Rocky Point Crime: Are we there yet?

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
The break in and the shootings are related and started over a drink. There is also a good reason why there was no report from the guard gate, the attackers lived in Las Conchas. Home for years to many scoundrels, and most of them not Mexican.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Hey Russ; absolutely; Sorry, Mia culpa. You where on the road with the Travel guy. I assumed you and Rossie did the Radio Show together and she said it was discussed on the Radio. Again all assumptions and all wrong.

Accept my apology to using your Name in that post. You are one of the good guys.
No prob. I havent been on the radio with Rosie for a few months now - we (Naomi and I) are concentrating on our businesses as things seem to be taking off in a good way.

BIG MAC

It didn't actually say what the other acts of violence were, and I'm wondering why they were so vague about them; if they happened at all.
I asked my original question to see if anyone had specific's on the other three of the "four" reported attacks. It seems that there is always some vague warning as to the "additional" dangers of Mexico. Yet when you actually investigate them, they turn out to be baseless, or old news from a year or two ago that is being regurgitated to validate yet another State Department excuse to issue a PP specific travel warning a month before Labor day.

If anyone has info on the other attacks please post the facts. I visit PP +/- ten times a year and believe in staying informed and not getting riled by vague reports.

I am truly sick and tried of people using misdirection and changing the subject of all these crime reports. Yes the US has crime and murders...thank you Mr Obvious. Please stop the BS and use these forums to discuss and dissect the truth.

Now back to this topic...what are the facts??? Did a women get raped, Are the shootings and home invasion related??

Oh...so you understand where I'm coming from...Ive been going to Rocky Point for over 20 years and own a house in Los Conchas. And for the first time ever I had second thoughts about coming down.

GV Jack

Snorin God
The break in and the shootings are related and started over a drink. There is also a good reason why there was no report from the guard gate, the attackers lived in Las Conchas. Home for years to many scoundrels, and most of them not Mexican.
OK, Bill. I had a teacher who once asked me if I was just stupid or apethetic. I answered, I don't know and I don't care. So lets assume, at the beginning, that I am stupid.

I've been watching this story for a few weeks now and to tell the truth I cannot connect the dots. Your statement is the first one I've seen that appears to have a connection.
Let me see if I can figure this out by the sketchy information provided from various sources and stupid deductive skills.

It starts out with two groups of bad guys in a bar somewhere. One group lives in Las Conchas and the other group rents there.There are harsh
or angry words exchanged, but nothing bad transpires there. One group of bad guys goes back to the place they are renting in Las Conchas and
at some point, the other bad guys invade their place, take their stuff and rape the woman. That really pisses off the other bad guys so they finally,
after two days, catch up with bad guys 1 at the stadium/sports complex. Now the robees shoot the robors and flee down to Fremont. At that point
the police start shooting at the bad guys 2 and a gun fight evolves. An officer and a bad guy get killed there. It sounds like all participants except
for the police are bad guys.

This is what I put together out of the pieces lying all over the floor. Am I close to right or way off?

GV Jack

Snorin God
So you knew Jack and chose not to disclose on here...Can I ask you why you took that route!?
Wrong Playa...According to everyone in my life...I don't know Jack.

I just put two and two together from the posts and the stuff in the papers. It came up five. In the aircraft business we call it SWAG.

Scientific, Wild-Ass Guess. That's how we priced stuff.

Landshark

Sounds to me like you have the inside info on this Bill. Would you mind sharing the details with us?

Hooch

I bring my machete with me and sleep with it next to my pillow. You ever see the look on a mexicans face that just had his arm chopped off?

I believe the home invasion was targeted. It makes no other sense. There are dozens of vacant homes that could be broken into with no chance of violence. The hoa is keeping mum which I believe is wrong since they have a duty to inform us home owners.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
OK, Bill. I had a teacher who once asked me if I was just stupid or apethetic. I answered, I don't know and I don't care. So lets assume, at the beginning, that I am stupid.

I've been watching this story for a few weeks now and to tell the truth I cannot connect the dots. Your statement is the first one I've seen that appears to have a connection.
Let me see if I can figure this out by the sketchy information provided from various sources and stupid deductive skills.

It starts out with two groups of bad guys in a bar somewhere. One group lives in Las Conchas and the other group rents there.There are harsh
or angry words exchanged, but nothing bad transpires there. One group of bad guys goes back to the place they are renting in Las Conchas and
at some point, the other bad guys invade their place, take their stuff and rape the woman. That really pisses off the other bad guys so they finally,
after two days, catch up with bad guys 1 at the stadium/sports complex. Now the robees shoot the robors and flee down to Fremont. At that point
the police start shooting at the bad guys 2 and a gun fight evolves. An officer and a bad guy get killed there. It sounds like all participants except
for the police are bad guys.

This is what I put together out of the pieces lying all over the floor. Am I close to right or way off?
Jack- I think your brilliant deduction of the sequence of events is only missing one minor (but critical) detail:

You forgot the part where the police mistook the grey-haired gringo from Green Valley for one of the bad guys, apprehended him, and threw his criminal ass in the hooskow for jaywalking, driving on the wrong side of a one-way street, and failing to yield to an old lady in the crosswalk...

Little did they know that they were actually saving this dangerous threat to society's life; since he was unable to be present at the deadly gunfight that took place several minutes later....

So you and Russ knew about it but did not share with the RPTalk community? It takes a front page article (Todays Tucson star) and a Consulate warning to make this board? This board is suppose to break news not follow it. And this happend 2 days before the shooting in town and three days before the Aurora Shooting so it is not a reason that this missed the press. This was placed under the rug for eyes outside not to see or talk about.

What I think is that CONDO's, HOTELS and the Mayan will benefit being secured locations vs free standing homes.
As Russ has pointed out, we aren't joined at the hip. Just because I know something, there's no need to assume he does, and vice versa. The Las Conchas robbery was reported on the radio's morning news show. The next day, the story was recanted. I wasn't about to come running over here with a so-called scoop without first getting some reliable information. Two days later the shooting happened, in my first post on the shooting, I mentioned that “A band of bad guys from out of town (Caborca) have been rumored to be behind some recent thievery in Penasco”.

No one is placing anything under the rug. For days, I’ve been fielding calls from clients and reporters with questions, and made an effort to answer as straightforwardly as possible while still being careful not to run with rumors or fuel other people’s agendas. Has it occurred to you that in many cases victims ask that attention not be brought to what’s happened to them? Add to that the fact that, when an investigation is ongoing, law enforcement often withholds information from the media and the public.

If sometimes I’m privy to information because people trust me, I don’t take that lightly and and won't abuse confidences. When I had a weekly online newspaper, I met my obligation to keep people informed. I gave that up because I got too busy, had no technical help and it didn’t pay. Why is this board “supposed to break news”? As much as I’d like to be considered helpful, I’m under no obligation to come running overhere with every bit of info that crosses my path. Usually I wait until I see someone driving us off into Rumorsville before I pipe in with a correction.