a big John themed funeral would be better than one focused on his factory farmed sausage concoctions say a "pigs-in-a-blanket" layout or god forbid sometning from the corndog line( Jimmy on a stick,fried in batter)

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Jerry, put the dope down. Besides turning you into a moron, it's giving you the munchies and all you seem to be able to think about is eating a nice, greasy Jimmy Dean sausage. You *know* you want one. It's a shame you deprive yourself of such things. I'm cooking Johnsville Brats on the grill tonight! Long live sausage!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
:bunny::bunny:OH THANK YOU STUART!!!!!!!!!!!! MY AAGH SMILIE!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got my aagh smilie! I got my aagh smilie!!!!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

A

azbeachboy

Thanks again for ruining a thread,jerry. If you don't like Jimmy Dean here's a hot meal for you...