RP/RCPM this weekend

• Thread starter colemanscottage
  • Start date

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Logical thinking folks thats all it takes.
Indeed.

Roger Clyne fans are probably an exception to the rule, Russ. Most are older (not tween Miley Cyrus types or Spring Breakers), fairly well-off, have been following the band for years, have been to Circus Mexicus events (and Mexico) in the past, love Roger and his music and how it relates to Penasco, and would probably follow Roger to the very Gates of Hell if he decided to put on a show there. Count me among them.

I'm glad the numbers were good! Penasco needed it badly. What is a shame is that you won't see a single mention of any of this in the media. Why? It's positive; it's *good* news. It's not drug violence, beheadings, police shootings, swine flu, etc.

I would personally welcome *anyone* from an Arizona major media outlet to accompany me on a trip to Rocky Point. To visit the places I visit, to come fishing with me, to go out to dinner with me, to talk with the locals I interact with, to get the **real story** about Rocky Point, and then publish it as a segment on the evening news or in the paper.

I dare you. Any of you.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Stuart are you living in Mex or the US? If the US can you post your dare to the networks directly. I can take whoever wants golfing on me at Las Palomas. Eat at one of the many restaurants on the Malecon or 4 star it at sandy beach. I all in on positive promotion (its where i make money for tortillas) I am here in Penasco full time and ready to rock! BTW there were probably 200-250 people at the show for the first time and they were younger according to a non scientific question asked!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
M4 Funny you should say something about the Mex Gvt investing. They are going to spend something like 90 million dollars (not pesos) on worldwide advertising campaign for all the hot spots in Mexico and Penasco will be included.

M

m4shawn

What is a shame is that you won't see a single mention of any of this in the media. Why?...it's *good* news. It's not drug violence, beheadings, police shootings, swine flu..

I would personally welcome *anyone* from an Arizona major media outlet to accompany me on a trip to Rocky Point...to get the **real story** about Rocky Point..
I dare you. Any of you.
:!:Asbo-freakin-lutely Stuart! You are exactly right about the American media - they will only feed off a story they can exploit for fear to grab viewers attentions in the most salacious way. A good news story that is entirely relevant because it contradicts the hysteria isn't one they have the integrity to report. Hell, if they wanted to they could even milk their Fear Fu** and Fiction Fantasy by reporting it from the angle of, "Foolish Americans still flock to Peurto Penasco for good times, music and Margaritas."

I emailed all 4 Phoenix news stations and 3 newspapers to try to get them to send a crew to do a small but different perspectived story when I threw my volleyball event April 4th - even proposed the angle I just mentioned if they wanted in hopes of appealing to their crass oportunistic instincts. Not one bit.:roll:

M

m4shawn

M4 Funny you should say something about the Mex Gvt investing. They are going to spend something like 90 million dollars (not pesos) on worldwide advertising campaign for all the hot spots in Mexico and Penasco will be included.
:):mexico:NICE! That is good to hear. I hope they get an effective company to run the campaign and they are as smart and strategic as possible. Do you have any links to a story/report on this, Russ?

J

Jamie75

Indeed.

Roger Clyne fans are probably an exception to the rule, Russ. Most are older (not tween Miley Cyrus types or Spring Breakers), fairly well-off, have been following the band for years, have been to Circus Mexicus events (and Mexico) in the past, love Roger and his music and how it relates to Penasco, and would probably follow Roger to the very Gates of Hell if he decided to put on a show there. Count me among them.

I'm glad the numbers were good! Penasco needed it badly. What is a shame is that you won't see a single mention of any of this in the media. Why? It's positive; it's *good* news. It's not drug violence, beheadings, police shootings, swine flu, etc.

I would personally welcome *anyone* from an Arizona major media outlet to accompany me on a trip to Rocky Point. To visit the places I visit, to come fishing with me, to go out to dinner with me, to talk with the locals I interact with, to get the **real story** about Rocky Point, and then publish it as a segment on the evening news or in the paper.

I dare you. Any of you.
I was standing next to Brad Perry from Channel 3 in VIP. He has been down the past 4 or 5 shows in the VIP section. I don't watch channel 3, I would rather watch paint dry, so I don't know if he ever talks about Penasco or not...it would be nice if he mentioned how SAFE and ENJOYABLE his trip was....

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Here is a story my wife did right after the show, its a good one!
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]They Grabbed Their Passports and Came! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Contributed by Penasco Recreation [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The first weekend in Mexico after the Passport law was to go into affect….What would it hold? Business owners across Mexico were certainly pondering this question. However, for Puerto Penasco the answer is a resounding positive! Weddings, fishing trips and, of course the widely advertised Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers Circus Mexicus concert brought visitors to Penasco en masse! Local business owners were certainly relieved to see that this first weekend in June did not suffer from the Passport issue. Here are a few Monday morning responses about the weekend: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“After the dust cleared and the last bag of ice melted.... all I can say is that Rogers Fans are "AWESOME"....I never met so many polite and generous people who were living the life in Mexico....Even when our beer wasn't as cold as it could be, no one complained.....living the life in Mexico....Like I always say..."if you are not living in Mexico you are not Living!"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mike Tobin of Chango’s [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“I had a wonderful week! The Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers concert brought over 2000 people to enjoy the great music, sand, full moon and fireworks. But there was a fabulous wedding at Las Palomas…my [employees] were busy all week (not just the weekend) and we still have appointments from people who came down for the concert on Monday! Weather was fantastic and the energy in the air is great!” [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rita Pizarro of Rita's Spa Services [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Yes! It was a great weekend in Rocky Point. And we are happy to report that, Pancho Villa Boat Charters, stayed consistently busy throughout the weekend. We had a group of El Mirage police officers on board for an overnight fishing trip that was an awesome success bringing in one 65lb grouper and five large red snapper. The guys were so excited, that they were planning their second trip as they were loading their trucks to leave… this is the best form of advertising that Rocky Point is very safe, swine flu free, and an awesome vacation destination. There is no denying that the weather has been awesome…Everyone on board went home with a big fish story. They also said that they were going to let everyone in the El Mirage police department know what a great place Rocky Point is for a great vacation.”[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Captain Ray Ramirez of Pancho Villa Boat Charters [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“What a weekend we had here in Puerto Penasco! This weekend was a shining testament to what we have here in Mexico… Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers kicked it at Changos. It was an awesome setting as the full moon highlighted the festivities. Roger and the band once again did a great show. Good times were had by all, evidenced by the full house 'till the band finally stopped after several encores. Oh yes, and there were lots of real estate clients down here as well... Investors are really starting to search for their piece of our paradise, realizing that this market has tipped in their favor in a serious way.” [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kent B White of Realty Executives

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“We had the best weekend in two years!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Maxi at Sonoran Grill[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“It’s been great for business…the day before and today after the concert [The Tequila Factory] has been booming with people... This weekend was good for business from the Mirador area to Cholla Bay. Although my employees did not attend the concert, they sure enjoyed the amount of people, work and tips they had. It was a fun weekend all round from clients to workers. Even as I write this, there are three groups of visitors tasting, learning and just having a good time here at the Tequila Factory.” [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Manny Sanchez of Manny’s Tequila Factory[/FONT]