New to RP

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Ink
Most of the time you can get behind a border patrol truck and roll across the res at 65 to 70 I got behind one of then comming back from RP that was traveling so fast I did not even want to keep up with him. He had to have going at least 90.
Funny you say that Bill, on our way to Casa Grande we were behind one that was so slow I decided to pass it then as soon as I passed it she decided that I could not be in front and passed me again and slowed down way below the speed limit, then we arrived to the check point and I could see her explaining to their bodies about my passing her as they were looking back and forth to her an me, then as we left the check point I passed it again and proceed to go a little faster and away from it to avoid her trying to do it again and was able to get away from her, even my customers were bit@#$g at her. :eek3:

Just don't do it thru Organ Pipe.....I had one of the Park Rangers pull me over for doing 4 miles over the limit......fortunately just gave me a warning.....

A

AlanZ

Well we made it back.

The drive from Tucson was pleasant, the desert is in full bloom. My wife never even opened her laptop she enjoyed the ride so much. Topped off the tank in Why and headed to the border and were waved right through. The speed limits right across the border are ridiculously slow and they seemed to be out in full swing to enforce it in spots. Saw several locals getting pulled over but no US tags. Still made my way though town at a snails pace. Ran 60 to 65 the rest of the way to RP without any problems. Directions to the hotel where spot on and we drove right to it.

We stayed at La Roca and loved it. Room was small but for the price, the ambiance and the location it could not be beat. Not a 4 star by any means but clean and comfortable and lovely people running the place. The street parking was a bit of a concern at first but they have reserved spaces right out front and after getting to know the hood a bit felt very comfortable there.

Wandered down the hill the one short block to the seaside and went straight to Marys for a bite and a beer. OMG best shrimp tacos I have ever had. Sitting upstairs with a full belly, an ice cold cervesa and a wonderful view I felt like I was on vacation finally.

Felt the need to be accosted after a while and did some shopping. Of course the time share guys where all over us but they where not as aggressive nor as rude as the ones in other Mexican resorts areas we have been too. Bought $20 worth of junk for $50 so felt pretty good about ourselves. Was hoping to find some nice cigars and had no luck at all. Walked up and down the Malacon then took a nap. Went out later that night and went drinking and had a great time at the BooBar.

Tuesday we chartered a boat and went fishing $75 US for the two of us. It was very windy and the sea was rough so we could not get out to the deep areas but we still reeled in several fish and had a lot of fun. Thank goodness for Dramamine. Went back and got cleaned up then went back down the hill for dinner and drinks. Dinner again at Marys but Tuesday night most of the bars are closed so it turned out to be an early night.

Next day we checked out and bought several pounds of shrimp and scallops and headed back towards the states. Stopped at a little place called Rosies for breakfast which was pretty average but very generous portions. Had to wait maybe 20 minutes to get across the border. I handed him our passports and he looked around then slammed his hand down on the car door and said "why are you so nervous!"
To which I replied that I wasn't until he did that. He laughed, I felt better and he waived us through. Nice leisurely drive back to Tucson and Rosie finally got her laptop out around Three Corners.

Overall really enjoyed RP. Quaint, nice people, felt safe, great food. Wish the public beach was a little easier to get too. We are already planning our next little escape and this time we are going to take our son and his fiancee so they can have a quick place to get away too.

Thanks to everyone on this board for the warm welcome and all the ideas and advice, it certainly made our trip easier and better.

Alan

It's kinda hard not to enjoy yourself in Rocky Point... we're happy to hear you had a fun time and are planning a return trip with your family... like my friend Homero at the Blue Marlin Restaurant likes to say "Welcome Home"

Ditto what Seadweller said................it is hard!!!!!!! So glad you enjoyed yourselves-when you tell friends and family about what a great place RP is, it's going to be a very much needed boost:-D:-D