shrimp prices

York

User is currently banned
I beg to disagree with you, do you really think that Mexico would do away with eating the burro, taco, papas, chorizo con huevos, and other such greasy goods, I think not, never ?

BootNHat

Not that most of these posts have anything to do with the price of shrimp, but this might not be good for the price of shrimp/

Top Stories

Shrimp trawlers looted in Mexico
(0) |
|
|

Tweet

Posted: oct. 1, 2013 at 9:15 AM

MEXICO CITY, Mexico, in October. 1 (UPI) - In less than four days two shrimp boats in Sinaloa, northwestern Mexico, were stolen by armed men and robbed of more than three tons of product.

Dozens of shrimp boats are returning to the harbor to catch held ahead of schedule.

One of the robberies occurred on Friday at midnight and the opening minutes of Monday, it is the fifteenth Allende boat, and its crew was surprised by gunmen who even beat the master of the vessel, to commit the looting of the product and take it aboard small boats.

The first robbery was registered against Bikingo boat fleet Puerto Penasco, Sonora, surprised by the pirates Perihuete area, Icesave, northern Sinaloa and forced the crew to get out of the hold about 2 tons shrimp, mainly coffee.

In the second robbery, took about one ton 200 kilos of blue shrimp headless export because we could not carry more.

LATAM / Report / rcj

mondone

Whitecaps
Geez, Pizza Hut was OK? Always tasted like cardboard covered in ketchup and goo to me. :eek: Us Italians can't call that pizza, that's sacrilegious.

Pizza hut was OK ( 6n a scale of 10) many, many years ago. Now it is awful.
I am Italian and was raised in NYC where there is awesome pizza. I have eaten many pizzas that were a 9-10.
But not at any of the junk wannabee pizza chains that are everywhere.

mondone

Whitecaps
Pizza hut was OK ( 6n a scale of 10) many, many years ago. Now it is awful.
I am Italian and was raised in NYC where there is awesome pizza. I have eaten many pizzas that were a 9-10.
But not at any of the junk wannabee pizza chains that are everywhere.
Now you are really scaring me. I'm Brooklyn born and NY raised and never could understand how anyone in NY would choose to have pizza hut over any of the REAL pizza joints. When my
employer has brought pizza hut in as a treat for everyone at lunch I just walk away. Cant do it. Never could. Always a zero in my book.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Since the thread is completely hijacked.........I had a group to a from Hermosillo the other day, we ate lunch on the way back in Santa Ana at the Subway franchise there. Most everybody said it was the best Subway sandwich they had ever eaten. My BMT was pretty dang good too! Eat Fresh! lol

jben

That's what I've been thinking. Who cares about a couple of bucks a pound one way or the other? Shrimp is part of the RP experience and should be viewed as a unique opportunity!
A couple of bucks a pound means nothing when Im down in PP, but it does affect how much I take home. When U10s were $6/lb. I would always haul back the 50lb limit. At $8+, I only took back a couple of blocks since I can get similar product at home at a similar price.

Landshark

A couple of years ago I heard the big boats weren't going out anymore because it was no longer profitable due to the increased cost of diesel and low shrimp prices. Good to hear the shrimpers are out in force. I would hate to see the end of comercial shrimping in PP. It would be the end of a legendary era to be replaced with words like tourism & cruise port.

gup

A couple of bucks a pound means nothing when Im down in PP, but it does affect how much I take home. When U10s were $6/lb. I would always haul back the 50lb limit. At $8+, I only took back a couple of blocks since I can get similar product at home at a similar price.
Question? I'm curious about the shrimp farm north of Gila Bend. Some where I got the idea that warm water from the elect. plant there provided warm water for the farm? On my way back (just n. of Gila Bend several large, open ended buildings, is this the shrimp farm? Has anyone actually purchase shrimp there?

So may Q's so few answers.

JoseAz

We went by the Gila Bend shrimp farm about 6 months ago out of curiosity. It looks like its been shut down for years. Nothing but dry, long rectangular ponds. The little equipment remaining looked in pretty bad shape