Tecate has taken Over.

After coming to Puerto Penasco for over 20 years, I am dismayed that Tecate beer (Heineken International) has taken control of many cantinas and resturants.

I am huge fan of Pacifico Beer. Even JJ's in Cholla sold out to Tecate :x last
Spring Break. I had the last 2 Pacificos they had in stock.:wink:
I spoke with an owner of JJ's and was told that Tecate offered some major $$ to JJ's
for exclusive rights to their products. Yeah it is a dog eat dog world out there.

Since all of the wonderful members of these forums do get out and about,
I would love to know some of the Cantinas and Restuarants that still serves Corona/Pacifico (Modelo) products in Penasco.
Thanks.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Tecate mafia; it's everywhere. Reggie's is Super T now, too. I gave up trying to order any Modelo products when we go out to eat. I just stop by the Modelo distributor and buy a case of Pacifico and keep it in cooler.

Pacifico

I spoke with a friend who goes to Cholla every month and he said that Playa Bonita was still serving it and just look for the Modelorama's around town which sells Corona products.
In Cholla Memo Green's store has it but is expensive.

rplarry

After coming to Puerto Penasco for over 20 years, I am dismayed that Tecate beer (Heineken International) has taken control of many cantinas and resturants.

I spoke with an owner of JJ's and was told that Tecate offered some major $$ to JJ's
for exclusive rights to their products. Yeah it is a dog eat dog world out there.

I would love to know some of the Cantinas and Restuarants that still serves Corona/Pacifico (Modelo) products in Penasco.
Thanks.
I agree, nothing beats an icee cold Pacifico. In fact, we have been getting Pacifico Light on the past several trips down and really like it.

As far as restaurants go Mary's, down on the Melecon, still serves Pacifico. (I hope! Have not been down since January)

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Mamacitas serves ice cold Indio in large frosted mugs. Not that I'd know that from experience or anything. :notme:
Indio is a great beer on tap!

playaperro

El Pirata
Mamacitas serves ice cold Indio in large frosted mugs. Not that I'd know that from experience or anything. :notme:
Indio is a great beer on tap!
Indio is only sold on tap...its tecate with the dye in it...and they do serve it at MAMA's

Last edited:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
That's funny... I drank several of them there not THAT long ago. We are talking the new MAMAs, correct? The one with the Playboy bunny over the door, just off Calle Trece by the light??

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Walk in front door... bar immediately to your right, small. Small room with pool table to your left. Narrow room, one stage runs from just inside front door to back of building with seating all around. A few tables along wall to your right. I was too busy looking at the other building "fixtures", but I think there is a pole at each end of the stage?? Place is fairly well lit, which is different from every one of the other clubs.

rplarry

Thanks.
Remembered one more restaurant that still serves Pacifico.... It's called Mariscos el Conchal. Located on Benito Juarez, very near Pollo Lucas. It is an open air type restaurant with a HUGE plalapa to dine under. They have some of the best shrimp and scallop tacos in all of Penasco.

Try the "Governor Shrimp" tacos with that cold Pacifico!