New Forum Issues

have had to relog into the site numerous times and on each computer since the new format. presume that is why it shows so many guests and so few memberss logged on.

Yeah...I've had the same problem...even had to reset my password, and clear all cookies from the computer. If I don't log off the forum, it dumps me, and then have to go thru the same process. This is weird!!!!

Tyler...you need to check this out, and put up some kind of instructions,,,,

Tyler/Stuart....the Forum is wacky after the update!

Tyler....when you did the update, I was logged on...and when the forum was back after the update, I was not able to log in. Tried to create a couple new profiles/names, and it let me, but when I tried to log in, it kept going to the login screen. Even did a password reset.....that didn't accomplish anything. It kept welcoming me, but I couldn't do anything on the forum, as if I wasn't logged in.

When I got home from Penasco this evening, I went in from another computer...reset my password, and everything was working fine on that computer. Cleared the cookies on the other computer, and was also able to log in.

I was bumped off the forum when I didn't have any activity...and the problems started all over again. Kept telling me that the password was wrong, and after 5 attempts, told me to wait 15 minutes. I did....and still couldn't log in after resetting th password. Cleared the cookies AGAIN, reset the password, and I am here AGAIN.

So...what's going on????

I'm running Windows XP Pro, and Internet Explorer 7.......

I'm wondering how may people are having the same problems?????

Last edited:
I haven't had any problem logging in, etc. But as for getting bumped off the forum when you don't have any activity, make sure you check the box under the login that says "Remember Me". I used to have that problem with the old forum-- it would bump me while I was in the middle of writing a comment and that annoyed the heck out of me until I discovered the "Remember Me" thing. That did the trick, maybe it will work the same with this incarnation?
BTW, Tyler/Stuart, I like the new look. :cheers: (Hey, we need a "thumbs up" smiley for the posts themselves, not just the post titles)

Last edited:

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
There was a small issue yesterday with people logging in, but I fixed it...

OK...now the Forum "does" remember me....but when I come back, it takes me to the Password/Email edit screen.....I guess I gotta play with it some more....

Hey Tyler....sorry if I seem to be "*****in" about the problems, but it was very frustrating when I couldn't log in while down in Penasco, and couldn't even leave anybody messages on the problems I was having.....

Last edited:

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Give it a try, post here, go to forum pick another thread and you will be logged off.

And now you threaten to Ban me, yeez.

You know you posted to me how to link a video yesterday, find it.

You need to acknowledge and not threaten with banning posters, what is up with you, new year getting to you already?
Works for me...

The youtube stuff disappeared as we restored the DB from yesterday morning.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Tyler,
I can't log in from home but I can from work. Now how weird is that? I guess I won't die from withdrawal as long as I can get in at work. It also does not "remember me" at work.
Chari

I'm not having some of the issues that other's have reported...about being logged off when they switch Forums....