Penasco to Caborca to La Primavera and back

Russ flat out if you are telling people the roads around Altar are safe you are doing a disservice to the readers...read the paper and go that way more than once a year and you will find the cops are crooks past Caborca (east) hell ask any Mexican trucker
Jerry and Kenny, if you ever need anything while in Y Griega, please let my peeps at the old gas station know you are friends of mine. You might have to wait while they roll out the red carpet for you, but you'll have friendly help. Luis Ramos Ortega, or as we know him, Wicho is the big tall guy who is the vice-constable. His sister Maria Luisa (Wicha) runs the family's gas station and the convenience store and pharmacy right next door.

In Caborca, if you need anything, as anyone in town to help you find Hiram Ortiz. He speaks English, is known by everyone, and you'll have a friend for life.

Pitiquito, which is 8 kilometers east of Caborca is also very safe. If you need anything, Ernesto Monreal, owner of the gas station is a wonderful man and will help. If you're dealing with cops, make sure they know that you are a friend of Ata Dominguez, son of Don Chu Dominguez. You could use my name, but as only nicknames are recognized there, they wouldn't know who Rosie Glover is. I'd have to break down and tell you my nickname, and it may be easier to get me to post my atm pin number. Besides, Ata's name carries more weight than mine. If you ever get stuck there...find anyone whose last name is Cordova...of which there are many. Write this stuff down and carry it with you.

In Trincheras, find anyone named Murrieta and you'll be fine. You're right...don't bother with Altar or Santa Ana unless you're going through on your way to Hermosillo. If passing through, you should have no real problem. Hmm...just in case you get pulled over, ask if Adrian Rios is still the Comandante. He isn't, but they'll think you know him and so you'll get off with just a warning.

playaperro

El Pirata
Yea with Jerry's smoking and Kennys drinking HaHa, I don't think they'll get off with a warning.

Last edited:

jerry

Yea with Jerry's smoking and Kennys drinking HaHa, I don't think they'll get off with a warning.
Thanks Rosy that is just great help.... perro what's going on with the Desal plant in Las Conchas...hope it's working out...we can drink the well water in santo Tomas and the power grid from caborca is real consistent...hard to put a price on both things1

Kenny

The one that Chuck apparently go's to sleep with?

Those pictures were from a few years ago, but we do go into town when we're there. We had lunch in a little restaurant in town Monday, and they had the best Chile Relleon's that I've had in Mexico in years.

jerry

The one that Chuck apparently go's to sleep with?

Those pictures were from a few years ago, but we do go into town when we're there. We had lunch in a little restaurant in town Monday, and they had the best Chile Relleon's that I've had in Mexico in years.
The Grocery store is real nice (Super Elena?) The manager(Ricardo) is going to give me a hat!The coastal road now goes past Lobos toward Puerto Libertad...mountains on the left,cliffs and sea on the right.We had car problems so didn't check it out.The highway will be the bomb when down to Guaymas...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

jerry

Maybe desperado would be a better theme:
From Sonoran Diary:

Tubutama

Killing at least 20 people and six people were injured by a bloody confrontation between gunmen in two separate criminal groups seeking control of the region.

The incident occurred early yesterday morning on the road Altar-Saric, the junctions that give the communities of La Reforma, the city of Tubutama and Cerro Prieto, the municipality of El Saric, respectively.
After the fray armed police officers of various corporations that arrived in the area, managed to seize 19 high-powered weapons and 11 late-model vehicles that were in place and vicinity.
Likewise, it was the arrest of four other people, besides the wounded (who are hospitalized in different hospitals of Caborca), to add 10, which are heavily guarded.
Up to now know the identity of the gunmen dead but were able to confirm the names of three of the wounded, which are: Efrain Murillo Ceballos, Daniel Covarrubias and Francisco Valencia Valley Zazueta.
Two of the four people who were unhurt Ramon Ismael Meza called Castaneda, 15, and Javier Villa Victor Castillo, 17, who are available to the appropriate authority.
It is noteworthy that all the bodies were being transferred from the scene of the clashes, for various funeral homes in the city of Caborca.
We were thinking of an amusement park like disneyland called Caborcaland. There are a lot of nice haciendas to visit. Many million dollar homes that I am sure Jerry and Kenny would enjoy visiting, I will guide you one way. lol

Caborca is a great town to visit.

It is not scary!

The desert is great around there.

It is worth a visit!

I am going back next week

I love the photos, expecially the Rock art and the cacti looks like a beautiful valley.. thank you for sharing..

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I love the photos, expecially the Rock art and the cacti looks like a beautiful valley.. thank you for sharing..
IT IS AWESOME thats all I can say, the bad guys know what they want and take it but the town and the country around there is fantastic I have more to add later thanks for the comment

jerry

You know Afghanistan has really nice mountains you could visit too. You casual attitude about this may get one of the readers killed...You seem like a good guy but in this case there really is a shark and people need to know it.