shrimp prices

jben

I was just down a couple of weeks ago, and yes, the shrimp prices are definitely higher than before, especially on the larger sizes.

I buy my shrimp from Productos de Mariscos, the same wholesaler where the guys down at the port buy their shrimp. The U-12s were over $8 per lb, about the same price I can get wholesale here in Phoenix. The U-15s were under $6 per lb, so I grabbed 4 2-kilo blocks. usually I buy a lot more, but at that price it didn't seem worth going hog wild.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I just paid 150 pesos (13.00) for wild caught Jumbo blues, it was one kilo. 2.2 lbs.....Thankfully my neighbor is a fisherman in El Golfo.

I usually buy shrimp from late Nov-mid Jan. Colder water temp's make the shrimp firmer and find that the prices are at their lowest at this time.
I will try Productos de Mariscos when I'm down in late Dec. I like the idea of only having shrimp frozen as few times as possible.

jben

Productos de Mariscos is on Sinaloa one block off Benito Juarez almost directly east of the Burger King.

Terry C

Funny how every thing is by land mark. I've seen this so many times on this location, East of Burger King. When will In-N-Out come to town?

mondone

Whitecaps
Couldn't think of going on a cruise without being able to hook up with a Carl's Jr. Buffalo Blue Cheese Six Dollar Burger sometime during the journey..........:rolleyes:

playaperro

El Pirata
The price of an east beach lot will be priceless,
BUFFALO WILD WINGS FLIES TO MEXICO
MINNEAPOLIS (March 7, 2013) – With more than 900 restaurants in the United States and Canada, Buffalo Wild Wings® continues to spread its wings across North America with the announcement today that it has signed agreements to open restaurants in Mexico later this year. The announcement was made at the company’s annual business conference in Orlando, Fla.

READ MORE

I don't care if they put a BWW in the big resort areas like Cabo, Cancun or Mazatlan. They are all too big and Americanized.
Leave PP out of that mix. I prefer the quite.

The American style chain restaurants moving into Mexico will be a boon to the medical field there.
Heart disease will rise and there will be even more over weight people dying from it there, just like in the USA.
As Mexico's population income increases it will open the flood gates for these companies (sadly) to expand.

York

User is currently banned
As Mexico's population income increases it will open the flood gates for these companies (sadly) to expand.
Like my hubby always says, the "sadly" part of this is, that no matter who you are, where you live, what you eat, how much you weigh, we all have to die of something somewhere anyway.

mondone

Whitecaps
The American style chain restaurants moving into Mexico will be a boon to the medical field there.
Heart disease will rise and there will be even more over weight people dying from it there, just like in the USA.
With all the soda, salty chips, and pork rinds they eat now, do you really think American fast food would be worse? o_O

With all the soda, salty chips, and pork rinds they eat now, do you really think American fast food would be worse? o_O
Absolutely,
It's just another poor food choice that people will make. People will be bombarded with the TV ads,
so they will go because it's new.
As a result local food businesses will close being forced out and replaced with the chains.
It is a culture change that has happened in the USA and other countries over the past 30+ years or so,
now it is Mexico's turn. Sadly it hasn't been for the better.
Just look back as the chain stores/restaurants have taken over the world, result was less choices with lower quality.

I actually remember when a McDonald's burger actually tasted ok-good and Pizza hut was OK,
Wow, how times have changed that. Result is they don't see my business. I only go to local places that serve
decent to great food and when I stray and eat at a Subway it just makes me remember to not eat there anytime soon.

With the exception of a few food chains the quality/taste of food served has gone down.

Now if the chains would swap some of their advertising $$ and put it towards making the food taste/quality better
and perhaps a bit more healthy it wouldn't be so bad.
Off my soapbox. LOL