Saying hello, and asking my gringolandia questions now that I am moving to Rocky Point

JulieArtist

Hey Julie...........

Try Bombay Beach, Salton Sea, California. Always sunny, always warm, right on the sandy beach and reeeeely cheap with that highly desirable California zip code.

Nope, let me correct myself, looking out my front window I can see one hu-mung-us 100 mile wide thunderstorm just beatin the hell out of that area as I write.

The notorious "Slabs" are a short walk across the highway and over the railroad tracks. The locals that camp on the slabs always have an open air farmacia where you can get any meds that you desire, and without a scrip! Most of them even speak English!

If you are into seaside wildlife it will be perfect, White Pelicans, several types of gulls, Great Blue Herons and a few Ospreys, kinda like RP. What appears to be white sand on the beach is actually 100% pure crushed barnacles and fish bones. Desert Iguanas and Zebra Tailed Lizards patrol the shoreline for the flies and maggots that have an endless feast on the dead fish and sea birds that made the mistake of swallowing that sparkling sea water.

The Chocolate Mountain Gunnery Range is right there as well. The slab people make a good living sneaking out there to scavenge scrap metal, gotta watch out for the unexploded live ordnance scattered everywhere out there as it might really mess up your day.

Might be worth a look-see........

JJ
If this was an advert for the area, it didn't work. LOL

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Just kidding about Bombay Beach Julie........

The "high end" beach properties are on the West side of the lake, just Goggle: Salton City.

Spent most of one day there last summer hauling out a rare 1947 Willys Sedan Delivery. The heat, humidity and stench of decaying marine life was what I could imagine sticking my head in a sun baked porta pottie might be like. Yet thousands of people live there in some pretty high style homes a lot like RP. Some even commute to work and back in Palm Springs.

JJ

JulieArtist

Just kidding about Bombay Beach Julie........

The "high end" beach properties are on the West side of the lake, just Goggle: Salton City.

Spent most of one day there last summer hauling out a rare 1947 Willys Sedan Delivery. The heat, humidity and stench of decaying marine life was what I could imagine sticking my head in a sun baked porta pottie might be like. Yet thousands of people live there in some pretty high style homes a lot like RP. Some even commute to work and back in Palm Springs.

JJ
Yeah, a porta potty is not my idea of a good time. I am still not sure what I'll do, but I do plan on getting down there asap to see how bad the heat will feel to me. If it is the same as here, I might buy something anyway-as the beach is a hella good time.

TICO-T

Well Known Member
Yeah, a porta potty is not my idea of a good time. I am still not sure what I'll do, but I do plan on getting down there asap to see how bad the heat will feel to me. If it is the same as here, I might buy something anyway-as the beach is a hella good time.
And remember there is always the sea breeze year round. It makes a difference.

JulieArtist

It is very cute. I will have to see when I come down what I think. I am planning on coming down in about a month. Maybe I will get to meet some of you?