Reporting Cheaters

az-dan

Las Palomashas recently created an Email report address called:[email protected] to help in combating the deleterious effects whichthis practice brings to owner based vacation resorts. The unscrupulous ownerwho engages in this practice brings nothing positive to the property and in thelong term is actually working against his/her own best interest through thecontribution of the decrease in property values combined with the acquisitionof a less than stellar reputation as a vacation destination. RPR is alsoadopting the policy of requesting the reporting of these transgressions byintroducing two Email accounts for the purpose of accumulating actionable data.The addresses are: [email protected] and [email protected]. Somefacts to consider in your decision to participate, or not:
1. Theproperty becomes less competitive due to price undercutting.
2. Thesecheaters often participate in legal renting as well and it dilutes the pool forlegally renting owners.
3. Impact Fees, sales taxes and property taxesdecline because of cheaters then everyone else pays more. Even those that havenothing to do with these complexes pay more due to the lost income from taxes.
If you don’tlike the rules please sell and go somewhere else and if you are renting don’trent from cheaters because it’s not fair that everyone else that plays by therules pays more just because you want to save a few bucks. Please participate.

Isn't this a little odd coming from Las Palomas and other organizations that have stolen millions of dollars from the very people they now want others to report? Maybe someone should consider cleaning up the outright corruption at the developer level, rental agencies and at some of the HOA's before pointing their fingers at others. Save the crying, I don't rent my condo and never will so I don't fall into the above category. That said, my due diligence in deciding where to lease/purchase uncovered untold financial scandals at all levels.

Last edited:

mondone

Whitecaps
Las Palomashas recently created an Email report address called:[email protected] to help in combating the deleterious effects whichthis practice brings to owner based vacation resorts. The unscrupulous ownerwho engages in this practice brings nothing positive to the property and in thelong term is actually working against his/her own best interest through thecontribution of the decrease in property values combined with the acquisitionof a less than stellar reputation as a vacation destination. RPR is alsoadopting the policy of requesting the reporting of these transgressions byintroducing two Email accounts for the purpose of accumulating actionable data.The addresses are: [email protected] and [email protected]. Somefacts to consider in your decision to participate, or not:
1. Theproperty becomes less competitive due to price undercutting.
2. Thesecheaters often participate in legal renting as well and it dilutes the pool forlegally renting owners.
3. Impact Fees, sales taxes and property taxesdecline because of cheaters then everyone else pays more. Even those that havenothing to do with these complexes pay more due to the lost income from taxes.
If you don’tlike the rules please sell and go somewhere else and if you are renting don’trent from cheaters because it’s not fair that everyone else that plays by therules pays more just because you want to save a few bucks. Please participate.
:rofl:

jerry

Being able to cut your friends,family,business connections a inside deal is one of the good things about having had a little success in America the greatest country in the history of the world..no make that the whole universe . If I want the mason that was lead man on my crews over the years on projects we sweat blood on to be able to use my condo without some dick with a fake badge giving him grief that should be my right. A better idea is for Dryheat and his MMA fancy wrasslin friends to look for rouge Craigs list rentals and do some cage wrasslin in those units...that would end it

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
I don't think the resorts (those in the US and in Mexico) are pursuing owners who occassionally have a side rental to a friend or business partners (ex. co-workers uses your unit and gives you a $100 for wear and tear). We know that goes on everywhere, including many condo/resorts in the US with much stricter rental regulations. The problem are owners who rent under the table as a side business... those who are making it a business to undercut fellow owners in order to gain a rental. The problem are owners who rent to individuals they don't know (big difference from letting a friend or co-worker use it). What one does with a co-worker or friend is not the problem- that should be random and few in between (unlike some units who avg. 15-20 nightly rentals from guests that are all different and all under the table). The problem has become so big that scritiny is often needed until it is under control.

Being able to cut your friends,family,business connections a inside deal is one of the good things about having had a little success in America the greatest country in the history of the world..no make that the whole universe . If I want the mason that was lead man on my crews over the years on projects we sweat blood on to be able to use my condo without some dick with a fake badge giving him grief that should be my right. A better idea is for Dryheat and his MMA fancy wrasslin friends to look for rouge Craigs list rentals and do some cage wrasslin in those units...that would end it

Roberto

I find it real hard to blame the developers for policies and procedures effecting ownership of a property that the buyer agreed to in the first place. Read the damned contracts, understand what they say, if you don't like it, don't buy. Seems simple to a simpleton like me. At the same time I cannot comprehend how so much money could be stolen and nothing done about it. Maybe that was in the fine print of the contract ?? Or how an HOA can make policies that the ownership does not agree with, how does that happen?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Which is why... when my ship comes in, I'll pony up the big bucks for a property @ Puerta Privada.
Actually, I'll just buy Roberto's hacienda so he can go off somewhere else in Mexico and play.

Roberto

Wow Stuart, I was down at the Malecon and I saw your ship coming in, quite a grand one too ! Better get down here and sign the papers ! Oh and did I mention that I would be pleased to finance the sale of a person with the stellar credit rating you have ??

Last edited:

az-dan

Isn't this a little odd coming from Las Palomas and other organizations that have stolen millions of dollars from the very people they now want others to report? Maybe someone should consider cleaning up the outright corruption at the developer level, rental agencies and at some of the HOA's before pointing their fingers at others. Save the crying, I don't rent my condo and never will so I don't fall into the above category. That said, my due diligence in deciding where to lease/purchase uncovered untold financial scandals at all levels.
“Isn't this a little odd coming from Las Palomas and other organizations that have stolen millions of dollars from the very people they now want others to report?”
Wow you are way off base. First I posted this and I am an owner at Sea and have been for over 3 years and a regular visitor for over 30years. RPR is our management company has never stolen any money from us so your statement is absolutely false!
Maybe someone should consider cleaning upthe outright corruption at the developer level, rental agencies and at some ofthe HOA's before pointing their fingers at others.”
Again you are wrong, there has not been any developer corruption at the Sea. I don’tprofess to know anything about the other complexes. What personnel experience doyou have with the other complexes that make your opinion of value?

