Sonora backs out of 'cooperation' meeting.

S

Submarine

MEXICO CITY - The Mexican state of Sonora says it won't attend a decades-old cooperation meeting with Arizona this June after the passage of the state's tough immigration enforcement law.
The government of Sonora, which borders Arizona, says the move isn't ``about a breaking of relations with Arizona, but rather a way to protest the approval of the law.''
The measure makes it a crime to be an illegal immigrant and will require police to question people about their immigration status is they suspect they're in the country illegally.
Mexican President Felipe Calderon (kahl-duh-ROHN') says the law ``opens the door to intolerance, hate, discrimination and abuse in law enforcement.'' He warns trade and political ties with Arizona will be ``seriously affected,'' although he announced no concrete measures.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
what? were you specting a gran receptions by the mexicans, this new law is nothing but a discriminatory ruling, are you going to tell me now that the police is going to stop illegal anglo looking people from europe, which they are thousands just in Tucson, and ask for documentation, please give yourself a break and rationalize it!! and the american people, including from Arizona, were so disgusted with the holocoust this is almost the same!!
"reasonable suspicion" how do you measure that? the only way they have is by the color of the skin and just in case you have not notice this land we live in use to belong to Mexico and when it was taken over or bought it included the hundred of thousand of Mexican, now citizens of the USA, that were living on it at the time, some eghty years ago, and their skin is still beautiful and brown with no accent or a little still no difference still USA citizens, do you know how much are they going to get harrased?

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
The people in Mexico as a general rule do not think of their white brothers to the North in a negative light which is not the same way they are treated bay same. These people here know that we (our family) are white only on the outside. I foresee no problems for folks coming down. Time will tell but all in all they think that the government in Arizona has come undone as in gone crazy.

When I come to Mexico I do my best to follow the rules. I pay hundreds of dollars on my FM-3 each year to be legal in Mexico. When I hire workers in Mexico I do my best to be kind to them and treat them as equals, more often than not I walk away feeling I have be cheated of taken advantage of. That being said I have met many great familys in Cholla Bay and love being down here. I wish I was asked for my FM3 once in a while by the police so I felt I got my money's worth. Comparing the bill in Arizona to the Holocust is so far from reality its had to see how that connection is made.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
......Comparing the bill in Arizona to the Holocust is so far from reality its had to see how that connection is made.
I know it is far from it, however the comparition I was trying to make was based on how the natzis were looking for the jews among all the white people in Germany, which of course made it more difficult, it will be the same for the police in AZ to try to not descriminate against a Mexican-american that has no documentation other than the typical drivers license and a few credit cards, the hassle to the mexican-american community and the waste of their time is going to go noticed by all of us tax payer thru the ridicoulous amount of court dates to proof your citizenship, oh!! and in case you do not see this part, we as tax payers pay for all those court dates that are going to be a waste, IMHO, it could amount to millions, not that it already happen, just triple it!! :eek3:

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I have nothing to hide and I will say it to your face, if you can not take it that is your prorrogative!!! thanks perro, van a tener que sacarse esta muela a la fuerza porque yo no me salgo tan facil!!

jerry

My new Bumper sticker....Irish American or Just Irish? if I take my bike to the 7/11 (past azbeachboys messy yard) do i have to carry ID to prove I'm not a Irish national?

InkaRoads

cronopiador
you got it Bob it is not the bill that I am against, as I have said many times before I am against the attitute that the forces have against the people and the profiling that goes on and now it will go rampid with this new law, if you read the whole thing the laws have been there prety much unchange for many decades, it is the part that has been added that makes it what it is.
When I went further south and was stop by the check points in Mexico, maybe because I speak the language, I was told twice in different places that what they were looking for was guns, specially on cars coming south from the north, from USA or Canada, I was never asked for any type of documents or passport.
I am all for a way to bring the laborers in a way that they will not need to come to USA ilegally and maybe that way will cut down on the number of criminals coming since paspports and criminal records will need to be provided to be accepted in the program, simple and to the point, no more coyotes needed, will know who the bad guys are and the farm work that the white people is not willing to take over, rather be in welfare which is another burden to us all, will be all documented and will have a period to make a living then come back or go home happy to thier families and as long as you are a good boy you get remunerated, to simple for a government to comprehend? I do not know what it seems possible, what you think?

I would like to see a rally where thousands of people claimed that they are not citizens and refuse to provide documentation. What would the police do. Under the new law they would have to arrest them all and transport to jail. Transport with what and to where. Stupid law.
I also think mexico should protest and stop all import and export to and from mexico for several weeks and threaten longer if need be.
Hey what about all of the illegals going home for a month or so durring harvest time. If we had no mexican import food and no harvest labor for our fields I think the public just might see what the hispanic realy means to our life style and food sources .

More and more stupid laws will not solve the problem.

I understand some states are so short on money that they refuse to go to other state that have picked up fellons and bring them back for prosecution. And how about *** it goes on and on.

cheatka

Have you ever heard what happens if you're in Mex illegally? If outsiders do not enhance the country's "economic or national interest" or are "not found to be physically or mentally healthy", they are not welcome.
Illegal entry into the country is equivalent to a felony punishable by two year's imprisonment. Have you heard what Mexico does to S. Americans that have been caught sneaking into Mex??
Try going to Europe w/o the proper documents. Try N Korea or China. You'll be lucky to see the light of day again.
I would like to see a "guest worker" program installed here so that we know who's coming in and when they're going out. Do you realize about 70% of the crime in Az is done my Illegals? Sneaking across the border "Illegally" in different from "legal".

Cheatka, all of your so-called facts are nothing but regurgitated Michelle Malkin and you (like Ms. Malkin) are wrong about Mexico. If you want to chime in on the side of those in favor of the new law, at least do so without throwing in bogus information that just proves to us all that you parrot whatever you've read most recently.

dmcauley

A big point has not been adressed here. Put the fear of God and police into these undocumented and crime will run rampant.
There are classes of people who prey on the weak and when the weak will not call the law for help out of fear of being deported they will be victimized. Happens quite often as it is.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
.......Try going to Europe w/o the proper documents........
Cheatka, while living in Spain in the late seventies and early eighties, traveling across borders, being a Peruvian, was most problematic due to the fact that you travel 2 hours, exagerating a little, just a little, and you are in another country and had to show my passport all the time but never was deny entrance anywhere, after a while I got tired and started to say "spanish" instead and found a way to save a lot of time and always the answer was "welcome, come in" and now even better you do not even need a passport if you are a resident of any of the euro countries or need to say much for that matter.
My point is that it is very freely for anybody to come and go, then the immigrants were people from Morroco, much what Mexicans are for USA, and they had a plan, I mean the governments had aplan, they allow any number of them as long as they participated in the program, basically come work for a period of time then go back home, stay home for a period of time then you were allow back in Europe, simple and easy for everybody, as in here many people even though the majority poor they did not wanted to work the fields either so the morrocans did and life went on happily.
Anyway to make a story short, NO, you are wrong in Europe you were and still are able to travel freely legal or illegal alot easier than across the USA borders, north or south, IMHO it just my life experience!! :eek3:

Last edited: