Quail Creek Bible Study Rocky Point Visit

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Sheesh Kenny..Lighten up...I'm not the one who took this thread where it's gone from GV Jacks OP.....

You usually refrain from name calling on here....

Kenny

Well Known Member
Sheesh Kenny..Lighten up...I'm not the one who took this thread where it's gone from GV Jacks OP.....

You usually refrain from name calling on here....
I usually do, but I guess I just got tired of how you "usually" cover up mean spirited remarks with little guy's laying down laughing. Maybe that's all that it needed; and hey, you always want to stir things up, right?:grin:

Kenny

Well Known Member
OK, truth is I like you stirring things up, and you're not a Moron, but you need to stay on your toe's Joe, you're games way off.:cluck:

GV Jack

Snorin God
Wow....You know what? When I started this thread with an article on charity from The Green Valley News, I never dreamed we would end up with
an issue of True Confessions. I must say I'm glad we did. Now it's my turn.

My father was a bottle of anything he could get a day kinda guy. He woke up in the hospital and his doctor, who was one of his best friends was
standing there. He said, "Art, I want to shake your hand and say goodbye." My dad said, "Are you going somewhere?" He said, "No, but you are.
Your pancreas is trying to shut down and your next drink could well be your last." He quit that day and lived for many years thereafter.

I made an attempt in the late 70's to uphold the hereditary factor in alchoholism but I was a miserable failure. Instead of going into some kind of euphoria
of joy, or whatever it's supposed to do for you, I either fell asleep or got sick. Doomed, I have spent the rest of my life just having a drink or two before
and with dinner. Beer, glass of wine that's about it with the exception of visits to Rocky Point where one of Max's great Bloody Mary's is a must with breakfast.
In a nutshell, I'm really pretty boring.

I would like to thank you all for the information you have provided in this thread. It seems we all have our cross to bear. I for one have learned a great deal here.
I think I have lived so far from these things that I have complete and total naivitee regarding them. My only experience with drugs has come from Kris' situation and
that was from afar, with him in Ohio and me out here. Again thanks for sharing, I think it takes guts to do that.