Santo Tomas beach front lots...bargains!

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Nice place......

For Fringe-toed Sand Lizards!

I like the one that's been for sale for years now, you know, the one with a twenty foot dune in the living room, all fixtures stolen, windows blown out and the Sand Lizards just loving the shaded view of Isla San Jorge.

Last summer we were given the third degree by a woman in the house at the entry point of the development. She asked me what we wanted, I said to go to the beach, she said driving on the beach is not permitted, I backed up my Jeep a few feet, made a right turn and drove up over the dune. She just stood there, mouth agape, then went back into her house. We got down to the beach saw dozens of quad tracks, a few truck tracks then added our Jeep tracks to the "not permitted" beach sands.

JJ

jerry

Well Known Member
Nice place......

For Fringe-toed Sand Lizards!

I like the one that's been for sale for years now, you know, the one with a twenty foot dune in the living room, all fixtures stolen, windows blown out and the Sand Lizards just loving the shaded view of Isla San Jorge.

Last summer we were given the third degree by a woman in the house at the entry point of the development. She asked me what we wanted, I said to go to the beach, she said driving on the beach is not permitted, I backed up my Jeep a few feet, made a right turn and drove up over the dune. She just stood there, mouth agape, then went back into her house. We got down to the beach saw dozens of quad tracks, a few truck tracks then added our Jeep tracks to the "not permitted" beach sands.

JJ
JJ have you seen the school for teenagers with insane parents captives on the beach lately...place is for sale...

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Jerry...........

Now that's what I'm a wanting. The place has jail cells, a mess hall and a big outboard powered catamaran, their own private beach for launch. The multi-story masters quarters is like a guard tower designed to keep the nasty young rascals under control. Any idea of the asking price?

Remember my post last summer about them? It was a balmy September 110 degree day with 98% humidity. We were cruising along the beach when I saw a quad stuck in the mud about a mile out. There were a few of those kids on the beach and another bunch out in the mud. I expected them to ask for a tow but instead wanted us to take em to PP as they were going to get their butts beat for loosing the quad and had not contacted the gulag guards about the mishap in the mud.

JJ

jerry

Well Known Member
Funny...the issue is if they can legally sell it...Roberto says no......on point to point site 250 k.not much if no one shows up the next day and kicks you out.

Last edited:

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
But, but, butt...........

Is the gulag still in operation? Three weeks ago I saw a guy painting a new billboard sized sign at the entrance to Bahia San Jorge. There was a new steel gate and the ancient old lady gatekeeper was nowhere in sight. If it is in fact vacated then someone could use the Mexican squatter laws and just move into the complex. They could prove that they are making a go at it by planting a few Date Palms and some citrus trees.

Back to the Dunas II fiasco, moving north up the beach from the dune inundated luxury home that I described above there is yet another jewel. It's the one with the palatial style forty steps from the beach up to the patio with fifty feet of 4'x8' glass windows and sliding glass doors. Last summer we decided to take a closer look at that half million dollar shack. The first thing we were exposed to was the overwhelming stench of rotting fish eminating from the place. Inside were hundreds of thousands of those big black carcass licking beach flies. Most had entered thru the broken glass doors then got stuck against the still intact windows. There were dead heaps of them three or four inches deep. Again, all of the furniture and fixtures had been pilfered. There was an iron staircase leading up to the roof top patio with a steel door at the top. The floor below the staircase was covered with fish bits, fish bones and scales and a nasty layer of stinking black semi-solid goop. Above on the walls of the staircase was a group of Fish Eating Bats. You know, the ones that drag their special long hooked toenail through the water and snag Sardinas and other small fish. There was a pair of flycatchers, the Say's Phoebe cashing in on the fly feast as well as a whole lot of lizards, mostly the Fringe Toed Sand Lizards and some Zebra Tailed Lizards.

We stopped for a look on our last trip and the bats were gone but the Phoebe pair was still there as well a a pair of Ravens roosting on the fire place that flew out the back door when they saw us. I'm sure that those bats are seasonal, coming up the Gulf in the summer when the fishing is good.

JJ

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
View attachment 8813 Scott and Kathy took this a few months ago...ate the White Sea bass in two bites
Nice! Looks like somebody took a bite out of him, too! (front fin)

Clarke from Frenchy's was fishing with a couple guys last weekend out of Lobos and they caught two makos, LARGE makos! Saw the pics posted up on Facebook. I don't deliberately target them (sharks), but have caught and ate some little black-tips, and to this day, have only caught and brought in one large shark. I just wish makos ate sea lions instead of fish!

jerry

Well Known Member
But, but, butt...........

Is the gulag still in operation? Three weeks ago I saw a guy painting a new billboard sized sign at the entrance to Bahia San Jorge. There was a new steel gate and the ancient old lady gatekeeper was nowhere in sight. If it is in fact vacated then someone could use the Mexican squatter laws and just move into the complex. They could prove that they are making a go at it by planting a few Date Palms and some citrus trees.

Back to the Dunas II fiasco, moving north up the beach from the dune inundated luxury home that I described above there is yet another jewel. It's the one with the palatial style forty steps from the beach up to the patio with fifty feet of 4'x8' glass windows and sliding glass doors. Last summer we decided to take a closer look at that half million dollar shack. The first thing we were exposed to was the overwhelming stench of rotting fish eminating from the place. Inside were hundreds of thousands of those big black carcass licking beach flies. Most had entered thru the broken glass doors then got stuck against the still intact windows. There were dead heaps of them three or four inches deep. Again, all of the furniture and fixtures had been pilfered. There was an iron staircase leading up to the roof top patio with a steel door at the top. The floor below the staircase was covered with fish bits, fish bones and scales and a nasty layer of stinking black semi-solid goop. Above on the walls of the staircase was a group of Fish Eating Bats. You know, the ones that drag their special long hooked toenail through the water and snag Sardinas and other small fish. There was a pair of flycatchers, the Say's Phoebe cashing in on the fly feast as well as a whole lot of lizards, mostly the Fringe Toed Sand Lizards and some Zebra Tailed Lizards.

We stopped for a look on our last trip and the bats were gone but the Phoebe pair was still there as well a a pair of Ravens roosting on the fire place that flew out the back door when they saw us. I'm sure that those bats are seasonal, coming up the Gulf in the summer when the fishing is good.

JJ
Not sure if the prison for teenagers being teenagers is still going....Playa Paloma actually has a new blue house....when big winds hit the sand dunes in front of entry doors are epic....http://playapaloma.com/index.html

danwerle

I Just spoke with Richard Goy, He is the controlling partner for Playa Privida.
He had an expanation for the house buried in the sand, said the owner just stopped using it.
The entire line of lots were sold for $300K plus during the boom most were forclosed......Im told
Where is the listing for the house buired in the sand?
Hes going to send me some info on the development, says theres power, water to each lot already.
Will share what I get.
Dan

jerry

Well Known Member
stuff is starting to sell again! which is good and bad.....hope we have enough water for the god damn pool they are building infront of the now all sold condo 8 plex10211623989617223.jpg