Shooting in Penasco

A

AZ Miguel

This is not good, hopefully my family doesn't catch wind of this as they may force a scrap of plans for next week.

MIRAMAR

We were talking to a local at Combo Taco, and he said 4 people "not from Penasco" and 1 policeman were killed.

Last edited:

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
THATS IT!!!! i'm selling my condo!!! cancel my insurance Rosie and fire sell my place!!!!.... I'm moving to the midwest where it is "safe"!!!!!! (if I don't go to the movies at least)

THATS IT!!!! i'm selling my condo!!! cancel my insurance Rosie and fire sell my place!!!!.... I'm moving to the midwest where it is "safe"!!!!!! (if I don't go to the movies at least)
I'm not cancelling crap. This town needs more people like you and Joe, so you're staying put.

Roberto

Press releases have been coming out with conflicting information, Joe. Even the flap over the dead guy's name is still ongoing.
Ah yes the continuing problem of internet commnications. He said, she said, they said, we know, he saw, etc. Facts seem to be there was some shooting, some people got hurt, and some unfortunatley killed. It has been amply demonstrated that you can, and usually will, get two markedly different reports from two people who viewed the same event. Who were they? Was There blood? Exactly where did it happen? What size shoes did they have on? What time of the day did it happen. Blah, blah blah. Now we got a newbie coming on the forum announcing that there was a shooting in Penasco !! The FACTS will never come out because there are none to be had !! Lots of observations and opinions though.

El Blog de Narco is selling sensationalism so you will get the most lurid description possible there. Son in Georgia, USA, told me that there are Spanish language rags sold there filled with lurid photos and reports propped right at the checkout stands so everyone can enjoy the headlines.

Roberto

Mexican folk Wisdom: No hay camino mas seguro que el que acaban de robar.

No road is safer than the one just robbed.

playaperro

El Pirata
[h=2]Identify gunmen killed in the clash on July 19[/h]TUESDAY, JULY 24, 2012 11:27 EDITORIAL PUERTO PENASCO

User Rating: / 0

PoorWell
Puerto Penasco, Sonora, July 24, 2012. - Were identified and returned to their families that the five alleged gunmen were killed in incidents recorded on 19 July this year in the town of Puerto Peñasco.

This is Jose Ramon Sabori Cisneros, 46-year-old native of ejido Ortega, located in the state of Baja California. Among his belongings was found a driver's license in the name of Ignacio Juarez Cisneros, whose picture matches the physical characteristics of the now deceased.

Oscar Manuel Cardenas Garcia, 28-year-old native of Otalillo Badiraguato, Sinaloa, Julio Cesar Acosta Contreras, 30-year-old native of Ciudad Obregon, Sonora.

Romualdo Froylan Gaxiola Ochoa, 34-year-old native of El Fuerte, Sinaloa, who was found a driver's license in the name of Wilfredo Acosta Lugo and Jose Humberto Elenes Morales, a native of El Fuerte, Sinaloa.

It will be recalled on 19 July, around 18:00 hours, was recorded in the town of Puerto Peñasco a clash between two criminal groups, which killed four of the five suspected assassins above.

Derived from these facts, the agents of the PEI implemented an operation and faced an armed group, where he died fifth gunman, a member of the State Investigation agent was shot and two wounded.

These facts are seized two rifles, four handguns, two fragmentation grenades, chargers supplied for rifles and three vehicles, one of which was armored.

Comments (1)

[h=4]Explanatory note says:
[/h]
Only quierop to call the authorities do not try to fool people that were pure killers, as the person to carry on life Julio Cesar Acosta was not no thug and was found only in the place and wrong time working, and that was doing the painting which was by profession a long time, when the gusts of armed groups reached him, so please ask them not to lie our authorities not to alarm more the population, if someone dares to belie .......

kukon

Yes we agree, julio cesar acosta contreras had nothing to do with this massacre, he was on his way home when a stray bullet hit him, he was an honest, hard working person, he was there in the wrong place at the wrong time, the authorities knew about this , but still decided to blame him too!! This is an outrage, we will not stop protesting until his name is cleared, julio cesar acosta contreras was an innocent bystandard!!!!

kukon

Exactly, I should know....I'm his Brother in Law!! thank you all for your support, thank you for caring about him, or even if you don't know him and want his name cleared because it's the right thing to do...thank you!!!

mondone

Whitecaps
[h=1]Mexico Security Memo: Struggle in Puerto Penasco[/h]
Stratfor

[h=3]Possible Sinaloa Federation Role[/h]Two groups of gunmen exchanged fire on a sports field behind a school July 19 along Lazaro Cardenas Street in Puerto Penasco, Sonora state, according to July 20 media reports. Police responding to the scene discovered three dead bodies, two vehicles (one of which was armored), various firearms and a fragmentation grenade. During a subsequent pursuit of individuals involved in the gunbattle, police engaged the suspects in a firefight, which left one gunmen and one police officer dead and two other police officers wounded.

