Saying hello, and asking my gringolandia questions now that I am moving to Rocky Point

Could you please start your own thread-this keeps popping up as I am the OP, and no one is answering my questions, as this has been now changed topics....THANKS.

Could you please start your own thread-this keeps popping up as I am the OP, and no one is answering my questions, as this has been now changed topics....THANKS.
You better get used to the thread wondering and hi-jacking, it happens on most every thread.
Maybe a posting etiquette class is needed to keep the strayer's on course.;)

You better get used to the thread wondering and hi-jacking, it happens on most every thread.
Maybe a posting etiquette class is needed to keep the strayer's on course.;)
GOOD TO KNOW! I won't be so uh, confused? So, back to my question: how many Gringo's are in town yr round would you say?

As far as full time residents go, In Cholla Bay the Gringo population goes from approx. 150-250 Oct-June to under 40 from late June until early October.
It becomes eerily quiet as most Gringos have left for more temperate climates. You will get surges of people on the weekends during the hot months.
I would imagine Penasco would be 8-10X that many.

So, you live in Cholla Bay then? I am considering a property there, full time.
Yes it is a quiet little community made up of retirees, locals, and the weekend visitors. It literally explodes on busy holidays.
The only issues are having to order water (not usually an issue), traveling the wash board dirt road to get into town for almost everything,
After awhile (your car will get beat up from it and everything will start to rattle).

There are 2 small stores that have a decent amount food/stuff variety. No gas station, a few restaurants and JJ's.
They a bit expensive because of the convenience and have a captive audience. Cholla is 7-8 miles from central RP.
The night skies for star gazing are wonderful.

Yes it is a quiet little community made up of retirees, locals, and the weekend visitors. It literally explodes on busy holidays.
The only issues are having to order water (not usually an issue), traveling the wash board dirt road to get into town for almost everything,
After awhile (your car will get beat up from it and everything will start to rattle).

There are 2 small stores that have a decent amount food/stuff variety. No gas station, a few restaurants and JJ's.
They a bit expensive because of the convenience and have a captive audience. Cholla is 7-8 miles from central RP.
The night skies for star gazing are wonderful.
Mind if I ask your name? Maybe when I come out we could meet up?
I am essentially retiring, early. I am unsure if Cholla or In town/Mirador is where I will end up. (Las Conchas and the east beaches are out of my price range)

MIRAMAR

"Could you please start your own thread-this keeps popping up as I am the OP, and no one is answering my questions, as this has been now changed topics....THANKS."
Yes Julie, no one is the owner of a thread, even the OP. You can just re-ask the question.

"Could you please start your own thread-this keeps popping up as I am the OP, and no one is answering my questions, as this has been now changed topics....THANKS."
Yes Julie, no one is the owner of a thread, even the OP. You can just re-ask the question.
Ummmm, is this the moderator? If not, then this is common knowledge among all forums, so as to not have things wander all over the place, and it keeps people on topic for those in the future having the same question.
If this is not how it is done here, then it is unique.

MIRAMAR

No, I'm not the moderator, just a poster, but we like open discussions (minus political bents) so welcome and enjoy.

Reactions: ron
Julie,
The is a nice house house for sale in Pinto Canyon. It has a small house that you access from an upper road and a garage with a studio apartment above it. Its a very quiet area of Cholla bay.
Rick

Julie,
The is a nice house house for sale in Pinto Canyon. It has a small house that you access from an upper road and a garage with a studio apartment above it. Its a very quiet area of Cholla bay.
Rick
Was this supposed to have a picture on it or something?

The property that Rick mentioned has an asking price of $249K, it's been for sale for 18 months. It is a lot of property with an excellent water view.
It is about 200 feet from my place on Pinto point.
I don't know what your price range is, And, NO, I'm not an agent.

The thing about many houses in Mexico is that when people build something it is done without building permits, insulation, dual pane windows etc.
are usually not installed or done using minimal quality products. many houses are built without termite pre-treatment and there are lots of termites
in Mexico. Some of the houses being built are done using good quality products.

The good news is that an older house can usually be upgraded without a huge cost involved. But be prepared to spend some $$ to modernize your purchase.
You will need to put some good insulation and windows in or your electric bills will be huge.

There are pitfalls with buying in Mexico, many places don't have title insurance, bank trusts (depends on where you buy) and watch out for the capitol gains tax
being passed on to the new buyer because of a crooked real estate agent.

The Big item is that there is a lot of property for sale and if you decide you don't like RP anymore, be prepared to not re-coup your investment for awhile
because only the choice stuff sells quickly or you have to do a fire sale to get rid of it.
If you decide to buy something that needs work, I know of a few dependable, quality and affordable contractors I could introduce you to.
If you want to talk more, PM me using the forums conversation feature.
My name is Bob and I am in RP 40-50 days a year.

The property that Rick mentioned has an asking price of $249K, it's been for sale for 18 months. It is a lot of property with an excellent water view.
It is about 200 feet from my place on Pinto point.
I don't know what your price range is, And, NO, I'm not an agent.

The thing about many houses in Mexico is that when people build something it is done without building permits, insulation, dual pane windows etc.
are usually not installed or done using minimal quality products. many houses are built without termite pre-treatment and there are lots of termites
in Mexico. Some of the houses being built are done using good quality products.

The good news is that an older house can usually be upgraded without a huge cost involved. But be prepared to spend some $$ to modernize your purchase.
You will need to put some good insulation and windows in or your electric bills will be huge.

There are pitfalls with buying in Mexico, many places don't have title insurance, bank trusts (depends on where you buy) and watch out for the capitol gains tax
being passed on to the new buyer because of a crooked real estate agent.

The Big item is that there is a lot of property for sale and if you decide you don't like RP anymore, be prepared to not re-coup your investment for awhile
because only the choice stuff sells quickly or you have to do a fire sale to get rid of it.
If you decide to buy something that needs work, I know of a few dependable, quality and affordable contractors I could introduce you to.
If you want to talk more, PM me using the forums conversation feature.
My name is Bob and I am in RP 40-50 days a year.
The reason I suggested this location is because it in a quiet area of Cholla Bay, it has a nice view of the ocean and the canyon. It also has a garage and studio apartment below that could be rented out. There are also a number of families that live there full time.

The reason I suggested this location is because it in a quiet area of Cholla Bay, it has a nice view of the ocean and the canyon. It also has a garage and studio apartment below that could be rented out. There are also a number of families that live there full time.
Rick, I think it's a great property, especially with the extra house as a rental. The previous tenants would love to move back there.
And with it being at Pinto Pt. makes it that much more special.