The Hut

GV Jack

Snorin God
The only reason Jack put a like on your comment "off track" is because it gave him a chance to show off his high heel shoe's.
Not true. Those are your buddy's shoes. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of my purse.

MIRAMAR

This is one of the few times on this forum that I am glad the conversation has gotten off track. attachFull6495
Yep- the discussion was too mean spirited for my taste, especially as a business owner- it's the loss of dreams and money. No one goes into business thinking it's not going to work. Thanks for more levity guys (and/or gals!).

Attachments

My name is Jennifer and one of the managers at The Hut. I am a new member to Rocky Point Talk, so please excuse the delayed reply to your post. Rather than get into any specifics of your experience, I will apologize for it being negative. I do not know why you were served a small potato for $8 rather than two large potatoes for $7 or how our shrimp made your mother sick, but I will assure you we only serve fresh, quality products and charge as our menu reads. Our exchange rate is determined through exchange rate.com, rounded to the nearest whole number. And as for Randy, the owner of the establishment, he is amazing. Not because I am his stepdaughter, but because my husband and I have been running his bars for the previous 2 1/2 years, work with him day in and day out regarding the bars, and not only know how hard he works ALL the time behind the scenes, but now know what really goes into running a restaurant/bar. We do not feel we are due any sort of business, we only try our best to provide one for people to enjoy. I recall the day you must be referring to, and the the free tshirts to friends were actually donations to charity fundraisers. I am sorry my husband and/or myself did not make it your way to personally speak with you while you were there, but we appreciate everyone who comes to our establishments and their feedback, negative or positive. If you will not return to The Hut, I am sorry to hear that. If you do, I look forward to meeting you, providing you with the best food and service we possibly can, and putting your past experiences behind us.

My family had the same experience a week ago on Wednesday. Ordered potato skins only to be served a tiny baked potato topped with bacon for $8.00. Service was slow but we understood that the wait staff had little to no training. Ordered wings and they were the smallest I have ever seen. We miss the wings from Wing's Army, the best wings franchise in Mexico. The shrimp made mom sick and the exchange rate was the worst ever. They did not have any change or a starting bank. All of this while the owners went around the room giving out t-shirts to their friends and ignoring the other tables. Nobody seemed to care about our experience and we will not be back. I see too many places open here in Rocky Point where the owners feel they are owed the business. A few months later the business is closed and the owners can't figure out what went wrong. One would think that experienced owners like Randy would understand.
I posted this at the end of the forum by mistake. I would like to acknowledge your experience as follows:

My name is Jennifer and one of the managers at The Hut. I am a new member to Rocky Point Talk, so please excuse the delayed reply to your post. Rather than get into any specifics of your experience, I will apologize for it being negative. I do not know why you were served a small potato for $8 rather than two large potatoes for $7 or how our shrimp made your mother sick, but I will assure you we only serve fresh, quality products and charge as our menu reads. Our exchange rate is determined through exchange rate.com, rounded to the nearest whole number. And as for Randy, the owner of the establishment, he is amazing. Not because I am his stepdaughter, but because my husband and I have been running his bars for the previous 2 1/2 years, work with him day in and day out regarding the bars, and not only know how hard he works ALL the time behind the scenes, but now know what really goes into running a restaurant/bar. We do not feel we are due any sort of business, we only try our best to provide one for people to enjoy. I recall the day you must be referring to, and the the free tshirts to friends were actually donations to charity fundraisers. I am sorry my husband and/or myself did not make it your way to personally speak with you while you were there, but we appreciate everyone who comes to our establishments and their feedback, negative or positive. If you will not return to The Hut, I am sorry to hear that. If you do, I look forward to meeting you, providing you with the best food and service we possibly can, and putting your past experiences behind us.
Jen Albert, 1 minute agoEditReport
#67Reply

