Now for the bad news

CheddarBob

Well Known Member
Gives myself and the wife a very uneasy feeling. First the 48 bodies few miles from us as the crow flys in Los Conchas and now the armed robbery and terrorizing of tourists. We have decided to started looking at real estate in La Paz. We are assuming this will just escalate like everything else in Mexico.

playaperro

El Pirata
Gives myself and the wife a very uneasy feeling. First the 48 bodies few miles from us as the crow flys in Los Conchas and now the armed robbery and terrorizing of tourists. We have decided to started looking at real estate in La Paz. We are assuming this will just escalate like everything else in Mexico.
How many of the 48 bodies were Identified? First story has many discrepancies not saying it didn’t happen, just saying cartels don’t drive around in cars, anyway life goes on.

CheddarBob

Well Known Member
Doesn't matter how many were identified the fact it happens on a regular basis is enough. Cartel or Rebels with guns its all over the news it happened all right.

playaperro

El Pirata
Doesn't matter how many were identified the fact it happens on a regular basis is enough. Cartel or Rebels with guns its all over the news it happened all right.
So they dug up an old clandestine graveyard these people had no money to bury their families many years ago and by the way it is LAS Conchas.

Kenny

Well Known Member
This outrageously horrible. I personally know Ted and CJ and have spent time with them in Lobos on several occasions. Two of the most honest and real people you will ever meet.

The horror... the horror of that story. It's a shame that gringo families are now targets. I couldn't have cared a bit when it was cartel vs. cartel killings. Still sad, but now actively targeting gringos?

Not cool at all. They have my sympathy and I hope the girls can get over the trauma they were subjected to.

My mind is still reeling from reading this.
Don and I spent some time with Ted last time we were down that way, and we all went into El Desemboque from his place. I drove, starting at dusk to get some eats in town. We had a great time. I don't know and have never met CJ who says he through with Mexico, but Ted didn't strike me as someone who would pull up stakes and move on; but then again, Puerto Lobos is not the same place it was when they started building their little slice of fisherman heaven either.

playaperro

El Pirata
Don and I spent some time with Ted last time we were down that way, and we all went into El Desemboque from his place. I drove, starting at dusk to get some eats in town. We had a great time. I don't know and have never met CJ who says he through with Mexico, but Ted didn't strike me as someone who would pull up stakes and move on; but then again, Puerto Lobos is not the same place it was when they started building their little slice of fisherman heaven either.
Kenny it didn’t happen to Ted and CJ btw they are husband and wife.

audsley

Well Known Member
So is the government's official conclusion that the cluster of 48 bodies was simply a potter's field (place where unknown or indigent people are buried) cemetery? Or is that idea an attempt to wish away the possibility that Sonora has an organized crime problem?

playaperro

El Pirata
So is the government's official conclusion that the cluster of 48 bodies was simply a potter's field (place where unknown or indigent people are buried) cemetery? Or is that idea an attempt to wish away the possibility that Sonora has an organized crime problem?
You sound like a cnn reporter, I just know your days of going to Santo Tomas are over.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Kenny it didn’t happen to Ted and CJ btw they are husband and wife.
Correct. CJ was just reporting it because obviously she knows these folks. She has (had) a house in Cholla as well as Ted's place in Lobos. She is a super person and I've seen her buckle down and kick some grouper ass in Lobos.

Regardless, this event changes a lot about the safety of going to Lobos right now. Santo Thomas as well.

Somebody I spoke with about this said "They'd have to catch me." Ludicrous, really. Hard to outrun 7.62 rounds no matter what you're driving.

Witness that, as Americans, one damn bullet rolling around in the back of a pickup will get you jail time. I have weapons, but they never cross the border, ever. You're a sitting duck when something like this happens.

Viva Mexico.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
FYI,
The Why Not Store has gun and ammo storage available to people who forget.
My son forgot to leave his 9mm home and stored it there for $5 per day.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
FYI,
The Why Not Store has gun and ammo storage available to people who forget.
My son forgot to leave his 9mm home and stored it there for $5 per day.
A gun locked in a storage at Why does ya zero good when confronted with guns in Mexico. Sad, but troof. I've never carried over the border. Ever. But just maybe it's time to reconsider that philosophy.

Just sayin...

brokenwave

Well Known Member
It's an option for those who forgot to leave it at home and would attempt to bring a gun or ammo into Mexico or hide it in the desert.
When we go shooting I have a cargo liner in back with 4" high sides to ensure all ammo and empty casings stay on it while we pack up the
SUV to go home.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
It's an option for those who forgot to leave it at home and would attempt to bring a gun or ammo into Mexico or hide it in the desert.
When we go shooting I have a cargo liner in back with 4" high sides to ensure all ammo and empty casings stay on it while we pack up the
SUV to go home.
I ALWAYS police my truck before a trip. We shoot in the desert and I'm a firm believer of pack out what you take in. 9, 5.56, 7.62, 12 Guage empties all rolling around in the truck bed. I refuse to be "f'd" because there happens to be some empty brass rolling around. Not worth it at all.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Same here Stuart, but there are numerous people who don't abide by the same habits and we read about them going to
jail in Mexico because they're careless or have the I won't get caught attitude.