Restaurant List/Map

BootNHat

Well Known Member
All of the locals seem to go to the end of calle 18 for free parking and access to Sandy Beach. There are several small retail shops there also. It is between Penasco del Sol and Playa Bonita. Near Penasco del Sol there is a walk way down to that part of the beach too.

All of Mexico beaches are public but with a little effort we can control access to that beach and keep the riff-raff of of their own beaches.

DeniseAck

Well Known Member
Would anyone like to volunteer to put markers on the map? Other than the main roads and a few big side roads, I haven't got the faintest idea where to look for certain streets. And even with being on the "corner of x and x", I still wouldn't know which corner. I actually thought this map was open for collaboration already. I didn't create it, someone on here started it. I just added as much as possible to it. Everyone was so helpful on our first trip of where to go and what to see that I wanted to pay it forward. If anyone has a GPS or a smartphone and can get the coordinates of the place, I can definitely type that in to get a proper placemark.

FYI--If you want to use the map without wifi and chewing up international data, open the map while still connected to wifi to the area you want to reference, type "OK maps" in the search box, and the visible area will save for future access.

DeniseAck

Well Known Member
Also places that sell pig innards, cow heads and carnitas are all excellent and clean, there are too many to list, but they are the kind of places, that Anthony Bourdain or Andrew Zimmern might visit..
I don't think I'm quite up for innards or heads, but maybe someone else will be adventurous?

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
That was nice of you Denise to make that map..Everything is good if it is prepped the right way, I have probably eaten at least once in every restaurant on the list and sometimes I wished I was eating pig innards, they are absolutely delishes..I dont go to often, but when I do I like it..Most of the places that sell the pork products run out by noon and go home...

Bravo25

Would anyone like to volunteer to put markers on the map? Other than the main roads and a few big side roads, I haven't got the faintest idea where to look for certain streets. And even with being on the "corner of x and x", I still wouldn't know which corner. I actually thought this map was open for collaboration already. I didn't create it, someone on here started it. I just added as much as possible to it. Everyone was so helpful on our first trip of where to go and what to see that I wanted to pay it forward. If anyone has a GPS or a smartphone and can get the coordinates of the place, I can definitely type that in to get a proper placemark.

FYI--If you want to use the map without wifi and chewing up international data, open the map while still connected to wifi to the area you want to reference, type "OK maps" in the search box, and the visible area will save for future access.
This is the first time I tried to reply so I hope it works. The coordinates for Balboas are 31.307916 -113.545754. It should take you to their building. If it works I have others.

rplarry

Well Known Member
Hi all-- This map has been floating around for a while and I've added some more restaurants to it. How many have I missed? I also want to add links to their websites if possible. Work in progress.

Also, I only know a couple of the restaurants inside the condos on Sandy Beach. Can anyone help with that? (None listed on the map yet)

View attachment 6935
View attachment 6936
I noticed Reggie's on your list, but it was not on the actual map. Great place for take-out breakfast burritos, meat burritos, and bean burritos.

Thanks for all your work on the map. When finished, it will be very helpful for everyone.

rplarry

Well Known Member
I noticed Reggie's on your list, but it was not on the actual map. Great place for take-out breakfast burritos, meat burritos, and bean burritos.

Thanks for all your work on the map. When finished, it will be very helpful for everyone.
Also not on the map, Mariscos El Conchal . Located right next to Pollo Lucas on Benito Juarez Blvd. Some of the best, if not the best, seafood in town.

marjielovesmex

I love this map. Thank you so much.
I don't see Chef Mickeys place. It's on Fremont, west of Josepha. North side of Fremont. Is he still there? There was a big sign.....Chef,,,, restaurant is at the back of the plaza. Building has other businesses in front part. In the past he has moved locations several times. I hope he is still there. He was in best chef competition. His food is really good but kind of pricey. Not Mexican food. If what you want is not on menus he will make what you want. At least in the past he would.
I'm not in RP now or I'd go check out if he is still there.

DeniseAck

Well Known Member

I only have Reggies 8/12 which I thought was a donut place. Is the one you refer to different?

DeniseAck

Well Known Member
Both Reggies and and Mariscos El Conchal are now on the map.
Did I delete Reggies by mistake?

Also, I deleted the Emergency clinic on Sandy Beach by accident. Can someone replace it? Also, where is San Jose clinic? We had excellent care there for my son when he broke his collarbone and I'd like to put it on the map too. ( and hence the Nuevo Canzu behind it)
Also one of the best Chinese food restaurants in town is Nuevo Canzu. Located behind San Jose Clinic off Benito Juarez.

Bravo25

Did I delete Reggies by mistake?

Also, I deleted the Emergency clinic on Sandy Beach by accident. Can someone replace it? Also, where is San Jose clinic? We had excellent care there for my son when he broke his collarbone and I'd like to put it on the map too. ( and hence the Nuevo Canzu behind it)
The Sandy Beach Clinic is back on the map. Reggies looks OK. I don't know about the San Jose clinic or Nuevo Canzu. It would be good to list all the clinics and emergency services but I have never had to use any so I never logged them into my Google Earth.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Spent a few minutes with that map. Not to be negative but the following are in an incorrect location :City Hall, Rocky Point Times, Happy Face. It is the Tel Mex (Land lines and Internet) main office and Tel Cel Store.

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
This is the first time I tried to reply so I hope it works. The coordinates for Balboas are 31.307916 -113.545754. It should take you to their building. If it works I have others.
I thought Balboas was closed, have they re-oprened ?