The Hut

mermaid

I know The Hut on Sandy Beach was suppose to open in early October. Any idea if the will be open today for lunch? If so I am there.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Went to the Hut for the Cardinals football game Thursday, Not impressed at all.
Summary as follows.
Service was ok, except it took 25 minutes for a follow-up drink order, table for 2.
Food took 30 minutes.
Chicken Wings, advertised as 1lb they were the smallest wings I have ever seen, no drummets at all.
Celery and Carrots were a whole 2 oz total, Wow really disappointed.
Mozerrella sticks were all cheese and almost no breading, Wings and Mozz sticks were semi cold.
Ordered a hamburger and fries they were pretty good for anywhere 7-8 out of 10.
There were random power brownouts resulting in some of the TV's getting slow/cutout video of the game.
The AZ Cards got beat, sadly and,
The check came to $33 for 1 wings, 1 mozz, sticks, 1 hamburger and fries, 2 Cokes and 2 Sol's.
Gave 500 pesos and got back 4 dollars, works out to a 15.15 exchange rate for them.
at 12.5 it should have been $40 instead of $46. Asked about it and result was a $3 tip and will
not see me again. I usually give places here 2 tries but Chango's was actually better. IMHO.
Too many other places like Bryan's, Boo Bar, Capones even JJ's with same or better food,
that may try harder to serve me better and not take unfair advantage of the peso/dollar rate.

Reactions: ADR

Pinky

My family had the same experience a week ago on Wednesday. Ordered potato skins only to be served a tiny baked potato topped with bacon for $8.00. Service was slow but we understood that the wait staff had little to no training. Ordered wings and they were the smallest I have ever seen. We miss the wings from Wing's Army, the best wings franchise in Mexico. The shrimp made mom sick and the exchange rate was the worst ever. They did not have any change or a starting bank. All of this while the owners went around the room giving out t-shirts to their friends and ignoring the other tables. Nobody seemed to care about our experience and we will not be back. I see too many places open here in Rocky Point where the owners feel they are owed the business. A few months later the business is closed and the owners can't figure out what went wrong. One would think that experienced owners like Randy would understand.

stingray

We went last night and it was about 20% full. The upstairs was closed off. We usually stop in for french fries on the way home. Now the kitchen closes at 10:00....

badfish

Well Known Member
We went the day after it opened. We didn't order food but did order drinks. Our sever was funny, quick and polite. We didn't experience any black outs. We will go there again.

Lisa F.

My family had the same experience a week ago on Wednesday. Ordered potato skins only to be served a tiny baked potato topped with bacon for $8.00. Service was slow but we understood that the wait staff had little to no training. Ordered wings and they were the smallest I have ever seen. We miss the wings from Wing's Army, the best wings franchise in Mexico. The shrimp made mom sick and the exchange rate was the worst ever. They did not have any change or a starting bank. All of this while the owners went around the room giving out t-shirts to their friends and ignoring the other tables. Nobody seemed to care about our experience and we will not be back. I see too many places open here in Rocky Point where the owners feel they are owed the business. A few months later the business is closed and the owners can't figure out what went wrong. One would think that experienced owners like Randy would understand.
That's a shame, I thought it was such a nice place, and the owners and staff went out of their way to make you feel welcome!

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I went there Nov. 16th, for a second time, food is OK, wings were a joke again, 1/2 the size you get in the USA, (must be using quail wings of something, LOL).
Nice place, service was good, but food was average at best and expensive for what you get.
Too many great places like Bryan's, the Boo Bar and other places to go, not going try it a 3rd time.

Pinky

That's a shame, I thought it was such a nice place, and the owners and staff went out of their way to make you feel welcome!
At least have the courtesy and tell the members of the forum that your opinion is biased as you are related to the owners of the Hut. Maybe you were the one getting the free t-shirt while our table was ignored. By the way, I did go back and the service was just as bad as the first time.

Last edited:

Lisa F.

At least have the courtesy and tell the members of the forum that your opinion is biased as you are related to the owners of the Hut. Maybe you were the one getting the free t-shirt while our table was ignored. By the way, I did go back and the service was just as bad as the first time.
Are you related??
Related to who? Just wanted to express my opinion regarding the new establishment, but someone seems to have a bone to pick (a chicken bone that is - haha). I did not get a free T shirt, but if you have an extra one I'll take it. Thanks!

Lisa F.

Regardless of who is related to who, the owner of a business always appreciates hearing constructive criticism directly and in person. It is not not nice or fair to bad mouth an establishment without giving them a chance to make things acceptable (in your opinion).

Pinky

Related to who? Just wanted to express my opinion regarding the new establishment, but someone seems to have a bone to pick (a chicken bone that is - haha). I did not get a free T shirt, but if you have an extra one I'll take it. Thanks!
Lisa is related but she clearly wants to avoid answering the question. Please know that I did address my issue in person and I was ignored. Despite my requests to speak to someone, the owners were too busy wooing friends and family at another table (please see my original post) to deal with the issue. Maybe if the staff/owners took my feedback seriously, the bad review would never have been posted. The misleading review posted by you tends to back up my earlier statement that many business owners practice entitlement instead of good business.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lisa F.

Lisa (Fox) is related but she clearly wants to avoid answering the question. Please know that I did address my issue in person and I was ignored. Despite my requests to speak to someone, the owners were too busy wooing friends and family at another table (please see my original post) to deal with the issue. Maybe if the staff/owners took my feedback seriously, the bad review would never have been posted. The misleading review posted by you tends to back up my earlier statement that many business owners practice entitlement instead of good business.
Ma'm , the only way you would know my last name is if (a) you are stalking me, or (b) you are a supposed friend of the owner. Since you seem to be so upset about not getting a t-shirt, I will personally see to it that you get one!

Pinky

Ma'm , the only way you would know my last name is if (a) you are stalking me, or (b) you are a supposed friend of the owner. Since you seem to be so upset about not getting a t-shirt, I will personally see to it that you get one!
Nobody is stalking you nor do I have a problem with you. I am simply an observant person. In fact, I was excited to learn that someone with some actual experience in the bar business would be taking over Chango's after the building was repossessed from Larry. I thought that the changes to the décor were excellent and that they were a positive sign of what was to come. In the end, I was extremely disappointed with both the service and food. To be honest, I have heard the same complaint from many of my customers who would never post a review. These customers will simply never return to give the establishment a second chance. Instead of us beating each other up on a newsgroup, why don't you kindly pass this information along to the owners and see what can be done about it. I would love nothing more than to the see the Hut be a great success. Rocky Point needs a good bar that has a focus on customer service.

Reactions: ADR