Went to the Hut for the Cardinals football game Thursday, Not impressed at all.
Summary as follows.
Service was ok, except it took 25 minutes for a follow-up drink order, table for 2.
Food took 30 minutes.
Chicken Wings, advertised as 1lb they were the smallest wings I have ever seen, no drummets at all.
Celery and Carrots were a whole 2 oz total, Wow really disappointed.
Mozerrella sticks were all cheese and almost no breading, Wings and Mozz sticks were semi cold.
Ordered a hamburger and fries they were pretty good for anywhere 7-8 out of 10.
There were random power brownouts resulting in some of the TV's getting slow/cutout video of the game.
The AZ Cards got beat, sadly and,
The check came to $33 for 1 wings, 1 mozz, sticks, 1 hamburger and fries, 2 Cokes and 2 Sol's.
Gave 500 pesos and got back 4 dollars, works out to a 15.15 exchange rate for them.
at 12.5 it should have been $40 instead of $46. Asked about it and result was a $3 tip and will
not see me again. I usually give places here 2 tries but Chango's was actually better. IMHO.
Too many other places like Bryan's, Boo Bar, Capones even JJ's with same or better food,
that may try harder to serve me better and not take unfair advantage of the peso/dollar rate.
My name is Jennifer and am one of the managers at The Hut. I apologize for two things. First, I am new to Rocky Point Talk. If I had been a member sooner, I definitely would have acknowledged your post sooner. And second, for your unpleasant experience. We have since worked out any kinks, food and electrical included. We determine our exchange rate through exchange rate.com rounded to the nearest whole number. I do not know how you were given the wrong change, at an exchange of 15.5, but apologize and assure you that if this had been brought to our attention at the time, we would have corrected the issue immediately. We pride ourselves on honesty, cleanliness, quality, and service. I am sorry to hear you would not give us a second chance. Being that a considerable amount of time has passed, I hope you change your mind. Our business hours are similar to those of the rest in Peñasco, so unfortunately I do not get to our neighboring restaurants and bars as often as I would like, but agree... Bryan's, Boo Bar, Capone's, and JJ's are all great places. If you choose to revisit The Hut, please ask for myself or my husband, Leo. We love to meet our customers and hear their feedback, negative or positive. Again, I sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience and hope you will change your mind, give us a second chance, and enjoy yourself at The Hut at some point in the near future.

First let me say, I am not related to or in business with anyone associated with Wrecked at the Reef or The Hut. I am however a long time customer of Jen and Leo's prior establishments, the little Wrecked and Jen's Joint. Anyone who spent any time at either place knows that Jen and Leo are the nicest couple running any bar / restaurant in Penasco. They always go out of their way to assure the customer is happy and made to feel welcome. The Hut was a big step up in size and scope from their 2 prior establishments and some growing pains can be expected. While no one would say that Wrecked at the Reef is the cheapest place in town to eat or drink, it is very well run and more consistantly good than the competition. Give them a chance to get the kinks worked out and I am sure the complants will go away. Some people however, will never be satisfied and should probably just stay home.
As to the small size of the wings, I'd blame it on climate change.
Thank you. Leo and I pride ourselves in providing the best service, food, establishment in general, that we possibly can. We most definitely try our best, whole heartedly enjoy what we do, and truly appreciate that you not only see that, but have been with us since Little Wrecked! Thank you again.

We went the day after it opened. We didn't order food but did order drinks. Our sever was funny, quick and polite. We didn't experience any black outs. We will go there again.
Thank you. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience, and we do hope to see you again.

badfish

We went to The Hut the day they opened in October. Although they were still working on the place our service was never lacking. The food was great too. I'm glad to have you guys there.

What days are you open?
We are open Thursday-Monday. Thursday, Sunday, and Monday 11am-12am. Friday and Saturday 10am-2am. Happy Hour Thursday, Friday, and Monday 3-6pm. And Sunday All Day. This includes $2 beer (Tecate, Tecate Lt, XX, Sol, Indio, Bohemia Dark, and Heineken), $3 Well Cocktails, and Any Sandwich, Fries or Onion Rings, and Beer for $8. (BLT, Classic, Green Chili, Bacon, and 1000 Island Burgers. BBQ, Bacon Avocado, and Chicken Salad sandwiches).

Shawn Johnson plays acoustic and performs a mix of classic rock and new age from Thursday-Sunday 9pm-11pm. He's awesome. This weekend, though, will be an exception. This Friday night we will be hosting Roger Clyne's January Jam so performance times will vary. Saturday night Shawn will be playing a couple of hours earlier and La Merca, from Wrecked at the Reef, playing at 11pm.

We went to The Hut the day they opened in October. Although they were still working on the place our service was never lacking. The food was great too. I'm glad to have you guys there.
Thank you! We are glad to be there. And I am very happy to hear you enjoyed yourselves and hope to see you again soon! And don't be shy. Unless you'd rather stay anonymous, I like putting names to faces and meeting everyone.