Should we move this webpage to a Facebook group?

Do you have/use facebook?

• Yes

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • No

Votes: 31 64.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry

The typical Facebook RP page does the following:

Tells you all is ponies and Unicorns...no bad press ( well until a moderator gets a speeding ticket)

Tells you where to buy crappy frozen shrimp

Tells you your condo rental fees are reasonable

Tells you you're stupid and deserve it if the police stop you

Tell you CHICAGO!

Tell you to pee on Sting Ray injuries

Tell you it's a good time to buy

Tells you all is ponies and Unicorns...no bad press ( well until a moderator gets a speeding ticket)

Tell you CHICAGO!

Hey, I recently talked a “friend” into letting me pee on his sting ray wound, best pimp ever :)

Roberto

Tell you CHICAGO!

Somebody just posted on the RP Talk FB " Hi we're coming down to Las Palomas November 9!! That's important for us to know. Never mind first post and unknown person,. High quality information there.

jerry

Somebody just posted on the RP Talk FB " Hi we're coming down to Las Palomas November 9!! That's important for us to know. Never mind first post and unknown person,. High quality information there.
I wonder where she can buy shrimp?

Terry C

Do i need a passport to enter Rock Point, Where is the best fish taco's, can i bring my dog!!!!!!!

rplarry

What I like about this forum is how clean and segregated different topics are. You can find what you want find very easily. Facebook throws everything in, AND The kitchen sink, all in a flowing thread. For example, when we get off topic on a certain thread, people start getting called out for hijacking that thread. People like to stay on topic. With Facebook, it is nothing but hijacked constantly. Someone asks about what the best charter is to rent to go fishing, and on Facebook, all the sudden there’s a political discussion, or people talking about black lives matter, global warming, and everything else under the sun. It’s a joke. I have a Facebook page, but I’ve never put a picture on it, and I’ve never posted a comment. I primarily use it when somebody points me to a reason I should check something out.

I am definitely for keeping this forum as is. What really sucks though, is if people start flooding over to the Facebook Rocky point Talk site, there will be even less activity here. Which would be a real shame

rplarry

Someone sent me a really hilarious description of a senior trying to understand Facebook. Cannot find it of course but here's a short description, She decided to mirror the Facebook process in her daily life. Greeting strangers in the street and commenting on what she had for breakfast, etc. etc. She routinely asked people to follow her. She said it worked as she had a detective, one police and a mental health worker following her !! Poor description but I hope you get the hilarity.

Tyler, do you have problems or issues with maintaining this site as is???
Tyler, Roberto asked a very good question at the very end of his post. Would you mind responding to his question when you get a moment, por favor ?

Roberto

I think the cause of the differences between the quality of posts here and Facebook has a similar explanation to the reason you have the president that you do. Most people don't want to think, but just react. Many are easily moved by superficiality and enjoy being hysterical. It's frightening to me.

Read Eric Fromm's Escape From Freedom for insight. Yeah I know What me read a book? I'll just check the internet and see what Gundry MD has to say. I gave up television over 20 years ago when I realized it was all about what someone else wants you to do or think. Now the internet has started to fulfill that lack of function. And the best part is it's interactive and I can have my say. I'm finding the internet to be less and less useful. You have to work at it. Watch Gundry MD's garbage or take the time to search NIH for information. Frankly I do not understand how he gets away with the crap he puts on the net and how he does it.

Now the effects of social media in general are fascinating. I always thought you had to be a Twit to use Twitter!!

Yeah blah blah blah I'll go back in my hole or maybe post this all to Facebook , that will generate some meaningful discussion!!!

Last edited:

Roberto

50 million user accounts hacked on Facebook yesterday. For reals.
Tell this ignorant old guy why anyone would want to hack Facebook sites ? My guess it damages Facebooks exclusive monetizing the information about the members in the posts posts. What harm can come to the member?

jerry

Ran into a guy in Tallin this summer who told me his associated hacker friends got into one of the gene testing sites years ago and have a dark site coming out soon that list people with genetic issues that would make an employer or future mate crazy to hire or marry....thinks they will get rich charging a hundred a search....

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Tyler, do you have problems or issues with maintaining this site as is???
This website costs me money every month and is dying, forums aren't used much when most people have moved to social media, hence the suggestion.

Our facebook group now has 461 members on it, more than this forum has active users.

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Are you considering abandoning the website?
It depends if we can move it to facebook, I'm not going to kill the ability to communicate with each other, I'm just trying to find the best way to still have it around and gain new users.

mondone

Whitecaps
I hate to see the forum go as there already is a bunch of crap on the FB group page. I'm close to deleting my account.

Status
Not open for further replies.