Question about 4th of July

Hey all, since the 4th is on a Wednesday, will either the weekend before or after the 4th be a long one? Is everyone just celebrating mid-week with no extended holiday? I got a call yesterday from someone in government asking this question and I have no idea. I think the question came from concern over the comfort of Americans in relation to the Mexican elections. Any feedback might be useful.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I work for the state and we just get Wed. off. No long weekend....The elections are Sun., July first. That means June 29th, 30th and first are dry in Mexico......

Jim

I'm betting on the weekend after for the Las Vegas Night. Partially, because I think more will take off the Thursday and Friday after rather than the Monday and Tuesday before, and more importantly, because of the no alcohol weekend before.

Vegas Night to benefit DIF

Hopefully everyone will come down the weekend after July 4th and check out the Vegas Night to benefit DIF... You can purchase your tickets online via the PayPal link or at any or the Sonoran Sales Offices... or you can contact me and I will bring the tickets to you (as long as you are in Rocky Point)

Las Vegas Night | Sonoran Resorts

cwalsh

Definitely going down the weekend after! Myself and the group i am with will be there the 3rd to the 8th.

mondone

Whitecaps
Most businesses I know are observing Wednesday as a holiday this year. I believe Wednesday is the only day it is never moved. Sunday and Tuesday 4th's observed on the Monday, Thursday and Saturday 4th's observed on the Friday.