Puerto Penasco will have its Home Port

They would not have to ferry anyone to or from the boat according to the plans we have seen. The dock goes well into the sea and the water depth would be able to float a cruiser at any tide fluctuation.
Hey Russ, where did you see the plans? I'd love to see them myself if they're available somewhere. And where precisely would it be located, assuming it eventually comes to fruition?

It's time to pull my inflatable out of the moth ball's again... Now some of you might remember that I was going to rig it up for fishing, and beat everyone out to the far reefs with it, especially Stuart. But after seeing this deal pop up again, I thought I might just rig it up with seats out of Sprint cars with 6 point harness's, and advertise it as the fastest Ferry in Mexico. Or we could use it as a pirate ship, and intercept their ferry's. Either way, I'm looking for investors and crew members.
Hey Kenny, if we're gonn a be pirates, I wanna be the munitions officer. I have experience.

R

reportjones

Trust me, Steve Schwab does not have any friends! Just wait until he packs up and leaves one day when everything bottoms out. Its going to leave a lot of people holding a bag of worms while he relaxs on a beach somewhere. Maybe he can join his friend Rick Barnes who used to own Margueritavilla in Thailand? Remember Rick began selling $1000 shares for his establishment and then one day just didnt open for business. Left his employees and friends holding his debts.

This one is my favorite! It's a "press release" by our old friend Steve Schwab ...http://www.prlog.org/10196216-puerto-penasco-will-have-its-home-port.html

Kenny

Wow Jone's, where have you been? You should have known that my statement "our old friend Steve Schwab" was about as sarcastic as they come. I know most people did. I've been digging up bogus stuff that he's put out there for years.

Kenny

playaperro

El Pirata
Yea Manny I hear you, I once started a Thread about the reef to close about a year ago telling people about the cruise ships and boy did they go ape shit on here...

Trust me, Steve Schwab does not have any friends! Just wait until he packs up and leaves one day when everything bottoms out. Its going to leave a lot of people holding a bag of worms while he relaxs on a beach somewhere. Maybe he can join his friend Rick Barnes who used to own Margueritavilla in Thailand? Remember Rick began selling $1000 shares for his establishment and then one day just didnt open for business. Left his employees and friends holding his debts.
LOL... too funny... You know Rick??? he was my scuba instructor and we were partners on the old boat the "Island Explorer" with him for about a month, until we saw that he was running the business from his pocket... Thankfully he found someone to buy us out and we were the only people to make money off of that boat before it was taken out of the water...

I even made money from Margaritavilla when I was the bouncer at least I got paid... a lot of other friends that had big $$$ invested in it lost their shorts...

In Ricks defense, he was a great scuba instructor...

Rhino

I too have seen the plans and they are phenomenal! If the finished product is anything close to what is being envisioned, the town and all those who love and enjoy it will be very fortunate.

I too have seen the plans and they are phenomenal! If the finished product is anything close to what is being envisioned, the town and all those who love and enjoy it will be very fortunate.
Speak for yourself.....I've been in a Caribbean town when the cruise ships dis-engorge their passengers....for a day of mad shopping!!! How will we be fortunate? The taxis, vendors and restaurants will jack their prices up.....we've seen that with the coming of the condos! And don't tell me that the plight of the common worker will be better. Do you really expect the business owners to pay their workers a better wage? The business owners will be the only ones benefitting. And Penasco will become even more dependent on tourists and the vagaries of the tourism industry!

And before anybody jumps my case that I'm just knocking business owners....I'm not. I'm all for someone making a decent living and profiting from their investment and hard work. Unfortunately, I don't see that translating into better wages and conditions for the workers....I don't see any "trickle down" to them.

Last edited:
R

reportjones

I never met Rick. I have not been in Rocky Point long enough. I just hear storys about how he allegedly ripped people off. I just wonedr when Steve Schwab will do the same. There is no way his condo reserveations company is making money now. I hear nothing but bad things about how he tries to bully people or threaten them when they do not follow his direction.

jerry

If the environmental concerns can be taken care of with agreements to offset the damage by purchasing sensitive estuaries the Cruise Port isn't a bad idea.The town already looks like crap so a little "Pirates of the Caribbean' themed port might make a great deal of sense. If you frost a dog turd always heap it on! i think the real estate community should be forced to were Pirate costumes (aarrgh todays a good day to buy matey)
Why do seagulls fly over the sea?
Because if they flew over the bay, they'd be bagels!

jerry

If the environmental concerns can be taken care of with agreements to offset the damage by purchasing sensitive estuaries the Cruise Port isn't a bad idea.The town already looks like crap so a little "Pirates of the Caribbean' themed port might make a great deal of sense. If you frost a dog turd always heap it on! i think the real estate community should be forced to were Pirate costumes (aarrgh todays a good day to buy matey)
Why do seagulls fly over the sea?
Because if they flew over the bay, they'd be bagels!
Speaking of Mexican pirates and texas:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/29/AR2010052903707.html?hpid=topnews

This last comment from the article.... "He said that anyone fishing the Mexican side these days has "got to have one hand on their fishing pole and the other on their boat keys, ready to haul back home."

Just a matter of time before one of the "good ole boys" from Texas decides to cross to the Mexican side with his own firepower....since it seems that the Mexican federales don't seem to patrol or care!