New boat today kinda

Hooch

Congratulations...you found some boats under $5 grand....some of which are lake boats, and I wouldn't even consider taking out into open water....but that's just me! And how much gas are you going to burn going out 50 miles?

So wait, you won't take a "lake boat" out 15 miles but you'll take a jetski out 15 miles. Lol This is the kind of logic that got Obama elected his first term lol

So wait, you won't take a "lake boat" out 15 miles but you'll take a jetski out 15 miles. Lol This is the kind of logic that got Obama elected his first term lol
Have you ever ridden a 3 seater jetski? I've asked that question a couple of times already......

First, everything is pretty much sealed up....the hatches have seals.....and any water that MAY splash in (a little under the seat where intake air is coming in) is taken care of by the bilge pump. It takes some huge waves breaking over the bow to get water inside the hull. Those "lake" boats have very little freeboard...have open bows....can be easily swamped.....and they will not roll back if flipped.

The next time you're watching a surfing competition...check out what they're using for rescue out there in those waves. Also do a search for tow surfing....these "unsafe" jetskis are used for the "tow" out there....in some of the biggest waves around.....

And please don't bring politics or logic into the discussion....we'll have Jerry adding his 2 cents! :rofl:

Last edited:

Hooch

Yes I have ridden many 3 seater jetskis, numerous times, on rivers, lakes and once on Pleasant. And on pleasant the ski was nothing more than a bitch to ride because of the choppy water. Hopefully Jerry's logic makes more sense than riding a jetski 15 miles out into the ocean lol but not a boat. If you can't afford it charter a boat when you're there, it's better than being dead

playaperro

El Pirata
Joe, you seem to know more about Doo's than most and you must have plenty of experience, unlike Bill that has none, I would not venture out alone that's why most people pair them up, right. i'm not against Bill trying to fish from his, I've owned mine since they were new, many moon's ago and never been abused. Then you have someone that does not say they know the history of the ski. I'm just trying to prevent a tragedy.

Last edited:
Hooch and Playa...I would never recommend for Bill to go out 15-20 miles ALONE.....particularly since he has no experience riding a jetski. He should always leave a float plan with someone (His wife?) anyway. I did recommend that once he gets the jetski rigged like he wants, that he get one for her too! I know she likes to fish also. When my daughter and I rode out to Bird Island, I had friends staying at Playa Bonita who knew where we were going, and when to expect us back. They also had one of my vhf radios set to the channel I would use if necessary (5watt...not sure if it would have reached). I used to come down occasionally and ride solo, sometimes practicing for a race, when my daughter was not coming down with me. I don't do that anymore......as I get older (maybe wiser???). I've had a local friend ride the other ski if I didn't have someone coming down, and would do so again. Plus as the skis get older, more risk of breaking down. Just like scuba and never diving solo....for anything more than coastal riding....buddy up!

Playa, if you have xp's, those are great skis, but not ones I would venture out as far as I would with the 3 seaters (NOT a knock on the ski!!). They are not as stable...and definitely take considerably more experience to handle.

The point I was trying to make...maybe unsuccessfully.....maybe because I was being somewhat defensive on them being pooh-poohed.... is that the newer 3 seater jetskis are very capable machines....if they are well maintained, you have some (enough) experience with them, and you are prepared for the trip....to the point that riding out in open water does not need to be avoided or feared. There are groups that ride from Florida to the Bahamas regularly. Again...they go prepared! I've been in water out there (Penasco)that would have swamped an open bow "lake type" boat. All bets are off if the ski is a rental unit. I had one bad experience the first time I rented one at Lake Pleasant, and was lucky enough to have a boater tow me in.

I haven't ridden Pleasant for a few years now....if you don't go out on a weekday, there are just too many crazies out there on a weekend. The chop gets horrendous from the big powerboats running up and down the lake (just like Havasu).....forget it by around 10am on a weekend! Riding the ocean is completely different....you can "read" the wave action, even if it's rough, whereas on the lake, it's just madness with the chop.

playaperro

El Pirata
Ya Joe, be funny if we both launched the ski's at the same time me knowing who you are? How long we been going at it?

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life

GET YOUR POPCORN!!! Really?! The same logic that got Obama elected? I guess it doesnt matter if you're a Republican, you're the cancer and the cure right? Run the country into the ground and now your party has the cure right? lol Ive heard it all, btw 60 vote fillabuster in the senate and a republican house that doesnt want to cooperate in the least bit is why you're unhappy, o that and you hate those SLUTS taking birth control and the PRIVATE sector health insurance mandate that forces you to BUY healthcare, not FREE healthcare.... OBAMA is moderate, lets face it he hasnt done one thing that would be considered extreme liberal but yet you still hate him, extended bush tax cuts, included PRIVATE sector in the healthcare bill, hasnt really done much for gay rights or the latinos up until last week so how can we even consider him a liberal, HES A MODERATE and you hate him because he is BLACK.

