proposed security on our hwys

Status
Not open for further replies.
various reports from local puerto penasco newspapers and az tv news said there is IMPROVED security between the two (2) cities of sonyta and puerto penasco. that we should expect stops at the edge of sonyta traveling south to Puerto Penasco and before entering and vis versa also see more police/military presence on the road including the green angels

well what happen? there certainly was not

at sonyta i was stopped at the usual place of red cross asked where i was coming from and where i was headed and passed on....

where is the added security?

i am a expierenced traveler of mexico and other countries and kept an eye into the desert for upset dust...vehicles coming toward me , from behind etc...saw NADA...

I have the same question....I didn't see any federale highway patrol either going down or coming back....Friday or Tuesday.....maybe Rosy could bring this up with the mayor's office???

Dang, not even on Friday? That's messed up. We saw the full treatment the weekend prior, but that was just after the police chief incident.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I just got home. Interesting trip for another thread. Got stopped coming into Sonoyta and there was one police cruiser right before the short cut. Saw Federales all weekend in PP, at least one truckload every time I went off the Mirador. There was only about 6 cars that I passed on Hiway 8, 3 crazy speeders that passed me, traffic was almost non existant today. Maybe someone who came home yesterday can pipe up here and let us know how it was.

Roberto

One pass along the highway is not an adequate sample to determine if security has improved along the highway. Anyway, if there is no patrolling all day then an increase of one pass by per day of the police it is an IMPROVEMENT, right.

There certainly is an increased presence of State, Federal and local police and military in Penasco as compared to say a month or two ago.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Arrived on Sonoyta on 7/2 Red Cross donations almost at the turn to the short cut a couple of block away at the exit of town there was the policia minucipal check point everybody has spoken for, in route to Penasco 2 cars of federales went by towards Sonoyta, I say around 4:30 pm then at almost Batamote bridge I saw 2 trucks of the green angels, as we were arriving to Penasco got stopped by the biggest policia municipal check point I have seen in Penasco in years, at about the same place the Tequila Factory is located, I saw a military truck full of soldiers and a military pick up truck that would be the envy of all the 4 wheelers with soldiers too and thru the weekend I did noticed more military personnel than normal, thru all my trips in the last few month I can say that since the incident with the Police chief I have notice a lot more security than before.

Last edited:

mis2810

I went down on 7/1 and yes, there was a checkpoint on the outside of Sonoyta and again just entering Rocky Point. I saw extra police and military all weekend long.

Not sure where you were cortezgirl.

puerto penasco is not only for visitors. when i read the article and listened to Mr Palacio i thought it was going to be on going 24/7 not only on weekends when we welcome visitors.
I went down on 7/1 and yes, there was a checkpoint on the outside of Sonoyta and again just entering Rocky Point. I saw extra police and military all weekend long.

Not sure where you were cortezgirl.

my original posting was a matter of my observation and a question ....not as to "right" and certainly did not warrant sarcasm

InkaRoads

cronopiador
my original posting was a matter of my observation and a question ....not as to "right" and certainly did not warrant sarcasm
well, it seems that for someone that lives down in town you might not observe much if you have not notice the increase of military, police and federales in town, I do not live in PP but find myself going down quite often as I drive a shuttle and since I DO pay attention to my surroundings I have been able to notice the increase in security as well as at least one other poster that DO live permanently in PP.

cortezgirl, do you know what cortez means in spanish, besides the spanish name, let me give you a hit do not confuse it with corte"s", by the way that you come across, sometimes, it does match your username, "cortez" is an adjetive that means rustico/a, inculto/a, grosero/a, not trying to insult you just making and observation of your mannerisms and the relation to your username :eek3:

Last edited:
well, it seems that for someone that lives down in town you might not observe much if you have not notice the increase of military, police and federales in town, I do not live in PP but find myself going down quite often as I drive a shuttle and since I DO pay attention to my surroundings I have been able to notice the increase in security as well as at least one other poster that DO live permanently in PP.

cortezgirl, do you know what cortez means in spanish, besides the spanish name, let me give you a hit do not confuse it with corte"s", by the way that you come across, sometimes, it does match your username, "cortez" is an adjetive that means rustico/a, inculto/a, grosero/a, not trying to insult you just making and observation of your mannerisms and the relation to your username :eek3:
oh please give me a break my posting had nothing to do with "in town" as to the rest of your post...have a good night :)

yes ms rosie explain
Well, you say that there security wasn't increased, yet say that in Sonoyta you were asked questions. Guess what? The Red Cross donation team was moved and you were asked questions by Federal/State police. The rest of us noticed a lot more police of all types all over town, others didn't notice a thing. I chalk it up to perception. I'd also like to point out that when people see a lot of police or military they invariably say "Too many, they'll scare the tourists!". And then when they don't see any, they say, "Where the hell was the increased police presence? Who's taking care of us?". Can't win for losing...

Last edited:
Well, you say that there security wasn't increased, yet say that in Sonoyta you were asked questions. Guess what? The Red Cross donation team was moved and you were asked questions by Federal/State police. The rest of us noticed a lot more police of all types all over town, others didn't notice a thing. I chalk it up to perception. I'd also like to point out that when people see a lot of police or military they invariably say "Too many, they'll scare the tourists!". And then when they don't see any, they say, "Where the hell was the increased police presence? Who's taking care of us?". Can't win for losing...
well thanks for that...guess most cant read... i am not an idiot......go have another tequilla

InkaRoads

cronopiador
oh please give me a break my posting had nothing to do with "in town" as to the rest of your post...have a good night :)
What do you mean? you say that you are a resident and hope to be for long, to me that sounds like you live "in town" as in Rocky Point and the security was beefed up "in town" as well as in the highway, so again what are you trying to convey with your post then? if you tell me you live in E.J. Penasco out of the way and do not leave home but seldom then I will understand your post a little better, however you live in Las Conchas to me that is "in town" as a matter of fact it is closer to town than Sandy Beach resorts, or not? please correct me if am wrong?

And as to the rest of my post, there it is girl, another of your little observations that you have not observed about yourself and how you come across, YOU have a good night! :blah: :eek3:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
So here it is, you cry when someone does to you what seems normal for you to do to others!!

yes ms rosie explain
then you turn around and use it, and this is not the only thread you have use this frase with that sarcastic twist you have!! :eek3:

Status
Not open for further replies.