Restaurant List/Map

Bravo25

Spent a few minutes with that map. Not to be negative but the following are in an incorrect location :City Hall, Rocky Point Times, Happy Face. It is the Tel Mex (Land lines and Internet) main office and Tel Cel Store.
I moved the placemarker for City Hall and Happy Face to where I think they are. If you know where their exact location is just move your mouse to that location and right click. This will bring up a small menu of six or seven items. Down near the bottom of the list is a "What's here?". Highlight it and left click. This will put a green arrow on that spot and up in the upper left corner to the right of the multi colored Google will be the coordinates for that location. Copy those coordinates and paste into a reply and I will move the placemarker to that spot. Thanx.

mondone

Whitecaps
Also not on the map, Mariscos El Conchal . Located right next to Pollo Lucas on Benito Juarez Blvd. Some of the best, if not the best, seafood in town.
Totally agree, awesome food especially the governor shrimp tacos, but boy-o-boy, it was so much better as the palapa as the noise level is horrendous in the new building. I hope they take some steps to change the acoustics in that place, or it's take-out only for me now.

rplarry

Both Reggies and and Mariscos El Conchal are now on the map.
Thanks for the help on Reggie's. One caveat though. On the map, Reggies is not located on the correct block. On the map it is located on the same street as Capone's, and Capone's is located on the map a block from where it is actually located.

Not sure who can correct this, but Reggie's should be on the NE corner of Sinaloa & 8 Va. (Heroico Colegio Militar). It is just 1 block south of Freemont and the bank. You can also put "Drunken Donuts" in the same location as Reggie's, as that is the name of the donut shop portion of Reggie's.

For Capone's, it is also incorrectly located on the map. it should be relocated on the map to the NW corner of Sinaloa & Andres' Quinten Roo. (just across from where Reggie's is incorrectly located)

Of course these aren't huge location errors, but if we can make it as accurate as possible and it is easy, no reason not to do so.

Thank you to whoever can make the changes.

Last edited:

Roberto

City Hall Main 31.309529 -113.539401
City Hall Annex 31.305867 -113.540478
Del Sol Hotel 31.305867 -113.547953
Pinacate condos and Villas 31.310125 -113.548447
Happy Face Massage 31.310693 -113.544777
RP Times Office 31.310648 -113543452
Gua gua 31.310744 -113.543002

Location marked as Gua Gua currently is Senorial Hotel on Calle 13
Senorial location also Revolution Bar,

Bravo25

Thanks for the help on Reggie's. One caveat though. On the map, Reggies is not located on the correct block. On the map it is located on the same street as Capone's, and Capone's is located on the map a block from where it is actually located.

Not sure who can correct this, but Reggie's should be on the NE corner of Sinaloa & 8 Va. (Heroico Colegio Militar). It is just 1 block south of Freemont and the bank. You can also put "Drunken Donuts" in the same location as Reggie's, as that is the name of the donut shop portion of Reggie's.

For Capone's, it is also incorrectly located on the map. it should be relocated on the map to the NW corner of Sinaloa & Andres' Quinten Roo. (just across from where Reggie's is incorrectly located)

Of course these aren't huge location errors, but if we can make it as accurate as possible and it is easy, no reason not to do so.

Thank you to whoever can make the changes.

Checked this morning and they appear to have been changed. Thanx.

Bravo25

City Hall Main 31.309529 -113.539401
City Hall Annex 31.305867 -113.540478
Del Sol Hotel 31.305867 -113.547953
Pinacate condos and Villas 31.310125 -113.548447
Happy Face Massage 31.310693 -113.544777
RP Times Office 31.310648 -113543452
Gua gua 31.310744 -113.543002

Location marked as Gua Gua currently is Senorial Hotel on Calle 13
Senorial location also Revolution Bar,
I've added the city hall main, annex, pinacate condos, happy face, guau guau, senorial hotel, and revolution bar.

Now for Del Sol Hotel do you mean the Penasco Del Sol across from Max's? The coordinates point to a building that seems to be on the Navy base. And the coordinates for the RP Times seem to point to an empty lot. Also, isn't there a fire station and red cross first aid squad on Fremont?

