More killing in Rocky Point???

Derek

Hi Kenny, I thought that 04 Trailblazer in the pic says the victims car, so they both had the same cars ?

jerry

Empty towers (pillars of salt?) plague (swine flu) war (narcos) collapse of society (housing bubble) earthquakes,high priced beer,lack of tolet paper in public bathrooms.....all we lack are swarms of Locusts,fire and brimstone..
This all could be the Black Widows fault (when will she give me my wallet back anyways?)
In the bible the city of Sodom was destroyed because the local gay community (just about everyone) wanted to have sex with 2 angels visiting Lot......

"Then the Lord rained brimstone and fire on Puerto Penasco, from the Lord out of the heavens" Genesis 19:24. Turning Rokcy Point into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly" II Peter 2:6.

Roberto

What the heck kind of stuff :sunny:are you into Roberto, or are you having a Woodstock flashback,:shock: again?
I just noticed that a Green light appears next to my and others name as well. I thought is was one of Jerry's symbols. When you reach the appropriate levels of awareness from meditation you will see a BLUE light that comes from the navel. I though you knew all about this Kenny!

Kenny

Is that car in the picture a gray 04 trailblazer? I couldn't say, but it doesn't look grey to me. I only know what the last, the paragraph says "According to witnesses the gunmen left in a grey 2004 Chevy Trailblazer with Arizona license plates." That makes me think someone saw, and gave a description of the getaway vehicle.

Kenny

A

azbeachboy

"Then the Lord rained brimstone and fire on Puerto Penasco, from the Lord out of the heavens" Genesis 19:24. Turning Rokcy Point into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly" II Peter 2:6.
How about just Sandy Beach!

Kenny

I just noticed that a Green light appears next to my and others name as well. I thought is was one of Jerry's symbols. When you reach the appropriate levels of awareness from meditation you will see a BLUE light that comes from the navel. I though you knew all about this Kenny!
Well I guess you thought wrong.. Wait a minute, let me check...Nope, it's red.

jerry

I ran into 10 fishermen from Puerto Penasco down by Fort Bowie last month.They were on the final leg of a "hiking trip" It looked like they had dropped their packs off and were waiting to be picked up by a air conditioned Border patrol van for the ride back home.
One of the guys sells shrimp in town at his real job. How can the mexican goverment compete with the narcos when a guy can make 2 months pay in a day and a half hike?

The archives as we knew them are history. I have an idea for getting that information back to where we can see it, but I'll have to talk to Mel.

As for the shooting at San Jose Clinic and how it will impact Rocky Point tourism. Let me point out that if the original poster had read RPNO he would know that the deceased was also armed and that this happened at 3:20am. And when the shooters went to the clinic, they hurt absolutely no one besides their intended target. Not even the police officers were threatened or attacked. Everyone was made to get on the floor, they finished their task and moved on.

Not a good thing, but worth mentioning that those who aren't part of that scene are in no danger. More innocent bystanders are hit by stray bullets in American cities than here in Penasco. In fact, it hasn't happened that I know of in the years I've lived here. Not once.

When the subject of danger or violence comes up in our conversations, we need to stop being apologists. Hold your head high and be glad for the opportunity to enlighten others. We are safer in Penasco than in the States, and we need to quit being afraid of the truth.
Rosy....I have never been an apologist....I've always told anyone who would listen that I find RP safer then many areas of Phoenix. I was raised in New York City, and was never robbed, mugged or anything else....you go looking for trouble and you will find it!!! HOWEVER.....if the "hits" continue, eventually someone will get caught in the crossfire! I don't know what the conditions were at the clinic...if the police were surprised/overwhelmed and found it more intelligent not to fight back.....or just decided to look the other way, but at first glance, it does not give me a "warm and fuzzy" as to the capabilities of the local police, or where their "interests" lie.....

Last edited:
A

AZ Miguel

Why blast AZ Miguel? I think he makes a good point. I also avoid places where known violence and crimes occur. You can keep yelling “we are safe here” but if this little tourist town keeps having these types of things occurring………why would anyone bring their family there? I can’t think of another US “tourist town” (the same size in population) that keeps having these types of “incidents”.
THANK YOU!!! My point exactly! I started going to Rocky Point when I first moved to AZ in 1975 and I've seen a lot of change here and there! I can still legally carry a pistol here but only the law and outlaws have them SOB. The $hit is getting deep and I'm not going to put my family at a higher risk when I can avoid it. To rationalize that no one got shot other then the main person is not taking into account that EVERYONE was ordered to the floor to include the cops! You think they said please? hell no, it was also at gun point with the threat of losing their lives! Sure, stifle the news that will affect the tourism industry in a negative way but if this story is true then you can bet Rocky point is going to slow down even more. Lots of dirty money went into building it up and with it came some real nasty player's and all the American influence will not help keep the Mexican corruption out.

