Romantic or cool restaurant?

badfish

Bueno all! I need a little help. My wife and i are pretty much a regular in RP. I proposed to here 2 years ago there, we spent part of our honey moon there, and now we are going there in October like we do every year. The only difference is this will be our first anniversary.

We go down several times a year. We have been to most of the local haunts. So i am looking for some thing a little more romantic or nicer than the usual taco stand, La Curva, or the shack down the road.

We have been to a lot of places. So it may be easier to say where we haven't been.
We have never been to The Friendly Dolphin. We have driven by it a million times but always have got mixed reviews. We haven't been to any of the fine dining restaurants on sandy beach. We mostly stay over on the Mirador. We have eaten at all the places at the Malecon except for the Point.

I am asking yalls help on finding a nicer place with great food. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

badfish

Thanks Russ. We were at Wrecked at the Reef in June. It is a lot nicer than the beat down blue box that it used to be.

Try El Capitan or the Lighthouse.....at sunset....you can't beat the view. The food at El Capitan can be good...or mediocre.....haven't had any complaints at the Lighthouse the few times I've been there. The Lighthouse is a bit more intimate.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I have not been to Mare Blu since Chef Luca left however it is a nice location, if you want something romantic and good food I will say The Lighthouse up in the hill on the way to the fish market/Malecon next to La Casa del Capitan, both are the perfect place to be at sunset having a drink and then a nice dinner, I personally prefer The Lighthouse when it comes to food, very romantic.
Pane e Vino has delicious food, nice decor but lacks the views and possibly the romanticism, although if you go with your lady at night with the dimmed lights might be romantic too!!!

badfish

Thanks for the replies every one! We have been to the Lighthouse and El Capitan. What about the Citron or one of those other resort restaunts?

Pane e Vino was wonderful again last night. No view, but cozy, intimate setting and nice decor. Can't beat the food. Lighthouse and Casa de Capitan have the views. Wherever you choose, you bring the romance...

badfish

Thanks every one. I think I have decided on Pane e Vino. I have read that they have a very limited wine list. Do you think Luca would allow me to bring a bottle of my wife's favorite wine?

Last edited:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
My friends just ate at Pane e Vino last week and said he had wonderful wine. I'll find ou
t what she drank, she just raved about it!

badfish

Ladyjeeper, that would be great. Her favorite wine is Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio. She would be fine with Bella Serra or Cavit. Hell, she would be fine with a Dos Equis. I understand it's RP but I just want to make it a little more special.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Thanks every one. I think I have decided on Pane e Vino. I have read that they have a very limited wine list. Do you think Luca would allow me to bring a bottle of my wife's favorite wine?
Chef Luca is a member here you could PM him and ask him about your personal preference, I am sure he will be able to help

mondone

Whitecaps
All really good recommendations. Another one the wife and I always seem to gravitate to when we come down is Puesta del Sol at the Playa Bonita. Many times we have set out to try something new and end up just going there since the food and service is consistantly good. Lately we have sat out on the patio, but the inside room can be a nice intimate setting.

All really good recommendations. Another one the wife and I always seem to gravitate to when we come down is Puesta del Sol at the Playa Bonita. Many times we have set out to try something new and end up just going there since the food and service is consistantly good. Lately we have sat out on the patio, but the inside room can be a nice intimate setting.
How is the dinner there? We've only really had breakfast at Puesta del Sol.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Naomi and I went there last night and ordered a large Shrimp Coctail and a cheeseburger and everything was great as always. They also have a great view and it was pretty busy in the restaurant last night.

mondone

Whitecaps
Dinner is excellente! Personal favorites are the entree served in a piping hot Molcajete, that has shrimp, veggies, strips of beef, and melted gooey cheeses, and other stuff. And the Parilla entree served on a Mexican type of hibachi grill with seafoods veggies and stuff, and their fish filet dishes. Something not on the menu, but really neat to order on a special night is the Tequila Shrimp entree, which is totally prepared tableside. It's a tasty dish, but more of a showy thing with all the flaming in the pan that goes on during the cooking with various liquores and the tequila. Makes for a special evening!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Badfish,
The only thing they could tell me was that it was Chianti. It was 8 bucks a glass but they said it was really good!