Mexican media outlets suggest one of the gunmen was the brother of Raul "El Negro" Sabori Cisneros, a Sinaloa Federation lieutenant arrested in April 2011 in Hermosillo, Sonora state. The possible involvement of a Sinaloa member along with the use of several gunmen and an armored vehicle suggest that someone at least briefly presented a challenge to the Sinaloa Federation's operations in Puerto Penasco.
According to unnamed witnesses cited in open-source reports, continuous fighting between two competing drug cartels in Puerto Penasco has occurred for the past two weeks. Gunfights are rare in Puerto Penasco; the Sinaloa Federation gained control of the city after pushing the Beltran Leyva Organization out of northern Sonora state in 2010. While intercartel violence in northern Sonora declined in 2011, it continued in the southern half of Sonora state, which is closer to the main area of operations for splinter groups from the former Beltran Leyva Organization in northern Sinaloa state.
Puerto Penasco serves the Sinaloa Federation as a stopping point along land drug-trafficking routes and as a seaport for drug traffickers sailing the Gulf of California. It often uses small, local criminal organizations to transport illicit drugs across the U.S.-Mexican border. These smaller organizations sometimes have violent disputes with each other, but these disputes do not necessarily involve the Sinaloa Federation.
It is unlikely a smaller group would challenge the Sinaloa Federation without support from a larger criminal organization, such as Los Zetas or a splinter group of the former Beltran Leyva Organization. Even if the July 19 incident represents part of an ongoing cartel turf war instead of a one-off dispute, the level of violence probably will not match that of turf wars elsewhere in Mexico due to the more desolate nature of the area.
Editor's Note: We now offer the daily Mexico Security Monitor, an additional custom intelligence service geared toward organizations with operations or interests in the region, designed to provide more detailed and in-depth coverage of the situation. To learn more about this new fee-based custom service, visit www.stratfor.com/msm.

Roberto

I waded through lots of released e-mails from Stratfor. They are a bunch of hot dogs that repackage and regurgitate whatever speculative drivel they hear as hard fact. The main qualification of some of their 'experts' is that they can read and watch the telly. The funny thing is that they repackage information they get from the US Govt and then sell it back to them! Do you think a company that was set up to advise people about threats is ever gonn say 'there are no threats, we're closed". Ha, ha ha ha

Hmmm , on second thought I'm gonna contact them and sell them information !!!

rplarry

KFYI is on live right now discussing the shooting and whether or not it is 'smart' to travel to Rocky Point. The coverage seems to lean against not going, but not Rick Dimmico style. He is taking callers who travel there regularly, which the host admits he does not, and is giving them a chance to explain why they feel it is safe traveling to RP. Here is the link:

550 KFYI - The Valley's Talk Station: Phoenix | iHeartRadio

rplarry

KFYI is on live right now discussing the shooting and whether or not it is 'smart' to travel to Rocky Point. The coverage seems to lean against not going, but not Rick Dimmico style. He is taking callers who travel there regularly, which the host admits he does not, and is giving them a chance to explain why they feel it is safe traveling to RP. Here is the link:

550 KFYI - The Valley's Talk Station: Phoenix | iHeartRadio
Mike Broomhead was very fair and gave the callers who were proponents of Rocky Point and felt it was safe plenty of time to share their viewpoints. He was then pressed by his sidekick that if the station gave them a block of condos on the beach for free to say, would he go. He was funny because he said, "well know, you are turning the tables. I'd have to seriously think about it."

So, overall a good discussion and fair call. The host admitted he had not been down to Mexico since the early 90's so he cannot really give a personal opinion. One of his main questions was, "given all the other places one could go withing 4 hours of Phoenix, why choose Rocky Point with some of the current news stories and shootings."

One of the callers, "Chuck", was actually in his car driving down to RP when he called in.

mondone

Whitecaps
Every TV news show is doing the story this afternoon/evening. Took a few days for it to blossom. I knew it wouldn't be long.