new rooftop bar at PDO?

joester

2 salty dawgs
got an email from PDO yesterday - mentioning some discounts for March -
also mentioned they have opened a bar above their office.
can someone please check this out for me?
post some pictures if possible -
thanks!

HAPPY

User is currently banned
~~~ I got the same mail, ~~~ Bar is on top of office bldg. ~~~ nice palapa, all tiled, grand opening today, ~~~ free drinks, ~~~ pack member just patched this over to me, & verified this, :coldone:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
They finished building it last week, have not been up there yet, it is a small palapa, well it looks very small from the ground, so my guess is that it is above the bar/counter itself and tables on the roof with umbrellas, I'll check it out on March 2nd, I am taking down 8 guys to play golf at Mayan, I am worried, they ask if they can drink!! :eek3:

Last edited:
I wonder how long that will last. Pitaya next door is hardley making it now and this could possibly close him and then they will close. I would rather be on the beach drinking than in the middle of an RV park. Looking over the top of RVs does not turn me on. Pitaya for me. Robert expects to open on the first or a little sooner.

What are they serving? Canned beer from an ice chest? I'm just trying to picture exactly where in the office/restroom area they could possibly serve drinks from (e.i., an actual bar set up)......................

HAPPY

User is currently banned
~~~ Spinner, you hit the nail rite on the head, ~~~ so to speak, ~~~

~~~ Pipe Dream, = Pipeline Idea. ~~~

~~~ What they are going to attract are the riff raff, high on weed, ~~~ as if the park doesn't have enough of that now as it is, ~~~ off the street, ~~~ trying to scam a swig, & a toke, ~~~ when that option peters out, ~~~ then enters the rip off option, ~~~ as if the park doesn't have enough of that too, ~~~

~~~ & Of the ones that do manage to scam a pass out drunk, ~~~ you will find in your patio in the morning, ~~~ hitting you up for a egg burrito, & a hot cup of coffee, ~~~ & woe be you if you don't cop out, ~~~ they be back @ 3 in the morning !!!

joester

2 salty dawgs
ok - so there IS a bar there.
I wish they'd just buy the Pit and make something of that location, the patio has a great view.

I agree Joe-the view is awesome. How is the Pit surviving anyway? Everytime we're down, they're open but they don't have much business to speak of.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
as far as I know Pitaya is closed until March 1st, or further notice, it will be a shame if it does not open, I know of many people waiting for it to open, the views and the location of Pitaya make it a very comfortable place to go, specially for us trailer trashers, sorry I forgot some of our members drive very expensive trailer trash carriers :eek3:

There is no reason for the Pit not to do well other than Roberto himself. He has the best view in town. He needs to get a manager that knows the business and some bartenders with personality. I am sorry, Pat has to go. Free pour the drinks and have some music that fit the people that are drinking. Reberto's attitude overides the view, if that is possible.

He spent a bundle of money remodeling the bar upstairs....a shame that it does not get more use. Decent bartenders, a couple of waitresses hustling drinks out on the patio, some music.... They used to have a decent/personable bartender downstairs when they were serving out of the "ship". Unless I'm with a bunch of people, the place has no attraction for me.

I remember hearing that when they got rid of the bar downstairs, they were pulling in more money from the rooms then they could from the bar business.....well that was then....when more people were coming down. The last couple of times I was down, there was almost nobody staying in the rooms!

Last edited:
Hey Inks, we'll be bringing our new "used" trailer trash carrier down soon, it's not expensive, and if it was we would still call ourselves trailer trash! We got rid of the motorhome and bought the trailer to store at PDO so we can come down more often, so having the Pit open will be great. I understand that you reside in the North Forty, so I guess we will be somewhat trailer trash neighbors!!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
......I am sorry, Pat has to go. Free pour the drinks.........
X-Coastie, who is Pat? and what do you mean with "free pour the drinks"? do you mean not using the shot glass to measure the alcohol?

Beachgirl, yes I am at North Forty, stop by when you see the van, easily seen from the street

Last edited:
Yes, free pour is a method not using a shot glass. One usually uses a count while pouring. More professional and looks better. Pat is the androgynous bartend devoid of any personality. Not just my opinion but every person that I know.

Ya just have to know Robert a little better. Tough to do but worth it. I realy like the guy. Yes more personality more conversation would go a long way. May be even a free drink once in a while for us regulars. Create a little PARTY TIME !

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Yes, free pour is a method not using a shot glass. One usually uses a count while pouring. More professional and looks better. Pat is the androgynous bartend devoid of any personality. Not just my opinion but every person that I know.
OH you mean "Epi", her name is Epifania, I have never heard people call her Pat, she is a good person, she never was or will be bartender material, simple 'cause she does not like it and she feels force to do it.
The truth is that Roberto has very loyal employees for years and those are the ones that he decided to keep thru this tough times and all of them are doing work they never did before, however they do have a job, I wish I had a boss like Roberto that does worry for his employees
although you may not notice it!!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Ya just have to know Robert a little better. Tough to do but worth it. I realy like the guy. Yes more personality more conversation would go a long way. May be even a free drink once in a while for us regulars. Create a little PARTY TIME !
I am not defending Roberto, however like many of us he is feeling the crunch and he is as nervous as the next person and it does show specially towards the end of the day and a couple of drinks.
I've known Roberto for a few years, but in the last couple of years we have had more contact than before and in that period of time I have notice him being less happy about the economy and the impact in his business is not helping of course and I know others are in the same boat and tackling it different but then again we all take different path to do things.
One thing is for sure, he does have a great sense of humor and if you put him in a place that he can forget it, economy, business, life, etc. for a while he laughs as hard and long as most of us would like to!! :eek3:

Last edited:
What are they serving? Canned beer from an ice chest? I'm just trying to picture exactly where in the office/restroom area they could possibly serve drinks from (e.i., an actual bar set up)......................
Nope, a real bar on the roof of the PDO office building. I have great affection for Linda and her family and wish them the best in this, and in every endeavor. Ah...and then of course they also have Leslie...another gem.View attachment 892 100_3314.jpg View attachment 891

Last edited: