Problems on the U.S. Side

Kenny

Jack You may be impressed that Jerry can multitask, well I'm impressed that you can remember the 60's.:har:

Kenny

Hell Kenny, I remember the 60's it's yesterday I haven't got a clue about.
Oh no! Silvia's punctuation or lack of is contagious, and Jacks caught itwho could be nexthope it's not me

The point is that it does not matter if the glass of wine impairs you, you can still be charged with DUI. Down here there was a case where a gal who was the designated driver, started driving out of a parking lot in downtown Tempe and was pulled over by the pigs because she forgot to turn her lights on. The pig charges her with DUI, and in his report states, despite the fact she told the pig she was the designated driver, she smelled of alcohol, had watery eyes and trouble standing. The charges eventually got dropped because when her bloodwork came back, she had a BAC of 0.00. She was not lying, she had had nothing to drink that night. Now if she had had one half of a drink and her bloodwork came back 0.01 she would have had a DUI on her record.

But you did not answer my question: if reducing speed could save lives, would you be for reducing the speed limit?
So...the "system" worked? and if she had a BAC, then she shouldn't have been the "designated" driver...right? BTW, why did she have trouble standing (ok...the "pig" lied, right?)? Her eyes were watery..so she can't see very clearly(oh...another lie by the "pig"). She couldn't see her instrument panel(it's dark, right?).....ding...ding...ding....what's wrong with that picture? My headlights must not be on??? I don't remember not putting on the headlights at night in all the years and miles of driving I've done ....when I wasn't driving "impaired"....but that's me.... maybe I was lucky, one of my vehicles had auto headlights. If the conditions the cop reported were true, I would have cited her for the same offense! (I was curious about the exact wording of the statute...so here it is: 1. While under the influence of intoxicating liquor, any drug, a vapor releasing substance containing a toxic substance or any combination of liquor, drugs or vapor releasing substances if the person is impaired to the slightest degree.)

Your question?....so you'd like to have the same type of penalties for speeding??? Let's just take all vehicles off the road, since even at a few miles an hour, someone could get killed...like the other day when a mother ran over her 18 month old backing out of the driveway! But then again, it wasn't speed that killed the child...maybe it was the mother's lack of attention or being distracted by something, like her cellphone???..... Oh wait....we do have criminal charges for "excessive speed".....as well as for "reckless driving" and "aggressive driving"!

tmotsinger

Eating Newbie Gringo Taco
I was thrown in a US jail for having four pieces of trash in the back of my truck. On the bright side, my cellmate assured me the au gratin didn't go straight to my ass...

I gotta say this has been most amusing and most '60's ish. Wow Pigs..I haven't heard so many Pigs since I was in North Carolina searching out the best Barbeque places.
I regret there were no Pigs in a Blanket or Pigs in a helicopter, you know..When Pigs Fly, and I hope my girl friend doesn't miss as many periods.

Also, don't worry RPJoe, I got your back when the attacks come. Actually, it looks like you can protect yourself pretty dawgone good. And Jerry, when did you start multi-tasking
at your advanced age? Both Fox and Rush in the same thread. I'm proud of ya son.

Now for my real complaint. Any you guys want to pick on the over 70 crowd, I suggest you rethink it. As far as driving goes, I've never heard of a senior killing anybody while texting
in their car. Hell, I've never heard of them texting period. And dangerous driving, they don't drive fast enough to hurt anyone if they hit them. If you really want to get into it with us I
suggest you come down here to Green Valley and duke it out with us old farts. I have to warn you guys though, this is tough sledding down here. We are a force to be reckoned with.

There's Willard and his scooter wheel chair. He wields a wicked cane and has broken many a knee cap in his day. Then there's Addie. Well known for turning her oxygen tank into a
flame thrower a la WW2. Don't want to mess with that old broad.

Then here's my hero of the day. This old gal rocks, "Police: Taser Used On Nude 80-Year-Old Woman Attempting Hit Officers With Cane"

I can't believe that headline didn't say Pigs. I told my wife to get dressed first. But, you go girl.

Anyway, ya'll, it's been fun and whatever happened to the poor guy that started this thread. It seems at least he had a sense of humor.
Jack...you old farts in Green Valley must be tough...even the cartel types running drugs by you leave you alone!!! :rofl:

Kenny

Just for starers your dash lights can be on while your headlights are offthat's all for nowI feel funny

DMAC

I fought the law and the law won.
So...the "system" worked?
I supposed it worked for you, because you were not the one booked into custody and had 10 hours of your life disturbed by the pigs and had to pay for the costs of representation and lab work on your blood. I mean, it's no sweat off your brow, so it seems like you could give a flying F if someone was hassled, lost money and generally lost a part of their life because the system "worked".

and if she had a BAC, then she shouldn't have been the "designated" driver...right?
No, if she could safely operate the vehicle, it does not matter what her BAC was. Of course in this state they'll run you through the wringer regardless.

BTW, why did she have trouble standing (ok...the "pig" lied, right?)? Her eyes were watery..so she can't see very clearly(oh...another lie by the "pig").
Yeah the pigs never lie. Never. They're as pure as the driven snow.

Of course they lied. Pigs lie all the friggin time. You know why? Because they can get away with it.

She couldn't see her instrument panel(it's dark, right?).....ding...ding...ding....what's wrong with that picture? My headlights must not be on??? I don't remember not putting on the headlights at night in all the years and miles of driving I've done ....when I wasn't driving "impaired"....but that's me.... maybe I was lucky, one of my vehicles had auto headlights. If the conditions the cop reported were true, I would have cited her for the same offense! (I was curious about the exact wording of the statute...so here it is: 1. While under the influence of intoxicating liquor, any drug, a vapor releasing substance containing a toxic substance or any combination of liquor, drugs or vapor releasing substances if the person is impaired to the slightest degree.)
I have taken off out of parking lots all the time without my lights on when I was stone cold sober. If you're in a well-lit parking lot, you might not notice you don't have your lights on till you get somewhere where it's dark.

Your question?....so you'd like to have the same type of penalties for speeding??? Let's just take all vehicles off the road, since even at a few miles an hour, someone could get killed...like the other day when a mother ran over her 18 month old backing out of the driveway! But then again, it wasn't speed that killed the child...maybe it was the mother's lack of attention or being distracted by something, like her cellphone???..... Oh wait....we do have criminal charges for "excessive speed".....as well as for "reckless driving" and "aggressive driving"!
Well now you're getting to my point. If we reduced the speed limit to 15MPH we could virtually eliminate traffic fatalities, wouldn't you agree? So would you be on board with reducing speed limits to 15MPH in order to save all those lives? Yeah, little kids getting run over will still be an issue, but think of all the other lives we could save.

DMAC

This has nothing to do with nothing, but I just want to point out I have went from "Newbie Gringo" to "Beachwalker" in one thread! I'm so proud of myself I'm gonna jump in the car and go grab a six pack. I'm sure I'll have 3 left by the time I get home!

DMAC

I was thrown in a US jail for having four pieces of trash in the back of my truck. On the bright side, my cellmate assured me the au gratin didn't go straight to my ass...
I'm not saying this to be mean, but I think he was just saying that so you'd feel pretty.

Silvia

User is currently banned
Silvia's inner rebel is coming out: she's a grammar scofflaw.
DMAC why mustyoube so uncooth and mrHENNY excuse meplease mrKenny if I may addressyou as such why are you being so unkind isit because we happen to like taquitos and you pushthem aside and DMAC you are not beinghonest you talkalot about your words pigs but the fact of the matter isthatyou in the event of an injustice directed in your directionwould waste notime in sending for the men inblue and why isit that some of youpeople direct unkindness toward someone that posts on this subject mrHenny pardon me mrKenny I will state this hour that if this kind of abuse continues I will reasign my readings to the fishing column where the posters are not so uncooth and unpolite and DMAC and I must include mrHenny oh excuse MrKenny I must include you in this remember the weight of the cross that you two fellows will one day be forced to drag at this point may I inquire as to who this playa that some call dog that again donot project tobe kind in the meaning ofthe statement I will now excuse myself and remove myselfto the fishing excursions also I do not like some ofthe words that some here engage

Kenny

DMAC why mustyoube so uncooth and mrHENNY excuse meplease mrKenny if I may addressyou as such why are you being so unkind isit because we happen to like taquitos and you pushthem aside and DMAC you are not beinghonest you talkalot about your words pigs but the fact of the matter isthatyou in the event of an injustice directed in your directionwould waste notime in sending for the men inblue and why isit that some of youpeople direct unkindness toward someone that posts on this subject mrHenny pardon me mrKenny I will state this hour that if this kind of abuse continues I will reasign my readings to the fishing column where the posters are not so uncooth and unpolite and DMAC and I must include mrHenny oh excuse MrKenny I must include you in this remember the weight of the cross that you two fellows will one day be forced to drag at this point may I inquire as to who this playa that some call dog that again donot project tobe kind in the meaning ofthe statement I will now excuse myself and remove myselfto the fishing excursions also I do not like some ofthe words that some here engage
Ok then it's a dateI'll see you in the fishing section

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with nothing, but I just want to point out I have went from "Newbie Gringo" to "Beachwalker" in one thread! I'm so proud of myself I'm gonna jump in the car and go grab a six pack. I'm sure I'll have 3 left by the time I get home!
Just remember to turn your headlights on!! Oh, that's right...it's daytime...and you don't need headlights! I'll work up a check list for you for the next time you are out at night, and get in your vehicle to drive! Obviously you and that girl need one! We don't want all those "pigs" stopping you and claiming that you're driving under the influence!

Silvia

User is currently banned
One more question ifyou please as I was moving mybelongings to fishing I came across a subject dogs allowed at Sonoran Sun rental is the subject matter of this entry specific to the one that is refered to here as the dog playa is this nothing more than comic or does a dog actually exist on these readings and if so what breed is this dog MrHenny excuse me again im packing MrKenny it would be fitting if that at this hour you remand yourself to this subject and not subject the fishing toyour and DMAC pigs readings if you please remember the cross I will now remove myself from your as you say pigs readings that is not kind they are present to serve and protect they being the men and may I say women in blue at this hour remember the cross

Just for starers your dash lights can be on while your headlights are offthat's all for nowI feel funny
Yeah you're right Kenny....you could have the parking lights on....and under one or 2 other conditions. Maybe all those new fangled vehicles you young whipper snappers drive have auto dash lights too???? Have they put in proximity or weight sensors in the driver's side tied in to a daylight sensor yet? Me, I'm happy to still have my '56 chebbie! That Ford truck I had with the auto sensor was a pain, especially when I was stalking someone at night....couldn't turn off the dang headlights!!!

One more question ifyou please as I was moving mybelongings to fishing I came across a subject dogs allowed at Sonoran Sun rental is the subject matter of this entry specific to the one that is refered to here as the dog playa is this nothing more than comic or does a dog actually exist on these readings and if so what breed is this dog Mr Henny excuse me again im packing MrKenny it would be fitting if that at this hour you remand yourself to this subject if you please remember the cross
Now it hit me....your style of writing and no punctuation reminds me of the emails I've gotten from Nigeria...offering me illicitly gained funds if I would help that person get the funds out of the country! :rofl: