Rocky Point Falling On Hard Times

Too Funny... I guess this writer can take a photo and base any kind of spin he wants to put on it to give his readers the negitivity he wants them to see...

I do agree about one thing... that skeleton of a hi-rise is disgusting... I feel so sorry for the people that had invested thinking they were getting a condo and all they did was make some sales person a comission... I heard they were holding an auction to sell that mess and no one even bid on it...

I wish they would take that rusty eye sore down...

There ia a skeleton of a hi-rise down east of Playa Encanto too. I don't recall the name it WAS called.
Again, the sad part is someone made a profit selling condos that will never be finished and the skeletons of which are looking like a boil on the ass of the earth... I'm not against condo developements or their owners, but I am against developers and sales people that are making a profit ripping off the buyers who in turn get a negitive feeling for Penasco and then fuel the fire for the negitive press that is out there about Rocky Point...

What are they talking about w/ the new story as the sheriff was shot up at a routine traffic stop??? I don't recall seeing anything on here beyond that he was called over from dinner at a local restaurant to the Bimbo distributor. ***AND that there were warnings earlier in the day on the police department's OWN channel to back off or else.***

And that skeleton wasn't there in 2007 in front of the dive shop, correct? Wasn't most of it erected in mid-'09?

Last edited:
Too Funny... I guess this writer can take a photo and base any kind of spin he wants to put on it to give his readers the negitivity he wants them to see...

I do agree about one thing... that skeleton of a hi-rise is disgusting... I feel so sorry for the people that had invested thinking they were getting a condo and all they did was make some sales person a comission... I heard they were holding an auction to sell that mess and no one even bid on it...

I wish they would take that rusty eye sore down...
I saw during my visit on the 4th that they were finally taking down the crane.....everytime I drove down there I was worrying that it would topple over.....what do they plan to do to take down the actual structure...implode it???

And that skeleton wasn't there in 2007 in front of the dive shop, correct? Wasn't most of it erected in mid-'09?
I think was started in 07 because we had my 50th birthday party with my amigos at la bajada (the ramp) and I remember they moved the Jeffa's little shack so they could start construction... another sad part of that mess is that several workers fell to their deaths on that project... I sure do hope that developer and the sales people involved feel good about their winfalls from this...

Last edited:

MIRAMAR

The condo project east of Encanto which was started then stopped is/was Playa Azul. Riviera Real had a sales office and model, but never seemed to start was just east of Playa Azul.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I saw during my visit on the 4th that they were finally taking down the crane.....everytime I drove down there I was worrying that it would topple over.....what do they plan to do to take down the actual structure...implode it???
Isn't that squeleton built with a slope instead of staright, therefore the reason why they stopped construction? or it started to sink?, either way the construction company should be held accountable and demolished it!!

Last edited:

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Isn't that squeleton built with a slope instead of staright, therefore the reason why they stopped construction? or it started to sink?, either way the construction company should be held accountable and demolished it!!
Larry Large- Hey Larry I met an engineer from Hermosillo a couple of years ago that had drawings for that building and it was going to be turned into a Holiday Inn with a marina. (after sales for condos dropped in penasco) What happened to that? That would have been huge for Puerto Penasco.

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Larry Large- Hey Larry I met an engineer from Hermosillo a couple of years ago that had drawings for that building and it was going to be turned into a Holiday Inn with a marina. What happened to that? That would have been huge for Puerto Penasco.
aka: Derek or maybe not!! so is the structure tilt or not? if not then it can be re-used unless the steel has to much rust!!

playaperro

El Pirata
Did the Sale's People Know They Were Part of The scam....

Again, the sad part is someone made a profit selling condos that will never be finished and the skeletons of which are looking like a boil on the ass of the earth... I'm not against condo developements or their owners, but I am against developers and sales people that are making a profit ripping off the buyers who in turn get a negitive feeling for Penasco and then fuel the fire for the negitive press that is out there about Rocky Point...
Never had a Boil on my :moon: Amigo, but I heard the joke about 40 years ago. Anyway you
are so correct with your statement.

falsent

I miss Duna's
Looks like a lot of people are skipping their trip this year...because news like this

I am headed down in 2 weeks for 4 nights. How is it down there this time of year? Anything I need to worry about?

Never had a Boil on my :moon: Amigo, but I heard the joke about 40 years ago. Anyway you
are so correct with your statement.

Dog... you asked a good question... Did the Sale's People Know They Were Part of The scam.... no, they probably didn't, it would be nice if there were some sort of protection in place that no commissions are paid until condos are delivered... my apology to the sales people...

playaperro

El Pirata
Raul, don't know who Raul is just picked a name. see you got another pompom, LOL...where did you get the u in gitano? Read about Happy on the Gringita's forum.
Hey Amigo we lived another day and we'll hook up again manana...
Your Buddy
Playa