A

AZ Miguel

Not even the police officers were threatened or attacked. Everyone was made to get on the floor, they finished their task and moved on.

Not a good thing, but worth mentioning that those who aren't part of that scene are in no danger.
And the Police Officers could do nothing about someone being murdered because the were fearful for their own live's! What part of this do you not understand that the polices WERE THREATENED! as was everyone else! Would you be ok with any of your family in that situation?

P

Penasco Pirate

I can't wait to get back down...the traffic here is more dangerous than what I've seen/heard in Penasco! Atleast it's not LA with drive by shootings (yet). I hope the people come back and the drug cartels keep their end of life a little more hidden. The same thing happens here all the time, anyway......PARTY ON! I won't talk sh!t about anyone else...I do believe that Parrothead's 'bash' on Miguel was just a poke, though. You can stay home with your head in the sand (dust, dirt, whatever)...IT'S EVERYWHERE and it ain't goin' away!

Jim

I have lived in Penasco full time for about 2 years and feel very safe. You all can say what you want but the worst thing that I deal with here is the neighbors occasional loud music. Bad things happen everywhere. Mostly to bad people. I lived in Tucson for over 20 years (in a decent neighborhood) and can't count the times the helicopter was in my neighborhood with the spotlight on. If you are scared, please don't come. We don't need you. But, please don't buy into the hysteria. I don't need to defend this place. If the Americans don't come to enjoy it the Mexicans will. It is actually quite busy now with Mexican Nationals on vacation. It is a beautiful place with a very bright future. Now, go ahead and spread some more crap if you have to.

apb739

"If you are scared, please don't come. We don't need you. But, please don't buy into the hysteria".

No hysteria...just facts! and yes I wont bring my family there for vacation!

P

Penasco Pirate

No need to throw anymore mud here guys and gals! I defend some of my friends' descisions not to bring thier young children down right now, but don't understand the 'human condition' attached to this problem. If you aren't comfortable with going to Penasco, why are you here? We like it here on the board and in RP, if you don't...please, keep it to yourself. The people who are looking for a good place to go don't need it either! The US government is doing ENOUGH to discredit Mexico as it is!!!!

We aren't buying so don't try to sell here, sorry.

AZ Miguel and rockyptjoe are dead on. It is difficult to put any kind of a good spin on this situation. I regret that my days of enjoyment on RP may also be limited. It is not much fun coming down to to a gost town by oneself. Again, people read and believe whay they read. Being gunned down in a medical center is not the norm in the U.S. If someone is shot in a bar it ends there. RP is realativity a small community. If this type of deadly crimminal activity happened in a small community in a short time in the U.S. it would get national exposure. To dismiss this as trivial is whistling by the graveyard. Some people cannot handle the truth. "And that is all I have to say about that".

I'm not ready to write off Rocky Point.....YET....but if the shootings continue or increase....I will drop it like I would any other place that had become too dangerous to visit and vacation at.....in Mexico or the US! When I start worrying too much about where I can or can't go in town without getting caught in a gun battle.....that is when I leave.

I've been coming to Penasco for a bunch of years....well before any of the condos on Sandy Beach were built. Used to camp at Playa Bonita...started with tents....left everything out....unlocked when I played in the water with my kids. Left all sorts of stuff out at night, never worrying about it growing legs and walking away. Now I double lock the trailer, don't leave anything out that that costs more then a few dollars and I don't want to lose..... I've had my trailer broken into...with several items stolen. I can handle that....but I will not "handle" or make excuses for gun battles in the street or in areas of town that I may frequent. People talk about drive-bys in some of the US cities....and murders....but we haven't had the type of violence that the drug gangs have levied in Mexico anywhere in the US.....where politicians, police chiefs, and newsmen are assasinated. Great if the gangs were just knocking each other off....but they are killing those who oppose or expose them.

A couple of years ago I was starting to think that my days coming down to Penasco were numbered with all the development, and the rv parks quickly disappearing. Then the economic "downturn" (or was it a collapse) slowed that. I was looking forward to several more years. With more violence, those few extra years will be gone, as will I! You can accuse me of putting my head in the sand about violence or safety in the US....but those who discount any increase in violence in Penasco are also sticking their head in the sand!

For now I will continue to watch the news of happenings in Penasco, and base whether I continue coming down on MY judgement if I or my family are in too much danger...not based on EITHER the "rah rah" crowd, or the "sky is falling" crowd!