Mother nature is a bit angry today

My husband just came in from outside.........."say by dingy, the winds have gone and blown my front door off" (Gopher from Winnie the Pooh)!!! That's what kind of day in paradise it is today, LOL!! It's blowing like there's no tomorrow out there and the waves are pretty darn big. Certainly not a day to hang on the beach or go in the water and it looks like it's probably going to hamper everyone's "bbq on the beach" day tomorrow as well. Oh well, I'm still happy to be here and still lovin' it............:razz:

I'm happy I was able to get in and swim yesterday... it amazes me how the Sea of Cortez can change so fast... it's like flipping the switch on a washing machine...

Last edited:

mis2810

We had a really nice day yesterday. The wind howling kept me up most of the night last night. What's up with this wind? Is it going to calm down at all today?

I'm scared to open the patio door at our pigeon coop. The whole sheet of glass is shaking!

I'm still happy to be here, but I really wanted to hang out under the palapa on the beach again today. Thanks for letting me whine a little!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
And.... that is exactly why I cancelled my fishing trip for this weekend. Thanks for confirming that Buoyweather was spot on. Originally, it was predicting red flag conditions all day Saturday, but changed them to yellow - which is still wind in the 20-30 knot range. I won't even bother going out in those kind of conditions - you get nothing but wet and beat up. Guess I'll try again in two weeks and maybe have better luck.

A little rough out there...off PDO on Mirador beach at about 9am

[video=youtube;U4s5t3KdVz4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4s5t3KdVz4[/video]

These waves were way cool... while Barb visited with Julie, Bruce and Chari and her friend, Boo and I went out and played in the waves... Chuck we went looking for you and Angel... sea U soon...

Where were you guys hanging out?....walked over to Julies' trailer about 5pm....didn't see any vehicles.....

we were there until just before 5pm... Julie and Bruce went for cocktails at their friends... anyone up for meeting for breakfast in the morning???

Last edited:
It sure didn't calm down all day....this was shot on the Sea of Cortez side out at Cholla....

[video=youtube;RkH5KIApOO8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkH5KIApOO8[/video]

hope it gets better while I am there, 18-23. I don't think I have ever seen it this bad since '07 or '08 same time of year. Only lasted for maybe 2 days

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Good Morning, everyone! Well, this trailer was a rockin' all night! Holy Cow! The wind is as bad as I have ever seen it! The front window cover and the stove vent rattled all night! I got your note, Joe, even tho it was on the wrong trailer. I just park there. I am in the trailer immediately to the north. We are still working on my trailer, the electrical is being a pain.....Maybe I can stay there tonight! I might be up for breakfast; I will either be in the north 40 or San Rafael at 9 this morning. Too bad we won't be able to do the sunset cruise. I was so looking forward to it! See you all soon.

Hey...we all have our own reasons for coming down to Penasco....some get their "fix" by fishing, some by hanging out with friends on the beach and in the water. It doesn't matter to me how much the wind is blowing as long as it's not gale force (and giving me a sand blast job)!!! I love the sound of the waves crashing.....very relaxing....if I don't get to ride the jetskis...there will be another trip!!! If you "have" to go in the water, Sandy Beach is great(reminds of waves/surf back home) and there are locations at Cholla that are well protected when it's blowing in the current direction....over by JJ's, and also Tucson Beach....any of the regulars can show you where it's at! At least in Jul/Aug, the wind keeps the humidity bearable...

Last edited: