Rocky Point Ramblings

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I thought this was a talk oriented format. There was a little banter in the beginning and then music?
Its mostly talk but we throw in about 10 songs within the 2 hours to keep it somewhat interesting, if you have suggestions we want to hear from you!

loco

Its mostly talk but we throw in about 10 songs within the 2 hours to keep it somewhat interesting, if you have suggestions we want to hear from you!
Hi Rosie, I think people would rather hear more "Rocky Point Talk" then music. People are going to tune in for one or the other. If they want Music they can get it....the other 22 hours on saturday. The other 2 hours should be you and the people of Rocky point. Have people call in, bring in special guests, broadcast live from different parts of town. Damn, make it a Party. Just my opinion I'm going to bed, goodnight.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Poster for Rocky Point Ramblings

Heres the poster my son Braden did for us for the show

Rocky Point Ramblings Poster 12-7-10.jpg

Last edited:
hahahah...stars, huh? That was funny. I never heard the Beth and Bill show, but we frequently get comments comparing us. I wish we could do more talk, but the station managers are as yet unfamiliar with our audience and what we need. It's a constant hassle to even get them to let us pick the music, which we're much better at than they are, for sure. Russ has done a good job so far of picking stuff from their selection. I cannot see the screen from where I sit, so it's on Russ.

Another suggestion that's been made is that the commercial spots be more spaced out...not such a long block of them at once. Hopefully we can tweak the details and get this to where it's a better show. Thanks to you all for the input and especially Loco for the help the other day. We are trying to implement some of your ideas, but everything is moving very...s-l-o-w-l-y.