Penasco to Caborca to La Primavera and back

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Just helped a family move to La Primavera from Penasco which is an Ejido 40 minutes out side of Caborca on the dirt road to Puerto Lobos. If anyone is interested to see how real life works and would like to see some pics I will post a few after a few positive request otherwise I won't. It is beautiful, it is another world, way different from my life in Penasco. Why do these people live in La Primavera? What do they do for work? What is the small community like? All these things to care about....

We drive for several hours to the inland pueblo, we unpack -we enjoy local company, we spend the day touring Caborca and Pitiquito, what did we see? what did we do? All I can say is "awesome experience", one that EVERYONE reading this should take the time to do.

jerry

Great pictures,when you hang out down there it soon become apparent how productive the region is.
I would be a bit careful about going past Caborca (Altar etc,) the area is a little bit dicey now,even for gringos. After it's all sorted out and the last 10 miles from Saric to Sasabee is finished we Tucsonans will be 3.5 hours to the beach (Santo Tomas etc,)

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Great pictures,when you hang out down there it soon become apparent how productive the region is.
I would be a bit careful about going past Caborca (Altar etc,) the area is a little bit dicey now,even for gringos. After it's all sorted out and the last 10 miles from Saric to Sasabee is finished we Tucsonans will be 3.5 hours to the beach (Santo Tomas etc,)
Things are calm, there are spurts over there once in a while but for every action there is an equal or greater reaction these days. It is a very busy section of road "Caborca to Altar" the little bit of crap wont last too long, people are not willing to put up with punks anymore

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
It is incredible down there with all the vineyards and asparagus and melons, it is such a contrast...desert...................crops..........desert..........vineyards. Because the valley has so much nutrients in the soil you just throw a little water on it and plant some seeds and magic must happen

jerry

An Agriculture tour might interest people.There is a olive grove with big presses just east of the "Y",a great place to pick your own oranges near my place,grapes stretch for miles.....alfalfa my horse would run you over to get to! The Altar situation isn]t just a few "dead enders" the police department needs a house cleaning

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
An Agriculture tour might interest people.There is a olive grove with big presses just east of the "Y",a great place to pick your own oranges near my place,grapes stretch for miles.....alfalfa my horse would run you over to get to! The Altar situation isn]t just a few "dead enders" the police department needs a house cleaning
I am planning on some agri tours for locals here in Penasco, a 2 day trip with an overnight in Caborca, I think it would be a great way to know more about where you live! BTW we saw more than just a few cars and trucks heading both directions with out of country plates using that entire stretch of road. One plate on a car from Rhode Island. Thats a long drive

flagjay

mexicoruss, we've been to Caborca and also Desemboque, your photos bring back good memories, thank you for posting, flagjay

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
mexicoruss, we've been to Caborca and also Desemboque, your photos bring back good memories, thank you for posting, flagjay
Thanks for the message I appreciate it and you are welcome I hope to have more to share on other trips we make! AJUA Life is good!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
What's the deal with Desemboque? How much further is it than PP? Nice beaches?
Desemboque is very quaint. It is a small fishing village. There is much to explore there, there is a hotel there, the working part of the flat beach is just that a working area but go either direction up or down coast and it is thrilling. Make sure you have a 4x4 and low pressure in your tires and when we 4 wheel we always have another 4x4 along in case we get "bad stuck"

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Thanks, Russ. How does it compare to El Golfo? Even smaller?
Way smaller way way smaller, when we took a caravan of rvs there 13 years ago it was said there were less than 150 souls living there at the time. I am sure it is larger now but it is not exactly in the growth zone

mis2810

Well, I would love it, but my husband would hate it. He did NOT like El Golfo, but I did. He's the Mexican and I'm the gringa - go figure.

Roberto

Russ, I am curious. Did you get stopped at Almejas for transporting goods out of the Free Zone? We moved the novia's mama to Kino a few years back and had to go through Sonoita and down to pay tax on her few belongings.

Also, there are a lot of incredible places to visit in Sonora. Sahauripa is one. Arrived there and there was a celebration like the Matachines dances in New Mexico. Dancing in the streets of this incredibly quaint old town. Narrow streets, houses of stone built right up to the edge of the street. We went on another 4 hours up into the mountains to an ejido, an incredble experience. Up in the tall Ponderosa pines, a runnig stream, lush. If you could do tours to a place like that it would be good for the ejido.

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Roberto, I can do tours anywhere in Sonora and My wife and I know the country in and out but we still love exploring this absolutely fantastic state. It is such a great place dotted with little towns (pueblitos) and friendly smiling people. Regarding the stuff I took, we left Penasco with the goods, we had to stop at the checkpoint out past the Mayan Palace and her looked at everything under the tarp, I jokeingly told him it was just stuff no bodies, he didn't get the joke but my spanish aint so good - he let us through in about 1 minute and we were on our way. The free zone extends all the way to Guaymas so no fee should ever be paid from Penasco to Guaymas. I will take tours for groups as small as 4 people to anywhere in the State. You have to be good friends and no complaining allowed lol. All trips in Sonora start in Penasco.

Russ is "Trincheras" <--spelling??? anywhere near where you were??? The reason I asked is that there is a boarding school/orphanage in the forementioned town that has heard of what we do for the schools here in Puerto Penasco and the Presedente has asked if we could somehow help them out a little, he even mentioned that if we would visit, the town would throw a fiesta in our honor....

We want to, and will be helping them soon... but we are just trying to find out more about this little town... any info would be appreciated...