New Warnings

Valerie

New warnings on TV tonight in Tucson about travel in Mexico including Rocky Point? What in the world prompted these warnings???? We haven't heard a thing...traveled to RP in October and planning a trip for April...no trouble in October and not anticipating any in April? What's up???

Terry C

Remember spring break is right around the corner. They have done this before. They want to keep $ in Az. I say…pffffft go down and enjoy.

Jim

We've seen this so many times that it doesn't come as a surprise. It almost always happens just before a holiday, spring break, the biker rally, etc. I always keep my ear to the ground and, as far as I know, there is nothing new to report or to cause the news to bring it up. There seems to be an agenda at work here, and most of us know it.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I just got interviewed by KVOA channel 4 in Tucson, it will air at 10 pm news, at least in this warning they stick to say that "exercise caution when traveling to Puerto Penasco and to use Lukeville crossing at all possible" mucgh better than the last and the 3 pages are your typical description of violent crimes thatn are happening in any city in the world as we speak not necesarily happening only in Mexico, i wish they also add some statistics about the violent crimes in USA cities along as a comparacense to the warnings in case!!! just my 5 dollars!!!

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_5665.html

I'm headed down next Friday for Presidents Day weekend. :woo:

You don't ever hear the media talkin' smack about that date.

Stay aware and informed, but don't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch.
DAMN MEDIA :blah::blah:

jerry

Man, San Carlos businesses must have really hated that. i've gone the Nogales route south a few time this year with no problem.It seemed to me there were less military and Po Po around (the ones that were didn't give a damn about us)

InkaRoads

cronopiador
How dissapointing of almost 4 minutes of interview they choose about 4 seconds and possibly the only negative thing I said thruout the interview, also they were the only TV station to mention the warning, hopefully it will just die after this am news cast!!
Considering they are having the meeting of the states between sonora and arizona governors this coming week it seems stupid for KVOA to try to augment the almost gone false histeria about cartels violence in Penasco, I wonder if this is going to be brought up to Brewers attention? or will she point her finger at the Sonora governor too?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Just to clarify, these warnings are written to the lowest common denominator of traveler (stupid people) When we visited Spain in September there was a travel warning from the State department for the city of Sevilla, ridiculous - I would never base my travel plans on xenophobic writings, I think I will do just what I want to do.

pedro

Yeah. What's going on with this. Just another scare tactic to keep money away from R.P. coming back down in march. This will not deter the 25 of us coming down.

El Gato

At a recent town hall meeting with Chad Cummins, U.S. Counsel, he said that it would be coming out and that Penasco would be mentioned. This would be done not because they were actually concerned about travel to Penasco but it was more a cover the State Department's butts as someone mentioned at the meeting.

New warnings on TV tonight in Tucson about travel in Mexico including Rocky Point? What in the world prompted these warnings???? We haven't heard a thing...traveled to RP in October and planning a trip for April...no trouble in October and not anticipating any in April? What's up???

Roberto

Y'all are probably sick of me repeating this but keep in mind that it's NOT news. It's highly filtered information designed to do one thing, garner eyes on the program. They like to appear important and exciting. To me it's the National Inquirer syndrom. They will tell you what they think will have you come back tomorrow, the don't give a sh*t about anything else, NOTHING. Just review the news mottos you have heard: "You heard it Here FIRST " etc. etc. Same reasons they cover the violence, it garners eyes, higher viewer numbers and higher spot rates. The news is one of the biggest money makers for most local stations.

If enough people bitch*t to them you have a better chance of changing things than getting the Govt. to stop. It's the coverage that causes the problem moreso than the actual Govt. warning issued. To understand how sick this industry is, follow Rupert and the News of the World scandal. Of course then it's the mentality of the viewers. Urrrp, well that gave me indigesiton.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Whaaaaaa? Misquoted by the media, Inka? Go figger.

I too hope to be down next weekend. There's some fish that need some wrestlin'.

DeeDee

I agree with however wrote it above. the states wants the college students to keep their money in the states, & that is why they are saying stay away. I'm sitting here with my door wide open, my husband asleep with too many margarrittas behind him, I feel perfectly safe. Mr & Mrs. Seadweller has driven us from A to Z showing us a great time, & not once have I ever felt unsafe ( okay maybe for 2 secs when I met Boo) but other than that, I'd rather be here than in New York.
that's my 2 cents, need to cross the dark creepy scary roads all by myself to do what a lady needs to do. gosh darn think I can handle it.
Wake up & it's a good day. Smile.

March 15th will be the beginning of our 17th year of living here full time 24/7... we spend a lot of time helping out in the barrios and I can't think of any momment in the past 16 years that I felt my life was ever in danger...

We meet visitors and locals almost on a daily basis and in my honest opinion the people we have met here in Rocky Point have been by far the most friendliest, kindest, caring and generous people that I have met anywhere, bar none... in fact so many of you have become such good friends we feel like you are family...

Roberto

Well I had a real bad scare yesterday. I live next to that large empty field between Las Conchas and the Mirador. Yesterday I was walking Scooter about dusk and about half way across I suddenly came upon three shadowy figures approaching me. Friends have warned that it is not safe walking there. Turns out they are correct. The three figures turned out to be teenage girls. Knowing the lustful and wanton diesires of some of the teens today, I turned around and headed back to the house. Scooter barked at them and they shrieked so I think she save me from a terrible ordeal. Whew !!