The Hut

Lisa F.

Nobody is stalking you nor do I have a problem with you. I am simply an observant person. In fact, I was excited to learn that someone with some actual experience in the bar business would be taking over Chango's after the building was repossessed from Larry. I thought that the changes to the décor were excellent and that they were a positive sign of what was to come. In the end, I was extremely disappointed with both the service and food. To be honest, I have heard the same complaint from many of my customers who would never post a review. These customers will simply never return to give the establishment a second chance. Instead of us beating each other up on a newsgroup, why don't you kindly pass this information along to the owners and see what can be done about it. I would love nothing more than to the see the Hut be a great success. Rocky Point needs a good bar that has a focus on customer service.
Excuse me ma'm, but you clearly do have a problem considering that you felt the need to research my last name and post it online. You are not beating me up on a newsgroup, you simply stuck your foot in your mouth and can't get it out. Did anyone ever tell you if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all? Please remember, what goes around comes around.

Pinky

Excuse me ma'm, but you clearly do have a problem considering that you felt the need to research my last name and post it online. You are not beating me up on a newsgroup, you simply stuck your foot in your mouth and can't get it out. Did anyone ever tell you if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all? Please remember, what goes around comes around.
Sorry....you are the one who stuck their foot in their mouth with the bogus and biased review of The Hut. The world is filled with online sites where people post reviews and other experiences with various industries. Our tiny community has grown stronger due in part to the fact that others can relate their experiences (good or bad) here for others to read. Angie's list. Ebay, Amazon and more have all thrived under this business model. Instead of EARNING business and loyal customers by providing a decent product or service you have created a delusional notion that your family can obtain customers by way of Jedi-mind-trickery. What goes around does indeed come around. I own a very successful business and place the feedback and opinions of my customers far higher than the childish rants of family members who clearly can't comprehend objectivity.

Last edited:

Lisa F.

Sorry....you are the one who stuck their foot in their mouth with the bogus and biased review of The Hut. The world is filled with online sites where people post reviews and other experiences with various industries. Our tiny community has grown stronger due in part to the ability for others to relate their experiences (good or bad) here for others. Angie's list. Ebay, Amazon and more have all thrived under this business model. Instead of EARNING business and loyal customers by providing a decent product or service you have created a delusional notion that your family can obtain customers by way of Jedi-mind-trickery. What goes around does indeed come around. I own a very successful business and place the feedback and opinions of my customers far higher than the childish rants of family members who clearly can't comprehend objectivity.
Good for you honey!!! You can't be that busy if you have so much time to rant and rave online about others!!

Lisa F.

Sorry....you are the one who stuck their foot in their mouth with the bogus and biased review of The Hut. The world is filled with online sites where people post reviews and other experiences with various industries. Our tiny community has grown stronger due in part to the fact that others can relate their experiences (good or bad) here for others to read. Angie's list. Ebay, Amazon and more have all thrived under this business model. Instead of EARNING business and loyal customers by providing a decent product or service you have created a delusional notion that your family can obtain customers by way of Jedi-mind-trickery. What goes around does indeed come around. I own a very successful business and place the feedback and opinions of my customers far higher than the childish rants of family members who clearly can't comprehend objectivity.
By the way, this is really deep. I didn't realize that saying I had a pleasant experience somewhere (where I am a supposed family member) is delusional and JEDI-mind-trickery (does anyone know what that means?). I will certainly be more careful next time and follow the rules of the business model. Thank you for your feedback!

Kenny

Lisa (Fox) is related but she clearly wants to avoid answering the question. Please know that I did address my issue in person and I was ignored. Despite my requests to speak to someone, the owners were too busy wooing friends and family at another table (please see my original post) to deal with the issue. Maybe if the staff/owners took my feedback seriously, the bad review would never have been posted. The misleading review posted by you tends to back up my earlier statement that many business owners practice entitlement instead of good business.
If you look anything like you come across on this thread, I'd would have ignored you as well..:D You say you manage about 50 condo units, could you put a name to your little enterprise please?

Pinky

If you look anything like you come across on this thread, I'd would have ignored you as well..:D You say you manage about 50 condo units, could you put a name to your little enterprise please?
I was not the first to post on this subject. I had a follow up review that related an honest experience. Much like what happened with the reviews on Mexico Beach Bum, a family member comes here and tries to sway others with a biased statement. Lisa continues to try and distance herself from the familial relationship by stating "where I am a supposed family member". I have had my share of customer complaints over the past few years, but I appreciate the feedback as it helps me to provide a better service. I don't let my family members insult customers for having a negative view of my services. My company is Rocky Point Cleaning & Management.

