No US Doollars at Ace hardware

Roberto

Wow, no idea how that happened. I had a chart of fuctuations (snicker) of the peso over the past 5 years I was trying to send along. Sort of mirrored the oil price fuctuations too. Lo Siento mucho.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
[SIZE=-1] Mexican Pesos to 1 USD [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]120 days[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]latest (Sep 1)13.135[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]lowest (Apr 26)12.141[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]highest (May 25)13.278[/SIZE]

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
We will see 14 before we see 10 again. Watch the US stock market. When it takes a tumble the peso gets weaker as well. I wonder if these two economies are connected? (snicker) The world market is unstable at best, I think we will see another "correction" in US stocks and the value of the dollar will fall against other currencies making the peso a strong buy. I am still using pesos that I bought last year at over 14.5 to one dollar for my groceries. What a deal!

mis2810

We have a piece of property in Mexico City that we bought in 2007 - we budgeted paying it off in the Spring of 2010. When we started paying it was 10:1, but as soon as the US economy and the peso went sour, we were able to pay it off early in the Summer of 2009.

Now we're thinking about starting to build on that land and are looking to get the most pesos from every stinking dollar we spend. 14:1 would be awesome and I could get all my "extras" in the house that I want.