New options to get to Penasco

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I for one like this idea. I think initially it will cut into Head Outs business, but if they stick to their door to door business model there is certainly room for bus transit from Phoenix to Peñasco. Some folks have family here or can otherwise be picked up at the bus station but others will want to be picked up at the airport or house and delivered to their resort- hotel here which is what Head Out does splendidly. To me it is worth the extra money to get from where I am to where I am going without another form of transport IE Taxi.

ben21

Well Known Member
I saw this last week and think it would be a great addition if they can make it work financially. I tried to book something as a test but it looks like the deal hasn't been finalized yet.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I for one like this idea. I think initially it will cut into Head Outs business, but if they stick to their door to door business model there is certainly room for bus transit from Phoenix to Peñasco. Some folks have family here or can otherwise be picked up at the bus station but others will want to be picked up at the airport or house and delivered to their resort- hotel here which is what Head Out does splendidly. To me it is worth the extra money to get from where I am to where I am going without another form of transport IE Taxi.

I personally know Mike and Lynelle with Head Out and although I have never used their service I would agree with Russ. I see them coming or going almost every trip down so I know they're doing a fair amount of business. I personally like the idea of not having to wait at the border during high volume crossings...

For the out of towner (outside of Phoenix/Tucson): Flight into Sky Harbor/Head Out to RP still might be the best and only way to go right now aside from rental car.

http://www.headouttorockypoint.com/

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I personally know Mike and Lynelle with Head Out and although I have never used their service I would agree with Russ. I see them coming or going almost every trip down so I know they're doing a fair amount of business. I personally like the idea of not having to wait at the border during high volume crossings...

For the out of towner (outside of Phoenix/Tucson): Flight into Sky Harbor/Head Out to RP still might be the best and only way to go right now aside from rental car.

http://www.headouttorockypoint.com/

Mike and Lynelle are also friends of Naomi and I and we will always promote (boost) their business anyway we can. The have a fantastic service, a need, they filled when no one else would. The are up to 4 owned vans I believe and they often rent 2 more for busy weekends. We send each other a fair amount of referrals (thats what we do in the boosterism business) it works for both of us. Great people those......great!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Mike and Lynelle are also friends of Naomi and I and we will always promote (boost) their business anyway we can. The have a fantastic service, a need, they filled when no one else would. The are up to 4 owned vans I believe and they often rent 2 more for busy weekends. We send each other a fair amount of referrals (thats what we do in the boosterism business) it works for both of us. Great people those......great!

Pretty sure that's called networking and a critical part of business. Boosterism is putting your head in the sand in spite of fact or probable outcome.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I disagree with you.

A booster is someone who promotes a positive idea on something or someone or a place.

Definition of booster
  1. : one that boosts: asa : an enthusiastic supporter
The anti Booster finds anything negative and promotes that even to the point of socially berating boosters

I will always be a booster in my translation of the word and if you have a problem with that then I hope your negativity comes around sooner than later to bite you. Oh man thats sounds so anti booster........I'll take the heat for that one!

Booster 1 out!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Pretty sure that's called networking and a critical part of business. Boosterism is putting your head in the sand in spite of fact or probable outcome.
By the way your definition is made up BS.....thanks for playing anyway

Last edited:

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
" Boosterism is putting your head in the sand in spite of fact or probable outcome." Curmudgeon: a bad-tempered or surly person. Come on Mex Joe- take it easy- you're too young to be this!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I disagree with you.

A booster is someone who promotes a positive idea on something or someone or a place.

Definition of booster
The anti Booster finds anything negative and promotes that even to the point of socially berating boosters

I will always be a booster in my translation of the word and if you have a problem with that then I hope your negativity comes around sooner than later to bite you. Oh man thats sounds so anti booster........I'll take the heat for that one!

Booster 1 out!

I was being sarcastic. Yes, clearly that isn't the definition of booster. Thank you.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
" Boosterism is putting your head in the sand in spite of fact or probable outcome." Curmudgeon: a bad-tempered or surly person. Come on Mex Joe- take it easy- you're too young to be this!

The difference between Russ and I is that I see criticism as a means to do better whereas he sees criticism as a threat, negativity and or pessimism. I have never seen Russ respond favorably to ANY criticism posted about Rocky Point. Clearly we all love Rocky Point that is why we either live there, frequent often and partake in conversation on this forum. This goes without saying.

We are critical of certain things precisely because of our love for Rocky Point and or Mexico in general. I feel as though there are many credible and OBJECTIVE individuals on this forum and then there are others that are going to spit the same narrative for every critical comment posted. Yes, we get it. You love Rocky Point. Your "bullish" on Rocky Point. WE ALL ARE.

About the bad tempered part. Not sure what about my sentence leads you to believe I am bad tempered. I was pretty calm when I wrote it.

jerry

Well Known Member
"The mayor explained to Keith Rosenblum from TAP" only bad thing about this story...Keith represents the good,the bad and the ugly (Liberty Cove...that scam chalked up one american suicide leaving a widow with 3 kids in Mesa)

jerry

Well Known Member
is Uber active in Rockypoint>....love that thing when you get a good one...read the reviews and save yourself before riding !

jerry

Well Known Member
W
I disagree with you.

Definition of booster

Booster 1 out!
We need a super hero called ANTI-BOOSTER MAN
His Powers:
Smells transmitters of bullshit ...teleports them to Mesa the bullshitters home planet
Sixth sense for figuring out the economic gain the booster receives for defending the status quo
Immune to threats both physical and psychological