“Save thecrying, I don't rent my condo and never will so I don't fall into the abovecategory.”
Again you are wrong. Cheaters hurt everyone. Cheaters at Las Palomas or anywhere else reduce sthe rental pool, drive down fair pricing, increases the complex’s income (less impact fees), less taxes paid and in most cases no accountability if there isan unhappy or ripped off renter.

“That said, my due diligence in deciding where to lease/purchase uncovered untold financial scandals at all levels.”
I also did my due diligence and choose where to purchase. I read and understood the rules and I choose to live in a community that has these rules. When Cheaters who read and agreed to be bound by the same rules then decided for whateverreason not to follow them I have a problem.
I think it is odd how someone can on one hand be so critical of some “corruption” and then condone and argue in favor of other corruption. Rules are rules some we like and some we don’t but they are the rules if you can’t live by them then please don’t buy, rent or stay there.

Last edited:
Dan, you seem like you are more concerned about arguing and trying to be the moral compass for everyone than reading what I wrote. The post was regarding Las Palomas, I did not cite anything about any of the Sonoran properties.

Read my post again, I did not condone any behavior that you or others have labeled as “cheating”. I specifically stated that I would never do such a thing..

What I think is outright insanity is that a complex that has been riddled with problems since its inception can ask anyone to point out how someone is else is cheating. Last I checked, the “owners” of Las Palomas did read their contracts and placed their faith in the HOA and the rental pool. Many of these owners were then robbed blind by the very people they were legally obligated to “trust”.

I am fine with rules and regulations, let us not forget this a two way street and the developers and HOA also have an obligation to the people they represent. If you live in a complex where things are run in a proper manner, then this argument does not apply to you.

My position remains unchanged, maybe Las Palomas should first seek a way to refund the countless people who had their money stolen and then concern themselves with how they will PROFIT going forward.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Las Palomas is on track to remedy many of those issues that were created years ago. things are great over the last 2 years. owners owed rental income are on pace to be paid off by sept.

Dan, you seem like you are more concerned about arguing and trying to be the moral compass for everyone than reading what I wrote. The post was regarding Las Palomas, I did not cite anything about any of the Sonoran properties.

Read my post again, I did not condone any behavior that you or others have labeled as “cheating”. I specifically stated that I would never do such a thing..

What I think is outright insanity is that a complex that has been riddled with problems since its inception can ask anyone to point out how someone is else is cheating. Last I checked, the “owners” of Las Palomas did read their contracts and placed their faith in the HOA and the rental pool. Many of these owners were then robbed blind by the very people they were legally obligated to “trust”.

I am fine with rules and regulations, let us not forget this a two way street and the developers and HOA also have an obligation to the people they represent. If you live in a complex where things are run in a proper manner, then this argument does not apply to you.

My position remains unchanged, maybe Las Palomas should first seek a way to refund the countless people who had their money stolen and then concern themselves with how they will PROFIT going forward.

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
Well I am also at the Sea and yes actually READ my contract when I purchased .. and not in the rental pool nor every plan to be but might loan it to a family member or good friend at some point but for the people that are in the rental pool or bought it one in an attempt to be a money generating property I feel they should make sure the HOA and et al get the proper impact fees ... just my two cents ... otherwise I would have just bought las conchas or cholla if I ever thought i wanted to rent it out on mine own. But ours at the Sea is just for us to enjoy and maybe a friend or family someday to enjoy if we can't be there with them. So I actually think people should follow the rules they signed up for ... if they didn't read the rules then I too agree that was their mistake.... but I knew what I was buying into and the limitations/rules or an HOA and etc...

Las Palomas is on track to remedy many of those issues that were created years ago. things are great over the last 2 years. owners owed rental income are on pace to be paid off by sept.
Glad to hear this. Certainly you did not cause these problems, but you have to agree it would be hard for those who lost money to the rental pool to once again trust renting through this method until they have been made whole from prior misdeeds.

Dryheat....how can you say that?(the 2 year statement).....I recall some of the posts on here about 4-6 months ago to the contrary....maybe it is getting better....but "great"?????? :rofl::stir:

BTW....I don't have any interest in Las Palomas, and based on my overall feelings concerning HOAs (including in the US), would not, even if my "ship came in"....but a friend does.....I'm "trailer trash" and proud of it!

I don't understand 11% tax on some of these properties or why some of these property managers can't give you a call back when you are trying to rent a condo. Just saying. I think Ill stick with my rv thank you very much.

jerry

Puerta Privada is the answer
When Puerta Privada was being build wasn't the book keeper found dead in his car as he was trying to get out of town with big bucks taken from the management? hey it was about 2007 maybe another place..
Buy Bob's awesome house or build a small house and rent a condo or large house when needed is the real answer. Also if you can't climb down with a 30 foot rope or pull a case of beer up with said rope from your balcony you are too high up in this half assed city...junk trucks with bad ladders,failing elevators...a guy i know said elevator in RP is either a POS to begin with or under specified. CRRREEEK the cable strains..everyone gives a nervous laugh then....snap!!!!!!!

Last edited: