Paint advice

bring your paint from the US I have brought down over 100 gallons of paint and even with a red light they never took it or even said anything. It is well worth getting the US paint

jerry

8 year old Dun Edwards paint still looking pretty good.The color has not faded much.I have had to repainting my other house twice with white paint.The first was from Ace in Caborca...never again

image.jpg

Roberto

Jeeps, be sure to prep the surface well. Is your deck wood? A lot of the problems people have with painted surfaces, wood, concrete, stucco etc. result from poor and inadequate surface prep. Most people blame the paint but more often than not the prep is the problem. Sometimes old paint needs to be removed. The surface needs to be clean and dust free. You should put as much time or more in surface prep than in painting. I bet there is a site on the net detailing what needs to be done to prep different surfaces before painting.

Last edited:

mondone

Whitecaps
Just looked up Comex Group, bought by Sherwin Williams in 2012...It is good paint.

courtesy of carnac
That proposed merger never materialized, in fact Comex has a current lawsuit against S-W for breach of agreement. Bring down Dunn Edwards, I did in a few trips with enough paint for my entire beach house and so far it is holding up very well after 2 years.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

playaperro

El Pirata
Lowes is having a fire sale on Comex paint, It's only on interior 5 gallon buckets, reg/95 sale/55.
You sure Lagrimas, that they are taking paint at the border?
Jerry you got commercial account at Dunn Edwards?

Landshark

playaperro

El Pirata
There's a gringo on Josefa selling frazee paint he brings from Az, It's kind of a second hand store, can't recall the name of his place...