The Feds want your global income

JoseAz

Good luck on that one! You may get copies of the IOU's they have written to the fund over the years.......

jerry

we will all be just fine...floating in NG,wind,solar and we print the majority of the rest of the worlds currency....buy gold and live in a cave if you must but the future is really bright in the new world!

cholla

we will all be just fine...floating in NG,wind,solar and we print the majority of the rest of the worlds currency....buy gold and live in a cave if you must but the future is really bright in the new world!
Oh, ok, if you say its alright, it must be.
Don't pay any attention to Greece and Spain and Portugal or France or... wait a minute, maybe I should think for myself and not listen to the resident commie.

jerry

For those of you that are diligently filing a Form 3520 and/or 3520A with the IRS for your Mexican Land Trust (MLT) there was some good news from the Internal Revenue Service today. Revenue Ruling 2013-14 was issued as of June 24, 2013 and states that MLT are not trusts within the meaning of code section 301.7701-1 through 301.7701-4. Although many of us have never filed this form it is now official that there is no need to file foreign trust returns for MLT.

jerry

Top real fears in Mexico

1. Stepping on a Ray
  2. getting sick from street food
  3. getting the clap on or near Calle 13
  4. getting the old 350 gram "kilo" of shrimp
  5. Hitting a berm of wind blown sand on the Coastal Highway at night
  6. getting loud neighbors in the old Pigeon coop Craigs List rental unit....sleep....over rated anyways
  7. Not getting your project finished.......hold money back..way back
  8. Finding out that "bullet proof" ejido land title is not so bubulletproof
  9. potholes
  10. Becoming a alcoholic that worries about the Bilderburgers and other crank stuff rather than going to the ball game,having a little fish or going for a swim

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
More than a few on here seem to be most comfortable living in fear and I must say, it fit's some of them very well.
I don't live in fear, but I am concerned that our future as a country might look more like Detroit than the Emerald City in the Wizard of Oz.

Roberto

I used to dream about being able to go back in the past to about oh, 1800 or so in the US with my flintlock and wander the land. Then I though about stuff like, diseases that were rampant, medical care that was absent and not to mention no hot showers! Some things appear to deteriorate over time, but if you think about it other aspects of daily living become better. Our reference point for change seems to be somewhere about 20 some years old and we reference change from that point on. By the time we are in our 70's lots of stuff has changed and adjusting to that change might be difficult. I do not miss the simplicity of operator assisted phone calls but I do miss some of the simpler things.

jerry

I used to dream about being able to go back in the past to about oh, 1800 or so in the US with my flintlock and wander the land. Then I though about stuff like, diseases that were rampant, medical care that was absent and not to mention no hot showers! Some things appear to deteriorate over time, but if you think about it other aspects of daily living become better. Our reference point for change seems to be somewhere about 20 some years old and we reference change from that point on. By the time we are in our 70's lots of stuff has changed and adjusting to that change might be difficult. I do not miss the simplicity of operator assisted phone calls but I do miss some of the simpler things.
In the early 60s geezer dream world
  • coffee sucked
  • 3 tv channels
  • cars lasted 60000 miles
  • no OSHA,no safety equipment
  • women were basically slaves
  • ignorance of how good and how bad things were in the rest of the world ran rampant
  • The head of the FBI was blackmail by the mob for wearing a dress in a photo they held..now who cares
  • etc...

Kenny

I don't live in fear, but I am concerned that our future as a country might look more like Detroit than the Emerald City in the Wizard of Oz.
I'm not afraid, I'm mad!... I know un-American unpatriotic activities when I see it.....(some political link was here, removed, I don't want to move this thread to rants)

I'm not afraid, I'm mad!... I know un-American unpatriotic activities when I see it.....(some political link was here, removed, I don't want to move this thread to rants)
With respect, to that I would only add: If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck,and quacks like a duck, it could be a duck . . . unless the image has been processed, manipulated and projected in 3D while being purported by media to be a duck.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
My comment was in no way political -- it was simply based on the fact that, as a country, we owe one huge pile of heaping wampum. We don't elect people (either party) that seem to want to do anything about it except add to it. And most Americans seem perfectly content with that. Detroit is just an example of what happens when the cookie jar is completely empty, but the bills still need to be paid. How long until America's cookie jar is empty? Never? 5 years? 10 years? 30 years? I dunno. But until we (as Americans) are willing to address the problem and elect people (again, either party) that will actually do something and make the hard choices to fix it, guess what? We WILL run out of cookies!

The only thing good I can say about the big D is you can buy a house for almost nothing.
And that's exactly what it will be worth. People are burning there houses there to collect on the insurance because they can't sell them. The US is becomming a house of cards and when it falls alot of people are going to be devistated.

Rick
Cholla Bay

My comment was in no way political -- it was simply based on the fact that, as a country, we owe one huge pile of heaping wampum. We don't elect people (either party) that seem to want to do anything about it except add to it. And most Americans seem perfectly content with that. Detroit is just an example of what happens when the cookie jar is completely empty, but the bills still need to be paid. How long until America's cookie jar is empty? Never? 5 years? 10 years? 30 years? I dunno. But until we (as Americans) are willing to address the problem and elect people (again, either party) that will actually do something and make the hard choices to fix it, guess what? We WILL run out of cookies!
Agree, Stuart. Conditions and events that would have in the past been considered intolerable, and subject to drastic, urgent, mass intervention now seem to merely distract us from our texting for a moment.

Roberto

This is sounding like a 'woe is me' of a bunch of old farts. There is nothing new about communities failing. True the failure of larger ones is more rare and striking but I really do not think this is a 'modern' problem related to politics. The world is littered with communities that were once thriving economic powerhouses. Ghost towns of the west and rural communities throughout the east are abundant. I drove through the Arizona town of Clifton a few weeks ago. The old town was build on mining and the area still has the largest leaching copper mine in the world still in operation. The old downtown was fun to walk through and mostly abandoned. Throughout the east, Pa. and NY you will come to an intersection of a couple of country roads and view a couple of old store fronts and a few run down homes still standing and people living there still. I always wondered why they built there in the first place. Advances in communication and transportation killed off a lot of the small communities. The acceptable drive for groceries in a horse and wagon was far less that the drive in a modern pickup truck. I think the fact is that communnities grow for a reason and when they have outlived their usefulness they die. Europe is also littered with abandoned cities, as is Mexico and Central America. Now they are called archaeology sites !!