New boat today kinda

I would rather be on a 5 grand boat 15 miles out than on a jetski any day of the week. 15 miles out on a ski is the new sequel to the Castaway movie
I'm curious as to what kind of boat (with motor) you can get for 5 grand? If you've never been on the newer 3 seater jetskis....all I can say is that you don't have a clue! Don't criticize someone's choice unless you have some experience! I've been out on mine when the port was closed (red flag....at the time I didn't know what the red flag meant).....

But...to each is own!

Hooch

I'm curious as to what kind of boat (with motor) you can get for 5 grand? If you've never been on the newer 3 seater jetskis....all I can say is that you don't have a clue! Don't criticize someone's choice unless you have some experience! I've been out on mine when the port was closed (red flag....at the time I didn't know what the red flag meant).....

But...to each is own!
Here's a couple local

25 ft Cabin Cruiser
22 ft. Cabin Cruiser-Lake Ready

1993 Four Winns 170 Freedom

19' Bayliner Capri

1996 Bayliner for sale

'91 Bayliner 2052 Cuddy Cabin -- 21 ft
19ft Bayliner Open bow 5.7 Cobra Fast!

SEA RAY SUNDANCER 270

1980 22ft sea ray / sale or trade

1986 sea ray 23 foot cabin cruiser

Congratulations...you found some boats under $5 grand....some of which are lake boats, and I wouldn't even consider taking out into open water....but that's just me! And how much gas are you going to burn going out 50 miles?

Like I said before...to each his own....what works for Bill (or me), may not work for you.

Does anyone know what the refueling facilities are in the San Felipe harbor? I've wanted to run over there on my jetskis, but worried about being able to refuel! That's a trip I've got on my "list" once I get my hip replaced.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Congratulations...you found some boats under $5 grand....some of which are lake boats, and I wouldn't even consider taking out into open water....but that's just me! And how much gas are you going to burn going out 50 miles?

Like I said before...to each his own....what works for Bill (or me), may not work for you.

Does anyone know what the refueling facilities are in the San Felipe harbor? I've wanted to run over there on my jetskis, but worried about being able to refuel! That's a trip I've got on my "list" once I get my hip replaced.
Oh my goodness. I thought I was the oldest goat on this board. Good Luck with the hip.

That might be kinda rough on it unless it's a really calm day...OUCHIE.

Kenny

Plenty of gas in san felipe, very lonely place! Watch out for the crazies!
The malecon looks kind of nice to me...
[video=youtube;Xd7YBvBLoxU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd7YBvBLoxU[/video]

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life

Isnt it 70 miles one way and thats on a straight shot?! Open ocean, 70 miles on a jetski????????!!!!!!!!!! Im going to have to throw the BULL$H!T FLAG on this one, 10 yards from the start of the fowl, replay first down. Joe you're absolutely nuts!!! and then the BIG LAWLIGATOR is after a hip replacement, lolololololol kidding me?! Your ego is writing checks your body cant cash!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
But...is there a gas dock? I sure wouldn't want to have to haul 15-20 gallons of fuel from town using a 5 gallon jug!!
I would say definitively that yes there is a fuel dock in San Felipe! The YODERFLOAT guy with the sailboat was going to go there but before hand nixed it out and went straight to Penasco instead. Im assuming that if he was planning on docking at their marina then odds are yes they have a refuel dock.

Isnt it 70 miles one way and thats on a straight shot?! Open ocean, 70 miles on a jetski????????!!!!!!!!!! Im going to have to throw the BULL$H!T FLAG on this one, 10 yards from the start of the fowl, replay first down. Joe you're absolutely nuts!!! and then the BIG LAWLIGATOR is after a hip replacement, lolololololol kidding me?! Your ego is writing checks your body cant cash!
Mex Joe....I had intended on making the trip to San Felipe a few years ago...just concerned about the availability of fuel right in the harbor. My jetski (3 seater SeaDoo GTX-SC) carries 15.9 gal. of gas....and I can easily do 80-90 miles with a reserve if I don't push it...somewhere around 30-35mph. I can easily strap on another 5 gal. of fuel. I've ridden out to Catalina Island from Long Beach....and that is open ocean.....about 30 mi.....took about an hour......the most dangerous part was avoiding the high speed ferry that was heading out!!! I've run in a couple 300 mile team endurance races at Havasu (held yearly in Feb).....and if you've been out there after the crazies come out with their big boats, and the ferry starts crossing to the res for gambling....the water there gets pretty brutal......

So...I'm getting a hip replacement in a couple months...if the doc gives me the ok...I will be back riding.....maybe I'll make the ride over...maybe I won't.

havasu 2.jpghavasu1.jpg

Before you yell more BS....these 2 pics are from the last 300 mile race I ran...the first pic(in the full wetsuit) was my teammate, Eric....I'm in the shorty wetsuit. A couple of years of temporary insanity racing at age 55!!!! That was a Seadoo RXP....2 seater, somewhere around 900 lb., 1500 cc 4 stroke, supercharged/intercooled...3 cylinder Rotax putting out 215 hp.....running between 65-70 mph (gps'd)...... I don't have that one anymore.

Last edited:
IMG_2149a.jpgIMG_2147a.jpgIMG_2148a.jpg

Bill...the first pic is the foot well on my ski...that black strip on the side is hard rubber that has adhesive backing, and then was siliconed all around to keep the water off the adhesive. It's used by racers as a foot hold...you just slip your feet (both sides) under to keep from going off the ski in rough water. It's about 2 ft. long, an inch thick and about 2 inches wide. Definitely helps! The last 2 are the frame and cooler I have...unfortunately, I couldn't locate the manufacturer....looks like he closed up shop!