Playa del Carmen and Cozumel

Divng off Cozumel's Planacar Reef is the best diving I have done. It's drift diving and lots to see.

Rick
Cholla Bay

MIRAMAR

We enjoyed the zip line- Selvatica, and after the zip line, we rode mountain bikes to a cenote, where there is a little zip line, you let go and fall about 10 feet into the cenote. Fun.

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
The Mayan Riviera is the most incredible area in Mexico. The Mayan Royalty used this as their home. Sweet waters flowing into the ocean provide for the most colorful of sea life.

Tulum, Xpu-ha, are two of the must visits. Take your snorkeling gear but rentals are available. The speed air foils to Cosumel are also an experience, but you can also take the ferry for less than $2.00.

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
that sound horrible, accidents happens, even with the latest most modern US Carnival resorts as the Splendor, it tanked. But no deaths!!!! This story in Playa del Carmen is sad.

This latest Canadian destination Resort will be a black eye to Mexican quality control. Sewage methane gas explosion killing 6 and hurting 22???? Sad ! Icky...

We stayed at Adventura Palace, they have about 5 resorts and you can go from one to another at will. The place we stayed was after the Cancun (all inclusive), a getaway. No children allowed, I think it was 21 and older only. All Adventuras are all inclusive. Adventuras are 5 star...

T

Tomcat

Quote from Cabo (The Mayan Riviera is the most incredible area in Mexico)

Well after taking my first trip south of the border to rocky point alone on my motorcycle ( oct 8th thru 23rd 2010) I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head leaving the drive way in northern Arizona. Are you freaking crazy ! was the most common phrase people said to me LOL Now after my first little adventure of 15 days to rocky point and back I can only dream of what it looks like father south. The Mayan Yucatan wow no that's a dream trip. Yeah just a dream right???

Hey anyone out there want to get on there motorcycle and ride south for a few weeks ????

After all its not like people haven't made this trip before :) Here one guy who did and he road a bike exactly the same as my little bike I rode to rocky point ! KLR 650. But this dude rode his bike from the eastern Canadian border to the most southern tip of South America. 17 countries wow

http://www.motorcyclemexico.com/

So is it safe to do this ? well every trip even to the local store for food can get you killed or run down these days. So what do you mean is it safe ? The question is do you just dream about this stuff and get old or do you say OK lets plan some and go on the trip of a lifetime..... Is the anyone crazy enough like me to want to do a ride like this ? AZROB has a really sweet road bike and after meeting Rob and company in rocky point I say he is a little tiny bit crazy hahahaha

Itching for my next adventure
Tomcat

joester

2 salty dawgs
visit Tulum for at day at least. one of my partners at work went for their honeymoon to Playa de Carmen, and said had he'd known, they would have spent the entire time in Tulum. they ended up spending 2 full days there, exploring and relaxing.
try El Tabano for some good eats he said.
it's on my list of places to visit.
please report back after you go.....

T

Tomcat

Jerry says (Maybe go from douglas to Creel?) LOL I looked at that website and being a off roader for many years I am still not crazy enough to do that trip out of the USA. If you get hurt there do they haul you out of the mountains with a donkey ? LOL Nah I am just dreaming of a nice road trip to a tropical paradise while I am still young enough and free enough to actual do a trip like the Mayan Riviera.

Sometimes I just day dream of some adventures I want to take and sometimes those dreams come true..... Hey we only have one life right ! and I like Roberto signature :) below :)
Life's objective is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Holy Sh*t ... what a ride! ".
George Carlin

AZ ROB

My dream trip would be to ride from Phx. down thru Mexico into Belize and then take a ferry over to Caye Caulker and spend a week there and of course pack up the bike and gear and ship it home while I take a nice boat back to Texas where I would fly home from there...

If we're talking dream trips....back in another lifetime, my dream for retirement was to take a 35-40 ft. sailboat, and sail it from FL thru the Bahamas....and then hit every major island in the Caribbean all the wasy to South America....spending some time at each....figured that would take me the "rest of my days"....but that was another lifetime.....in another galaxy far, far away...........:sad::cry:

T

Tomcat

Rob,

Lets do it then :) I know your crazy enough to make the trip on a motorcycle buddy... Here is proof I am just as crazy my friend LOL Here a short video of me (2009) in southeast asia and I toured for a few weeks on several islands dodging abu sayaf who is one of the bin ladin boys on a 250 XR honda. But as you can see I had a local body guard with me watching my back hahahaha..... What do you say Rob ? feb. 2011 sounds like a good time to plan for Belize ! :)

A trip I won't soon forget !!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFxVuAJDqkg

Tom

T

Tomcat

Rockyptjoe,

Don't you ever say I should have taken my dream trip ???? well as long as were still walking and talking there is always hope we will make a few dreams come true my friend. Hope we can meet up in rocky point again !

Roberto

:mexico::mexico::mexico::mexico:
There is a really great book "Sonora an Intimate Geography" Written by a Prof. at an AZ University. Published by UNM Press. He toured Sonora in the 60"s on a VESPA ! He has some fun stories to read.

My current objective is to sell my home here in Penasco and buy one of the Sprinter based, van motorhomes, then hit the road South to see what I can see. Chiapas and Oaxaca are high on the list. I'll try to avoid tourist areas and visit small pueblos and historic sites. Hopefully it will take me 6 months to reach Chiapas!

I've been reading about the 1910 Mexican Revolution and have a list of places where there were encampments and battlefields to visit. I'm curious about the local memory of such events and places. It was 100 years ago but often there is a lot to be learned form the local stories. I have an aspiring archaeologist son and a herptologist son both of whom will plan a visit around areas they are interested in to expand my interests.

I'll have to get one of Tel Cel's units that gets internet and e-mail and all as they have good coverage but it's not easy to find WiFi where I'll be traveling. I know someone who recently returned from a short trip and they found few places with WiFi and ended up buying one of the smart phone, or whatever they are called.

The Sprinter is compact, not like driving a house, so good for the back roads. It is completely self contained, generator and all, so no thought about where you' ll be staying the next night. If you travel the back roads to the interesting little pueblos, you might find someone that would put you up in a spare bedroom, ( or their's !) for a few Pesos but you won't find accomodations you might hope for. We visited Trincheras a couple of years ago and I wanted to stay over but we would have had to drive back to Altar so we returned to Penasco. There's just something about getting up in the morning and being at a place that is special for me.

I'll probably want to tow a Suzuki or similar so I can really tour each area. I'm thinking about getting some BIMBO logos to put on the van!

OK who is going to buy my house so I can get on the road?? I'm ready to go.