Shooting in Penasco

dmcauley

Yeah, now starts the panic. I think I'm going to Colorado. I don't know tho, the state police did a fine job in PP

azfish

I was woundering why the cops were rolling in packs of 4 and 5 trucks on Friday-Tuesday. Then federally check point on the way out of town to the North.

audsley

[h=1]Nothing we haven't already seen, but this is what the Tucson paper is telling southern Arizona in its on-line edition.
Blog: Top narco's brother among dead in Rocky Point gunfight
Blog: Top narco's brother among dead in Rocky Point gunfight[/h]

One of the dead in the July 19 shootout in Puerto Peñasco was Jose Ramón Sabori Cisneros, the brother of a notorious Sonora narco and apparently an accomplished one in his own right.
Anthony Coulson, former head of the DEA's Tucson office, said that when he retired in 2010, Sabori Cisneros ran the Sasabe smuggling corridor for the Sinaloa Cartel. His brother, Raúl "El Negro" Sabori Cisneros, was considered a top operative for El Chapo Guzman's Sinaloa Cartel before he was arrested in Hermosillo in April 2011.
In identifying the dead, the state police referred to José Ramón Sabori Cisneros, 46, as originally from Baja California, but he and his brothers considered Caborca, Sonora their hometown.
The others killed that day were police officer Francisco Vásquez Espinoza, 34 and four suspected gunmen:
• Oscar Manuel Cárdenas Garcia, 28
• Julio César Acosta Contreras, 30
• Froylan Romualdo Gaxiola Ochoa
• José Humberto Elenes Morales.
Authorities have not said yet what they think prompted the shootout. Coincidentally Gaxiola Ochoa and Elenes Morales both listed El Fuerte, Sinaloa as their hometown. I wrote about that town, the home to some of the alleged killers of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, in this blog item.