Strange Water...

Has anyone seen this difference in the coloration of the water before? as far as we could tell the visibillity of the water was pretty much the same on either side of the dividing line....

IMG_0396.jpgIMG_0394.jpgIMG_0395.jpg

Roberto

I've noticed that too, but have no idea what it might be. Thermals maybe? Something is causing the light to refract differently. It's quite striking when you see it, very clear line. I suspect perhaps a Martian invasion? Wow that would be good for tourisim !

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
We call them "rivers" and it's very common in the Sea of Cortez. We see it all the time when the water is flat, but usually not as distinct as your pictures close to shore. It has to do with current breaks and the tide change. The water on one side is usually just a slightly different temperature than the other side. We often troll the breaks like this when we find them in the summer. Further out, they often accumulate sargasso weed or appear as a scum line, like the white border that appears in your pictures.

That is what I was thinking it was Stuart this area gets a lot of tidal movement can anyone guess where it is ???

InkaRoads

cronopiador
very interesting, never seen it myself, but that water it is on sure looks nice!!!! a couple of more days and I will be on it if the temps keep criping up!!!