New Stuff in Penasco

Kenny

=Stuart;65939]You ain't kiddin'. And you know I'm a HUGE Reggies fan from way back.
22 rooms with fee drinks of any kind at the afternoon's happy hour or so (everyone was there), with all the chips etc you wanted. Fresh squeezed Orange juice with a great little breakfast and all that for $29.99 with the presidential suite! We're going to put the pool in right there.:D

El Gato,
I haven't been to Super Ley for a couple of years, last time, it was a little dirty and the produce was sad. Before Bodega opened.
I am glad they are smiling at Super Ley,
I also have also been treated well, pretty much anywhere I have been in RP for 20+ years.

I just bring down 20LBs of cat litter every trip for my 3 fur balls that travel down with us on longer trips. I am down 40 days a year.
Since I discovered Las Palmas and Santa Fe from the great people on this forum, I just don't need to go there (super ley).

I want to thank Russ for bringing to my attention the restaurant supply store on Josepha Dominguez. I drove up and down, and then my husband and I drove up and down Dominguez searching for it a couple of months ago, but it was in vain. We could not find the darn place.....very disappointing. Well, yesterday, Barb and I were out and about and found it (of course, right off the bat!!). What a totally wonderful surprise!!!!! The woman who owns it was so welcoming and nice. She specializes in stocking American products that no one else does. She has several huge chest freezers, a big reach in cooler and shelves just full of different things. Marscapone cheese, ricotta cheese, pesto sauce, heavy whipping cream, chicken breasts, pepperoni, panko (something I use a lot of!), frozen blueberries, raspberries, strawberries. She sells in bulk and by the kilo/can/box/etc. I do the majority of my shopping at Ley's and the Sinoloa Fruiteria, but for those "just can't find" products, that's the place to go!!!! We also checked out the new "Kitchen Store" on Juarez that just opened. What a nice place!! They have everything you could need to open you're own restaurant or bar, but also smaller things like tongs, knives, dishes, baking things.....a lot of neat things you find in restaurants or bars that you can buy for your own home!!!

Just got back from FLA and I gotta tell you - Epcot is a weird place for adults with no kids......185.00 to get in and almost a million dollars for hot dogs and beers.....I think we need that here
  • Family of 3, staying on Disney Property, with park passes = $1,000 per day. Never Again !

Roberto

Had a report from a friend who ate at Beach Bum last night. He raved about the food, atmosphere and prices. He said they did not get charged for chips. Said he'd go back tonight, so maybe they are working their way out of the start up problems. Time will tell.

Roberto

Visitors familiar with Fremont Blvd should be alert the the road is now a 4 lane divided road from Sinaloa to Josefa. Striped and everything. Be sure you don't take the old way and have a head on with a Taxi!!

GV Jack

Snorin God
Visitors familiar with Fremont Blvd should be alert the the road is now a 4 lane divided road from Sinaloa to Josefa. Striped and everything. Be sure you don't take the old way and have a head on with a Taxi!!
Oh just great. Another law for me to break. Oh well, the magistrate and I are becoming really good friends.

Roberto

Mexico Revolution Day, November 19. Come down for the parade. This is a serious deal for the bands that march in the parade. They have been practicing now for a week already and the parade is 4 weeks away !! Here are some photos from parades past just to peak your interest.

Roberto

Well, sad to say the Go Kart like track out on Benito JUarez has been dismantled and hauled away. Might have moved locations but I suspect it was a temporary deal. I did order a SCCA shirt to wear there, no NASCAR for me Stu, but never got to race.

ALSO, Fremont is NOT 2 lane divided all the way to Josefa. Most of the way but not all yet. So GV, gotta be extra alert on this one especially coming in from Unconscious. You will be on 2 lanes through Unconscious, then 4 divided for a bit to the stop sign at Josefa, then on Fremont 2 undivided, then 4 lane divided. I know it's tough to keep track but lighten up on the Margs and it will be OK.

Roberto

Well, happy to report that the Go Kart track just moved a couple of lots closer to the Bodega. The tires defining the tracks are laid out. Looks to me like there is a track for the little folk and a track for us NASCAR guys and gals. Anyway it is still there and open for business. Maybe we should have a Rocky Point Talk Forum challenge !!

mondone

Whitecaps
Well, happy to report that the Go Kart track just moved a couple of lots closer to the Bodega. The tires defining the tracks are laid out. Looks to me like there is a track for the little folk and a track for us NASCAR guys and gals. Anyway it is still there and open for business. Maybe we should have a Rocky Point Talk Forum challenge !!
No way I'm getting on that track along side GV!

Roberto

Relatively new and interesting. There is a gent on the Malecon who has constructed a children's ride. He has a sit on garden tractor for the engine, and has made the passenger cars from 50Gal. drums by cutting one side open for the passenger compartment, covered the cut edges of the drum, installed a seat and two axels with 4 wheels and painted them up real neat. He connectes them all together and hauls the train around on the Malecon. Pretty cool idea for an enterprising person and he always seems to have good business. Shows what an enterprising person can accomplish. Little kids seem to really enjoy it.