Hooch

Lol meaning, only someone who isn't thinking correctly would consider driving a ski out 15 miles in the ocean, and in the same sense, only a complete moron would have voted for Obama. BTW I hope you're sharing all the fish you're catching out there with all the other people who didn't catch anything :) lol. And no I'm not a registered Republican.

Lol meaning, only someone who isn't thinking correctly would consider driving a ski out 15 miles in the ocean, and in the same sense, only a complete moron would have voted for Obama. BTW I hope you're sharing all the fish you're catching out there with all the other people who didn't catch anything :) lol. And no I'm not a registered Republican.
I did warn you...didn't I? But it wasn't Jerry...it was Mexico Joe!! :rofl:

Still have to disagree with your statement relative to logic and jetski 15 miles out....been there, done that...still alive and well (my hip is not a result of jetski riding!...probably more a result of being a soccer referee in AZ for too many years))....now, if you said riding jetski on Lake Pleasant on a Sat./Sunday afternoon outside Humbug Cove...I would say you're suicidal!

Hooch

I'm just sayin dude, I rode a jetski at pleasant and that scared the **** out of me with those tiny waves. Hell I'd go out there with you if you towed me in my kayak :)

Kenny

I did warn you...didn't I? But it wasn't Jerry...it was Mexico Joe!! :rofl:
I'm right here Joe, but the Hooch is such a lightweight I didn't want to waste my time with him.
You could do us all a favor though, take him up on the tow because :happens:.

I'm just sayin dude, I rode a jetski at pleasant and that scared the **** out of me with those tiny waves. Hell I'd go out there with you if you towed me in my kayak :)
How about whipping you around the harbor on one of those triple tubes...or a mini banana boat???

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life

I share your same logic, we both perceive that it is dangerous to go fishing on a jetski 15 + miles out. However I came to a different conclusion regarding our president so how do you explain that?! Gotta love the people that criticize the president and then claim no political affiliation. lol cracks me up, President Obama is the worst president in history, so you're a republican? No I dont even follow politics or vote, lololol what a joke! "ONLY A COMPLETE MORON WOULD HAVE VOTED FOR OBAMA." So you're the a$$hole who did or would have voted for SARAH PALIN?! You're honestly trying to tell me that IM A MORON because of who I voted for, when ONE OF THE RUNNING MATES WHOM A SH!T TON OF PEOPLE NOT ONLY VOTED FOR BUT ADORED WAS A GENUINE F@#%ING IDIOT???????!!!!!!!! IM THE MORON THOUGH RIGHT?! The moron isnt every single person that voted for McCain/Palin and not because of McCain so dont get that twisted???!!! The MORON isnt the republican party for not only running the country into the ground but then legitimately thinking they can win an election with A DUMB A$$ BROAD from ALASKA that had to be shown on a map where the country of GERMANY was, jesus christ are you kidding me?! IM THE MORON THOUGH RIGHT?!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
O YEA BTW for all you know it alls that always talk about Obama gave the banks 700 million bla bla bla, watch the movie TOO BIG TO FAIL and then get back to me!

Hooch

I share your same logic, we both perceive that it is dangerous to go fishing on a jetski 15 + miles out. However I came to a different conclusion regarding our president so how do you explain that?! Gotta love the people that criticize the president and then claim no political affiliation. lol cracks me up, President Obama is the worst president in history, so you're a republican? No I dont even follow politics or vote, lololol what a joke! "ONLY A COMPLETE MORON WOULD HAVE VOTED FOR OBAMA." So you're the a$$hole who did or would have voted for SARAH PALIN?! You're honestly trying to tell me that IM A MORON because of who I voted for, when ONE OF THE RUNNING MATES WHOM A SH!T TON OF PEOPLE NOT ONLY VOTED FOR BUT ADORED WAS A GENUINE F@#%ING IDIOT???????!!!!!!!! IM THE MORON THOUGH RIGHT?! The moron isnt every single person that voted for McCain/Palin and not because of McCain so dont get that twisted???!!! The MORON isnt the republican party for not only running the country into the ground but then legitimately thinking they can win an election with A DUMB A$$ BROAD from ALASKA that had to be shown on a map where the country of GERMANY was, jesus christ are you kidding me?! IM THE MORON THOUGH RIGHT?!
Actually, according to this recent poll, 43% of the country consists of morons, so don't feel left out.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

I have some questions for all you fishing types....since this thread has revolved around the safety of going off shore with a jetski.....

Do you go out with your boats if the forecast is bad (high winds and seas)? Do you actually check the forecasts?
If the weather is changing, do you stay out there and continue fishing, or do you head back in?
How many have a single engine on their boat (with no backup/kicker)? If so, do you feel unsafe going out that way?

azfish

I have some questions for all you fishing types....since this thread has revolved around the safety of going off shore with a jetski.....

Do you go out with your boats if the forecast is bad (high winds and seas)? Do you actually check the forecasts?
If the weather is changing, do you stay out there and continue fishing, or do you head back in?
How many have a single engine on their boat (with no backup/kicker)? If so, do you feel unsafe going out that way?
I dont have to worry about all that, I go out in my submarine. DIVE DIVE!!!!