Eric

Wow....Cant we all just get along....I for one am glad the Hut is in RP....I live in RP and eat there fairly frequently and I have had good service & good food there....There are lots of great places to eat/drink in RP & no establishment is going to please 100% of the people 100% of the time. But anytime someone invests money into RP & brings a cool restaurant, bar or whatever its a good thing & we should try to be supportive....If you dont like the service somewhere then tell the manager......And if any place truly has bad service or bad food or whatever then dont worry things will take care of themselves & that particular place wont be around for long.......

Kenny

I think Lisa might be right, get her a T shirt.:rolleyes: After all, how could Lisa sway anyone with just ONE sentence?
a family member comes here and tries to sway others with a biased statement.

Lisa F.

Wow....Cant we all just get along....I for one am glad the Hut is in RP....I live in RP and eat there fairly frequently and I have had good service & good food there....There are lots of great places to eat/drink in RP & no establishment is going to please 100% of the people 100% of the time. But anytime someone invests money into RP & brings a cool restaurant, bar or whatever its a good thing & we should try to be supportive....If you dont like the service somewhere then tell the manager......And if any place truly has bad service or bad food or whatever then dont worry things will take care of themselves & that particular place wont be around for long.......
You are absolutely right!

Lisa F.

I was not the first to post on this subject. I had a follow up review that related an honest experience. Much like what happened with the reviews on Mexico Beach Bum, a family member comes here and tries to sway others with a biased statement. Lisa continues to try and distance herself from the familial relationship by stating "where I am a supposed family member". I have had my share of customer complaints over the past few years, but I appreciate the feedback as it helps me to provide a better service. I don't let my family members insult customers for having a negative view of my services. My company is Rocky Point Cleaning & Management.
M'am, I never insulted you for your views of the Hut. You are free to speak your mind. I just would like to know how you know I am a family member and how you know my last name.

Lisa F.

Ok now that I have your confidence, could you tell me please where they got the Rock Cornish Game Hen wings? I love them.:D
Hahaha - I honestly don't know! I am not a wing person myself, so I didn't try them. There's no such thing as Rock Cornish Game Hen wings, is there?

GV Jack

Snorin God
Yes there are such things and the whole ones can be purchased at C & S Food Supply.

Kenny, you can keep the wings and give me the rest to grill, one of our favs in this house.

PS: I think they are called Rock Cornish Hens or Game Hens, but in our house they are
"Little Birds". Whatever you call them they are delicsh. Grilled with a glaze of Maple Syrup,
Dijon, Butter and Thyme as they cook. Yum Yum.

rplarry

Hahaha - I honestly don't know! I am not a wing person myself, so I didn't try them. There's no such thing as Rock Cornish Game Hen wings, is there?
In defense of the size of The Hut's wings, they are probably small because they aren't bloated in size by hormones and steroids like they are in the US.

In defense of Pinky though, I totally agree, it's creepy when someone closely attached to a restaurant's testimonial is exposed for their bias, while attempting to be anonymous. Isn't that called "collusion" ?

Kenny

In defense of the size of The Hut's wings, they are probably small because they aren't bloated in size by hormones and steroids like they are in the US.

In defense of Pinky though, I totally agree, it's creepy when someone closely attached to a restaurant's testimonial is exposed for their bias, while attempting to be anonymous. Isn't that called "collusion" ?
I'm surprised you'd find this sentence in or out of contex "creepy".
That's a shame, I thought it was such a nice place, and the owners and staff went out of their way to make you feel welcome!
Ha, if anyone needs investigating (below) it's Eric..LOL
I live in RP and eat there fairly frequently and I have had good service & good food there..

Last edited:

Lisa F.

"Creepy" and "exposed"??? Wow, over a restaurant review?? I don't even know Pinky, and I don't have a clue as to why or how she thinks she knows me. I think it's creepy that she went so far out of her way to find out my last name. As far as me being closely attached, I live over 3,500 miles away in NY!!! And just so you know, "collusion" is a little bit more illegal than posting a restaurant review!