Motorcycles at the border

A

AZrockpoint

Was thinking of taking my motorcycle to Rocky point for the weekend. Was wondering how they are treated at the border. As you may know, Harley's are air cooled and can overheat sitting in line. Do they allow motorcycles to ride to the front? How would you react if you saw a motorcycle effectively cutting the whole line? Would you let the bike in?

Just curious.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
as the song says: "Alerta, que al que va en motocicleta ningun carro lo respeta y autobus? mejor ni hablar!! and if it is a busy weekend you will be asking a lot of people!!

Was thinking of taking my motorcycle to Rocky point for the weekend. Was wondering how they are treated at the border. As you may know, Harley's are air cooled and can overheat sitting in line. Do they allow motorcycles to ride to the front? How would you react if you saw a motorcycle effectively cutting the whole line? Would you let the bike in?

Just curious.
We're working on the 1st Annual Rocky Point Fun Run for May. Lots of H-Ds will be down here then, as they are evey November for the Annual Rocky Point Rally. They make the trek across the border (with proper insurance, of course) without incident or overheating. This weekend promises to be a good one, but the Spring Break crowd has left and so lines will be shorter.

<start commercial>As you might know, you can buy your Mexico insurance online or just before you cross the border. There isn't a big variation between the price and the product sold by the different companies. If you buy it from me, at ProAlliance (self-serving link is in my signature) online, you will get my personal cell phone number and the assurance that my staff and I are here in RP and available to you 24/7 if you should have a problem. No 1-800 number and you're on your own. If a claim must be filed, we'll handle it for you personally. Just go to the website and click where it says WELCOME BIKERS! </end commercial>

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
No head of the line privileges, sorry. But, unless it's a holiday or other big event weekend, the lines generally aren't very long. No overheating worries. No more than sitting in traffic in Phoenix. Also, I've found the best time to cross is the first thing in the morning (if coming back Sunday). Everybody that was partying Sat. night is still sleeping it off and if you hit the border before 9:00 am, it's usually not much of a wait at all.

Just to add....I've been on one of those long lines after a bike rally (like sitting on line for 2-3 hours)....and it was VERY IRRITATING....especially when groups of 10-20 bikers rode up the other side shoulder to bypass. Fortunately, I'm not a violent person by nature!! :evil::evil::evil:

S

Submarine

We rode down to Agua Prieta in January and waited in a lot longer line to cross back. I was tempted to ride through and probably should, but I didn't. They don't waste a lot of time checking bikes so I would probably just cut next time.
I heard some years they had bike-specific lanes.

JimMcG

We rode down to Agua Prieta in January and waited in a lot longer line to cross back. I was tempted to ride through and probably should, but I didn't. They don't waste a lot of time checking bikes so I would probably just cut next time.
I heard some years they had bike-specific lanes.
They did and scores of bikes went straight to the head of the line, as everyone else waited for hours. They used the commercial lanes of to the right.

A

azbeachboy

I've been down the last six bike rally's in November. Trust me, the bikers don't wait at the back of the line. Just ride to the front and cut in...

Well this is the first ever Fun Run for those who don't want to wait until the Rally in November. More info to come, but this is going to be a great time for all...hope you and your biker friends will put it on your calendars!