Saying hello, and asking my gringolandia questions now that I am moving to Rocky Point

I spent parts of 3 summers before we had electricity in Cholla. So, Oh yeah,
And I can tell you Rosarita or Ensenada is a great option from July 5- Oct. 1st.
Dew points hovering around 80 are brutal and "No mey gusto".
Is there some kind of issue with electricity?

It can be pretty expensive compared to AZ electric costs. If you don't use much is pretty cheap. Use it like a gringo it gets expensive quickly.

It can be pretty expensive compared to AZ electric costs. If you don't use much is pretty cheap. Use it like a gringo it gets expensive quickly.
I keep the AC at about 78 to 80 in the summer in Phoenix. I also have a big fan on me in the main room I hang out in, and the ceiling fan. I don't use a dishwasher, and limit my washing to once a week. I don't use a lot, and my bill here is not too bad.

I keep the AC at about 78 to 80 in the summer in Phoenix. I also have a big fan on me in the main room I hang out in, and the ceiling fan. I don't use a dishwasher, and limit my washing to once a week. I don't use a lot, and my bill here is not too bad.
The humidity is the big issue in RP, the air conditioning has to run much longer to remove the humidity to feel somewhat comfortable vs phx

Now you are making me think that maybe I should consider Rosarito instead. I don't know anything about that area though, and never have been. Lots to think about.

JulieA..................

Rosarito BC.........

Cold, clammy, foggy, dreary, cold sea water, sun might break thru the fog by two or three in the afternoon. Kinda like San Diego.

That's why I live in Arizona and have a condo in PP.

Sunny, sunny, sunny and almost always WARM.

JJ

MIRAMAR

Penasco is beautiful mid-October through June, but some time in July when monsoons kick in through September can be tough with the humidity, and you're right, the AC is running non- stop to get the humidity out of the air.

Now you are making me think that maybe I should consider Rosarito instead. I don't know anything about that area though, and never have been. Lots to think about.
Here is a link to a weather station in the middle of Cholla.
https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=pws:ISONORAB5
(Look at it 3-4 times a day for a week to get a real feel for the RP climate during the summer)

Here is what you are going to be dealing with during the summer, not always but pretty typical.
At 10PM Sunday in Cholla it is 89 degrees, with a real feel temp of 109 degrees, dew point is 82 humidity is 83%
Same time in NE Phx it is 88 degrees with a real feel temp of 88 degrees, dew point is 59, humidity is 38%.
I know which I like better.
The number to watch is the dew point because in the 50's it starts to get sticky, in the 60's real sticky, in the
70's pretty bad, in the 80's with a temp near 90 pretty unbearable and just like Florida in the summer.
Florida in the summer gets awful but the night time temps do cool off into the 70's providing some relief.

In RP because the water temps hover 90-93 in late July- mid Sept. the night time temps will stay in the
mid to upper 80's.
Your A/C will be trying to remove all the heat gain and the humidity to keep you comfortable.
I have found with all the humidity that I have to keep my house 77 during the day with fans to feel comfortable
during the summer in Cholla.
Here in Phx 78-79 is fine during the day with ceiling fans running .

JulieA..................

Rosarito BC.........

Cold, clammy, foggy, dreary, cold sea water, sun might break thru the fog by two or three in the afternoon. Kinda like San Diego.

That's why I live in Arizona and have a condo in PP.

Sunny, sunny, sunny and almost always WARM.

JJ
Oh, nice. Was starting to doubt myself.

Penasco is beautiful mid-October through June, but some time in July when monsoons kick in through September can be tough with the humidity, and you're right, the AC is running non- stop to get the humidity out of the air.
I am used to the AC running nonstop being in Phoenix, so this won't be anything new to me.

I have not but like JJ said it is like San Diego beach weather during the summer months. Rocky Point October - June, Rosarita July - September.
Wouldn't it be nice if one of us had a place here and one there and we just moved with the weather? Oh, to dream.....

Here is a link to a weather station in the middle of Cholla.
https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=pws:ISONORAB5
(Look at it 3-4 times a day for a week to get a real feel for the RP climate during the summer)

Here is what you are going to be dealing with during the summer, not always but pretty typical.
At 10PM Sunday in Cholla it is 89 degrees, with a real feel temp of 109 degrees, dew point is 82 humidity is 83%
Same time in NE Phx it is 88 degrees with a real feel temp of 88 degrees, dew point is 59, humidity is 38%.
I know which I like better.
The number to watch is the dew point because in the 50's it starts to get sticky, in the 60's real sticky, in the
70's pretty bad, in the 80's with a temp near 90 pretty unbearable and just like Florida in the summer.
Florida in the summer gets awful but the night time temps do cool off into the 70's providing some relief.

In RP because the water temps hover 90-93 in late July- mid Sept. the night time temps will stay in the
mid to upper 80's.
Your A/C will be trying to remove all the heat gain and the humidity to keep you comfortable.
I have found with all the humidity that I have to keep my house 77 during the day with fans to feel comfortable
during the summer in Cholla.
Here in Phx 78-79 is fine during the day with ceiling fans running .
Oh my. I guess I would be stuck inside or in the water for a few months, just like here. Although here I feel this way for more than 3 months. It is like open oven, insert head. No clue what to think now. I guess I will have to get out there asap to see how I feel about it.

Funny, as I pull up my wunderground app, it shows a high pollution advisory for Phoenix....doubt that ever happens there.

MIRAMAR

In the hottest months you will be trapped inside as you won't want to go anywhere for fear of the heat and humidity. I call the heat of Penasco in the summer "Phoenix on steroids"

Well, it sounds like this part of Mexico is not for me. Thanks for all your advice and help. The main reason for leaving Phoenix is the heat, and I am not moving somewhere worse. Best wishes to you all.

In the hottest months you will be trapped inside as you won't want to go anywhere for fear of the heat and humidity. I call the heat of Penasco in the summer "Phoenix on steroids"
Yes like is today. Cholla got to 101.5 degrees. Now it's a pleasant 95.9 with a real feel temp. of 116 degrees. :eek:
NE Phx has a real feel temp of 102.
Come on October.

ScreenShot_20160815155808.jpg