ProAlliance Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
The Ban Hammer is out and about. If your sole purpose for coming to this thread is to cause hate and discontent, expect to go bye-bye. If you are coming here to help solve a problem or with a valid question, no issue. But as said, new screen names that are spewing venom, "ain't nobody got time for dat."

It's just that simple.
The Management

apricot

As I've posted before, all condo owners should be concerned about th
The competition Mr.Portugal gets a few fan letters on Topix
"just wanted people to know that after paying insurance for 30 years and finally my house got broken into for the first time in Cholla Bay and lost $10000 dollars worth of items, I have been trying to get them to pay the claim since May 2011 with no luck.This was written on 10-8-11. Every time I email him, he never replies. Everytime I go to Rocky Point and talk to them about the claim it is like starting from square one and always he says to come in tomorrow or Monday and he will work it out but always comes up with some excuse or just doesn't show up to work or says to come back anh
never shows up.I would suggest to people that his insurance is a joke and suggest you do business with someone else. Has anyone else been through what I am going through and have a suggestion on how to deal with it?
Yes. I have the exact same problem! I had two quads stolen last December and have been trying since them to recover my claim. There is always an excuse. Always a promise the check will be mailed to you. Now they want my bank account number to make a direct deposit. Like hell I'll do that. I've been paying over 25 years, both homeowners and auto insurance. We have visited the office, called, and emailed with no sucess. I'm going to chalk this one up to a life lesson.
Jerry, we get it....it's old news! Portugal isn't the answer either. I'm looking for other alternatives. Thanks to others on here recommending who we can go to for insurance.

playaperro

El Pirata
We have had our homeowners insurance with Portugal for 13 years. Never a problem, but never had a claim. Renewed in June, on time, $827 check payable to General de Seguros, SAB, mailed to a PO Box in Lukeville. Received a paid in full receipt from Portugal a few weeks later & confirmed the check had cleared the account. In August we received an expiration notice from Portugal saying if we wanted to renew send $827. Didn't respond since I had documentation of payment. Yesterday received another expiration notice saying policy expired 09/14/14 & if we wanted to renew send $827! Interesting how the expiration date keeps changing on the same policy. Clerical error? Fishing for a double payment? Who knows. Plan to purchase an Ace policy from ProAlliance in June.
What does that cover? I'm only in it for fire, General de Seguros is a A+ rated company I think, who knows!

jerry

What does that cover? I'm only in it for fire, General de Seguros is a A+ rated company I think, who knows!
I don't see the point of fire insurance down here...no trees....mostly block construction.......unless a guy bought a pigeon coop above the fourth floor in a town with a fire truck that could only get up to the third on a good day...

playaperro

El Pirata
I don't see the point of fire insurance down here...no trees....mostly block construction.......unless a guy bought a pigeon coop above the fourth floor in a town with a fire truck that could only get up to the third on a good day...
C'mon Jerry, I had to say something, don't believe everything you read.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
I think the lesson learned is that it is difficult to trust the insurance agent in Penasco unless the payment is made directly to the carrier (via credit card or a check that is cashed by the insurance company). For one agent to say they are better than the other... well it appears they both have horror stories from clients and both are really the same. In the end, just make sure that the payment you make is not made to the agent (its too easy to lose it, misplace it, cash it and other adventures).

Derek

I bought a generator from a local to run my home before it had electrical service on Whale Hill. The guy agreed on two payments of 1000 dollars, half when it was delivered and the other half when I hooked it up. Well the generator didn't have 15kw like he claimed and my air conditioner wouldn't run. I asked for my money back and he said no and demanded final payment. Next thing I know the police arrest me at my guard gate and bring me down to the Ministerio Publico and put me in front of some kind of judge with the guy I bought the generator from. I figured I was screwed because he was Mexican and I was in front of a Mexican judge of some kind. We both told our stories with the other guy claiming he didn't say it would run my whole house. The judge then ruled that he believed me and did I want the generator for 1000 if the other guy didn't give me my money back and I said yes. It was fair and a great system. I suggest maybe people with prior years owed explore this route for immediate payment because from what I understand you can end up sitting in jail until solved if you are found guilty.

I have started looking into getting g ACE insurance from sources outside of Peñasco. I currently have my
Mexican car insurance through Costco rather from in town for four years now.

apricot

I have started looking into getting g ACE insurance from sources outside of Peñasco. I currently have my
I recommended Costco car insurance not too long ago in another thread to a couple new to Rocky Point and many of Rosie's fans jumped all over that and said to go with Rosie. In hindsight, it looks like my advice at that time was appropriate.

I'm also interested in what you find out. Re car insurance, we have drivers license insurance currently through Rosie - I just looked at Costco, and it doesn't seem like the liability coverage is high enough on the plans they quote - at least based on the required coverages that Rosie quoted to us 6 months ago when we renewed.

I'm also interested in what you find out. Re car insurance, we have drivers license insurance currently through Rosie - I just looked at Costco, and it doesn't seem like the liability coverage is high enough on the plans they quote - at least based on the required coverages that Rosie quoted to us 6 months ago when we

Ago

Landshark

I recommended Costco car insurance not too long ago in another thread to a couple new to Rocky Point and many of Rosie's fans jumped all over that and said to go with Rosie. In hindsight, it looks like my advice at that time was appropriate.
You imply there are problems with ProAlliance auto insurance policies. I have auto insurance through them. Please state the problems you refer to. Thank you.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
The problem is with agents who have checks written out directly to them. If you pay directly to the carrier, the chance of 'cashed check/no insurance' does not seem to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.