I haven't figured out how to mark new spots on the map or get coordinates, but the address for the Fire Department is:
Departamento Bomberos
Fremont 115, Centro, 83550
Puerto Peñasco, Sonora, Mexico Phone: +52 638 383 2828.
It's the largish building just to the east of the City Hall annex on Fremont

The Red Cross address is listed as:
Blvd Fremont #140
83550 Puerto Peñasco, Sonora
+52 638 383 2266 or [email protected]
It's across Fremont and to the east, near Combo Taco, but I can't tell exactly which building it is from the aerial view. Hope this helps.

Bravo25

I haven't figured out how to mark new spots on the map or get coordinates, but the address for the Fire Department is:
Departamento Bomberos
Fremont 115, Centro, 83550
Puerto Peñasco, Sonora, Mexico Phone: +52 638 383 2828.
It's the largish building just to the east of the City Hall annex on Fremont

The Red Cross address is listed as:
Blvd Fremont #140
83550 Puerto Peñasco, Sonora
+52 638 383 2266 or [email protected]
It's across Fremont and to the east, near Combo Taco, but I can't tell exactly which building it is from the aerial view. Hope this helps.
I was able to placemark the fire house and also the library. I remember the Cruz Roja being on the north side of Fremont but everything I see, including Google Earth, shows it on the south side opposite of Combo Taco so thats where I put it. Maybe they moved? To get the gps coordinates just scroll up to reply #41. It's real easy. To edit the placemarks you will need a Google account. There is a blue box in the upper right corner to sign in. Thanx.

This isn't an ad for T-Mobile. I have no vested interest in the company.

If you switch over to T-Mobile there are no data charges while traveling in Mexico (3G data).
Text's are free and phone call are 20 cents per minute, some calls are free in Mexico. Service in RP is very good.
I have 6 lines with 2.5GB of data on each line, it costs us $120 per month for everything. (hard to beat)

mondone

Whitecaps
I've been with T-Mobile for years and haven't had any reason to switch, whether in the US or Mexico, it has been good service. In Mexico, service in Encanto is weak, but in town it's fine. I have used their Wi-Fi calling feature in Encanto, so its never been an issue for me. Last year I switched to their Simple Choice plan (brokenwave's plan above) and wow, it can't be beat. I love it. No more roaming charges, text and data all you want and calls no longer $1.80/min. Its by far the best plan for any US/RP people.

BTW, I have no vested interest in the company either.

In the Phx/Scottsdale/San Diego area it's pretty good, I've been with T-mobile for almost 3 years and when we first switched from
Verizon to T-Mobile it was only OK, but better than Sprint.

Over the past 18 months T-Mobile's service has gotten much better and since they have started using the 4G/LTE service it's gotten really good.
Places I couldn't get 4g (usually 2g) data in the past, now have good 4G coverage. Their LTE service is really good.

We were in Oceanside Ca. last month and we had a friend visit us who had Verizon with a IPhone5 and she had to go outside to make calls while
we had 2-3 bars of service strength while inside the condo we were renting.

flicks

Wow. That's sounds wonderful. I HAD known people that had T-Mobile in the past & the reception wasn't so hot. A lot if dropped calls. I always was able to get service in RP with my Verizon, with no problem. BUT, now when my contract is up I think we might switch.:) Thanks for the info..

I was with Verizon before I switched over to T-Mobile almost 3 years ago, at first the Verizon was definitely
better but TM has quickly gotten as good as Verizon in the areas I could compare.
Recently, my brother had Verizon and we would signal strength and do speed tests side by side and
I can say TM is on par with Verizon.
He just switched to TM last week and his bill went from $110 to 60 with more data.

If you switch from Verizon you will have to buy new phone Verizon is CDMA and TM is GSM.
TM doesn't subsidize phones but you can buy a lot of phones with the difference in service costs.

Or you could wait, TM and Sprint have really changed the landscape of the mobile world.
I see Verizon has adjusted their plans in order to stay competitive.
They and ATT will have to offer more things and lower prices to be competitive.
The thing I love about TM is if you use your data allotment you don't get charged more they just
slow down your data to 2G speed which is what everyone had 4 years ago until the next month.
The others just charge you extra for each GB of data you use.