New boat today kinda

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Just ignore the naysayers Bill!!!
That strategy usually works out pretty well in all things, doesn't it ...? ;)

One thing to think about Bill- you were mentioning making a PVC rack for your ski... even though aluminum is way more expensive to fabricate, you might re-consider it for two reasons:

1) Eventually, the Sun exposure will turn PVC pretty brittle- the vibrations on the water will add add stress that will probably ultimately lead to cracking and failure, although this is offset by the fact that PVC is pretty cheap, so you can just make a new one when it starts breaking down.

I know Don used PVC to frame out his inflatable boat- maybe check in with him on how well it has held up over time.

2) PVC is actually quite a bit heavier than aluminum...weight savings means increased fuel economy...

just a couple opinions to ponder (or ignore :) )

Roberto

Question. Will that superstructure interfere with rollin back upright in the case of a rollover and might it not increase the probability of one as well? Fair amount of weight involved in all that stuff, particularly when wet.

Question. Will that superstructure interfere with rollin back upright in the case of a rollover and might it not increase the probability of one as well? Fair amount of weight involved in all that stuff, particularly when wet.
Probably a little bit, especially if it fills with water. I would look into sealing off the ends. On a Hobie Cat, the mast head is sealed with silicone, and you can right one if you tip. Once the seal (silicone) breaks down, and you tip, and start filling the mast with water...fogettaboutit!!! As Robert indicated, the aluminum should be relatively light. The key to a rollover is to right as quickly as possible if the jetski hasn't self-righted.

Thanks all
I went for a small PVC rack and painted it yo match he boat. I still have a bit to do and then I will post some pics.