Tecate has taken Over.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I know this might not be the venue for some of you but Elixr carries the Idio Tecate on tap for like 20 pesos i think, so cheap! Also, why doesn't anyone carry negra modelos? I think negra modelo might be the best mexican beer period and nobody in RP carries it.

T

Tomcat

As I slowly heal from shoulder surgery I will soon need to start some kind of physical therapy to get my shoulder /arm moving and strong again.. A slight weight would help to build the muscles back. I need to do up and down motions and side to side as well. Drinking some beers at this Mamas might be just what the doctor ordered. Turning to one pole and back to view the other pole would inspire me to do these dreaded exercises :thumbsup: As to what kind of beer to drink I will just go with what a Astralian I knew in the outback of the Philippines would say when I ask what kind to beer to get on a run to the nearest town. COLD BEER MATE ! ICE COLD BEER MATE !!!! :rofl: Yep gotta start that therapy pretty soon so perhaps ROB has a open space in the back of his truck for a wounded mate such as myself too :coldone:communications through cerveza lol (600 x 450).jpgI feel so much like a tourist lol (600 x 450).jpg DSC00153 (600 x 450).jpg
Walk in front door... bar immediately to your right, small. Small room with pool table to your left. Narrow room, one stage runs from just inside front door to back of building with seating all around. A few tables along wall to your right. I was too busy looking at the other building "fixtures", but I think there is a pole at each end of the stage?? Place is fairly well lit, which is different from every one of the other clubs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this might not be the venue for some of you but Elixr carries the Idio Tecate on tap for like 20 pesos i think, so cheap! Also, why doesn't anyone carry negra modelos? I think negra modelo might be the best mexican beer period and nobody in RP carries it.
I'd like to head back to Elixr again but worried about being in that atmosphere with what's been going down lately with the "random" shootings. I wasn't even sure if it was still open the last time I went by...But yes, Negra Modelo is my fave, hands-down, would like to know who serves/sells it as well!

OH, and Portofino had really cheap Bohemia on tap recently, not sure if they still do.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I'd like to head back to Elixr again but worried about being in that atmosphere with what's been going down lately with the "random" shootings. I wasn't even sure if it was still open the last time I went by...But yes, Negra Modelo is my fave, hands-down, would like to know who serves/sells it as well!

OH, and Portofino had really cheap Bohemia on tap recently, not sure if they still do.

Well thats unfortunate! Thats the same reason I stopped going to Manny's, too many dumb ass white guys walking around with no shirts on trying to fight anyone that looks at them weird. My girlfriend and I prefer Elixr because of the upscale vibe. We like to go out, dress nice and be around civilized people, regardless that we are usually the only Americans at Elixr. We've been going to Elixr for four years now and we know the DJ and the owner Coco. He's just a couple of years older than me, 29 or 30 I think, he grew up in Penasco, went to school at ASU and is a cool dude. He always takes care of us, EVERY TIME and makes us feel like VIPS. In the almost 4 years that we've been going to Elixr I have NEVER seen ONE confrontation. The locals that go to Elixr aren't your Calle 13 crowd, they are young adults that like to socialize, dress nice and dance. The night to go any weekend regardless of how many Americans are in town is Saturday nights. We come to RP just to go out to Elixr on Saturday nights, doesnt matter what month or how many people are down that weekend. Saturday nights at Elixr get very crowded usually by 12am staying open to 3am. If and when Im in RP, you can find me at Elixr on Saturday nights guaranteed like clockwork. The club plays techno/dance, which Im not really fond of but its not my club so I cant say too much but the DJ also will throw in American and Reggaeton hits. The reggaeton and the American dance hits are what we go for. We like to dance, socialize, look good and be around good looking people. Saturday night in RP= Elixr. Now about the beer, Negra Modelo is made by Modelo. Modelo makes modelo, modelo light, negra modelo, corona and I think there might be another one. Go on modelos website and look.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Joe - I don't know if it is in the states or not, but 1st place to check is Total Wine. If Total Wine doesn't have it, nobody does.

Jeff

Not in the states that I know of. I usually get it by the 6 'er at the Circle K near Freemont, along main drag.

A guy and his wife were sitting on their patio watching the sun set. He says "I love you". The wife asks....."Is that you talking, or it that your beer talking?" The guy replies "I'm talking to my beer ".

Terry C

Mexican humor, today's word is WHEELCHAIR

Jose was drinking a Tecate and his frien came buy and said hey, where’s mine, no worry WHEELCHAIR

Well thats unfortunate! Thats the same reason I stopped going to Manny's, too many dumb ass white guys walking around with no shirts on trying to fight anyone that looks at them weird. My girlfriend and I prefer Elixr because of the upscale vibe. We like to go out, dress nice and be around civilized people, regardless that we are usually the only Americans at Elixr. We've been going to Elixr for four years now and we know the DJ and the owner Coco. He's just a couple of years older than me, 29 or 30 I think, he grew up in Penasco, went to school at ASU and is a cool dude. He always takes care of us, EVERY TIME and makes us feel like VIPS. In the almost 4 years that we've been going to Elixr I have NEVER seen ONE confrontation. The locals that go to Elixr aren't your Calle 13 crowd, they are young adults that like to socialize, dress nice and dance. The night to go any weekend regardless of how many Americans are in town is Saturday nights. We come to RP just to go out to Elixr on Saturday nights, doesnt matter what month or how many people are down that weekend. Saturday nights at Elixr get very crowded usually by 12am staying open to 3am. If and when Im in RP, you can find me at Elixr on Saturday nights guaranteed like clockwork. The club plays techno/dance, which Im not really fond of but its not my club so I cant say too much but the DJ also will throw in American and Reggaeton hits. The reggaeton and the American dance hits are what we go for. We like to dance, socialize, look good and be around good looking people. Saturday night in RP= Elixr. Now about the beer, Negra Modelo is made by Modelo. Modelo makes modelo, modelo light, negra modelo, corona and I think there might be another one. Go on modelos website and look.
Just to be clear, I've never had an issue with Elixr, and true, it's usually just full of well-dressed "Fresas," but who's to say some undesirables from Caborca wouldn't show up to cause some trouble? I could be wrong, and those gangster types are probably more likely to be hanging out at a strip club, but would rather let things settle down before I start venturing to Elixr again. Heh, maybe if my Spanish was better!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Just to be clear, I've never had an issue with Elixr, and true, it's usually just full of well-dressed "Fresas," but who's to say some undesirables from Caborca wouldn't show up to cause some trouble? I could be wrong, and those gangster types are probably more likely to be hanging out at a strip club, but would rather let things settle down before I start venturing to Elixr again. Heh, maybe if my Spanish was better!
Lawl, from Caborca? I dont know if Im worried about people from Caborca.... maybe Sinaloa but Caborca?! LOL if your spanish was better would you talk your way out of being killed or? Im not really following you on that... its cool with me man, Im usually the only white guy there and I kind of want to keep it like that. Dont go you might get killed! Let me let you in on a little secret. The cartel guys dont like that kind of music, they prefer banda, in particular Los Tigres Del Norte, Los Norteno, and K-PAZ. Im sure there is plenty more that my white ass doesnt know about but anytime you hear banda coming from a Ford F150 I would take precaution. The cartel like banda, not techno dance, reggaeton and american hits. They are over by Calle 13 on saturday nights listening to BANDA and drinking as many bud lights as possible in between lines of Cocaine not at Elixr. People from Caborca arent your worry, theres not Caborca cartel, but the chaps from Sinaloa, now those are some down and dirty mofos right there boy.

Lawl, from Caborca? I dont know if Im worried about people from Caborca.... maybe Sinaloa but Caborca?! LOL if your spanish was better would you talk your way out of being killed or? Im not really following you on that... its cool with me man, Im usually the only white guy there and I kind of want to keep it like that. Dont go you might get killed! Let me let you in on a little secret. The cartel guys dont like that kind of music, they prefer banda, in particular Los Tigres Del Norte, Los Norteno, and K-PAZ. Im sure there is plenty more that my white ass doesnt know about but anytime you hear banda coming from a Ford F150 I would take precaution. The cartel like banda, not techno dance, reggaeton and american hits. They are over by Calle 13 on saturday nights listening to BANDA and drinking as many bud lights as possible in between lines of Cocaine not at Elixr. People from Caborca arent your worry, theres not Caborca cartel, but the chaps from Sinaloa, now those are some down and dirty mofos right there boy.

and they throw the cans in the street after only drinking half of it... have you ever noticed that??? they never finish a beer...

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
and they throw the cans in the street after only drinking half of it... have you ever noticed that??? they never finish a beer...
I never noticed that, pry because I didnt want to make eye contact or seem intrusive. This is their world, Im just passing through...